Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ...
    this movie will either friggin amazing...or 100% horrible. i dont forsee any grey area here. i have no doubt it will make alot of money the first week just because of the fanbase...but man..../worried

That took forever, finally GC is gone!

Not a good sign having this be moved from a prime release date to the dead zone that is the first few months of the year. This is a big fail on the part of the studio. If December wasn't going to work, they should have moved it to May or June to catch the early Summer rush.

Quote Originally Posted by OnyxShadow View Post
    Not a good sign having this be moved from a prime release date to the dead zone that is the first few months of the year. This is a big fail on the part of the studio. If December wasn't going to work, they should have moved it to May or June to catch the early Summer rush.
    That was my thought too, except that they haven't even started making the thing yet. If the movie was complete and then they pushed it to the March dumping period I'd say it's doomed for sure, but I think in this case there's still room for hope. A fair number of "testing the waters" movies have started coming out in March; if this movie is decent and gets decent audiences, I'm sure they'll make sequels that more directly compete w/ the summer or Christmas blockbusters. Which I think speaks to the reason for this change: no one quite knows if this will be received as "a silly CGI film from that dorky Warcraft game" or the next Lord of the Rings smash hit, and an unknown like that is just too much of a gamble to put up against one of the most anticipated movies of the decade.

Deleted
    Nothing new here then ..except for having an official date which could still be pushed back

Deleted
    2 things Blizzard is good at: delaying things and creating paid content. Sad but true

Aaand there goes the last slither of interest I ever had in this film.

The time to strike when the iron was hot passed back in 2007-2010 when WotLK's peak would have had the player and movie goer base by the balls, let alone now when the iron is barely luke warm.

Duncan Jones is an amazing and talented film maker, i really do hope he has the foresight to see that hes been given a bit of a lemon.

I still to this day think a live action Warcraft film is a mistake. the general public will see it as a B grade LotR rip off, and disgruntled ex players probably will have no interest seeing it in two years time.

Smart thing for me would have been a full length action CGI film with excellent voice actors, and the quality we know Blizzard is capable of (WoW cinematics, HotS cinematic etc)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kamikaze148 View Post
    Aaand there goes the last slither of interest I ever had in this film.

The time to strike when the iron was hot passed back in 2007-2010 when WotLK's peak would have had the player and movie goer base by the balls, let alone now when the iron is barely luke warm.

Duncan Jones is an amazing and talented film maker, i really do hope he has the foresight to see that hes been given a bit of a lemon.

I still to this day think a live action Warcraft film is a mistake. the general public will see it as a B grade LotR rip off, and disgruntled ex players probably will have no interest seeing it in two years time.

Smart thing for me would have been a full length action CGI film with excellent voice actors, and the quality we know Blizzard is capable of (WoW cinematics, HotS cinematic etc)

It'll be fine. They pushed it back most likely due to the fact a new starwars movie comes out in December. Not wise to fight against that.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

This movie should have been out 3-4 years ago when people would have really been excited about a WoW movie. Now with it being 2016 who will really care?

Thank god. As excited i am to see this film, I'm glad they're not competing with star wars. I want to pay and support both movies, but if they both came out at the same time it be too tempted to pay for one and sneak into the other =P

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    It'll be fine. They pushed it back most likely due to the fact a new starwars movie comes out in December. Not wise to fight against that.
    And I believe the 3rd part of the Hobbit(if all goes to plan) will come out then as well.

HAPPY BLOODY THANKSGIVING TO YOU ALL LORE-PVP-PVE-HATER-WISEAZZ-ANY-nerd ... have a blast of a thanksgiving today and enjoy some turkey ... or any animal you guys have this day ... and other HOLIDAY ... have a nice day

Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    Holy shit thats quite a long wait, it would be a miracle if WoW will still even be relevant when the movie releases.
    This is actually a very good point.

Is anyone really surprised here..this movie has been delayed for like 5 years.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Souflikar View Post
    This is actually a very good point.
    Not really a miracle. It'll still be relevant. Now granted they'll most likely be other mmo's out.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Doesn't surprise me. They had a pretty barebones blizzcon panel over it. I'm surprised the director even showed up. At this point they should just make it cg. They are kings at that anyway.

I wonder if they would push the movie again if Star Wars decided to troll and release it at March 4 2016 instead

they never made it

And that's how we fix the problem of having the same release date of Star Wars Episode 8