Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Chonar View Post
    Trust me, I gave it an honestly fair shot of trying to get into it.
    Well judging by the idea you put forward in your OP, i am not the least bit suprised

Quote Originally Posted by MissMin View Post
    Garrosh survives and escapes the heroes in WoD, captures another bronze dragon and forces him to send them both to Azeroth 2041 - a future expansion has been leaked, you read it here first.
    LOL

Pretty funny actually

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Puffler View Post
    Well judging by the idea you put forward in your OP, i am not the least bit suprised
    I assume this is a stab at the perceived originality of my ideas, and while I may've been subconsciously influenced by material I've read a handful of years ago (as is everyone), I assure you that any sort of plagiarism is completely unintended.
    Looking marvelous in velvet.

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post
    I fuggin' love shit like this. 2000 year speculation, alright-

Alliance

-Humans, gnomes, and dwarves cover the eastern kingdoms in their cities. Dark Iron dwarf technology leads to the construction of numerous trains and tramways both above and beneath the surface. The church of the holy light purges the Plaguelands of corruption in the wake of the Forsaken's retreat and reclaims the territory for humanity. All races make use of 'vita', an energy of creation first harnessed by Jaina Proudmoore.

-Dwarves successfully construct Titan Creation Forges of their own design and use them to manufacture servitor races for both warfare and labour. Several forges along the eastern coast of Khaz Modan fall to the Curse of Flesh during the Nightmare Incursion and must be purged. The dwarven clans unleash their technology and bury the corrupted Forges beneath the earth. It slows the flow of corrupted servitors... for a time.

-The restored Sunwell leads to a schism in elven society - those who seek to return to the ways of the high elves, who call themselves sun elves, and those who seek to continue the ways of the blood elves. Blood elves leave Quel'Thalas and found a new kingdom in the Blasted Lands, drawing upon the rift that remains from the destroyed Dark Portal. Sun elves use the Sunwell to fuel their magical technology and are more closely aligned with the Alliance factions. Blood elves begin plundering other worlds through the rift and are only loosely associated with the Horde.

-Many gnomes join the draenei aboard the Exodar along with high elves, goblins, and other races. The Exodar reunites with Tempest Keep and departs Azeroth.

-Night elves and worgen vanished from Azeroth after the Nightmare Incursion.

Horde

-Orcish industry thunders onwards. After the Nightmare Incursion and the loss of Durotar, the orcs rebuild their homeland in Stonetalon, cleaving mountains and raising foundries. Shamans binds elements to service, in the manner of the taunka and dark shaman. Elemental binding provides more advanced power sources of orc technology.

-Trolls and tauren vanished from Azeroth after the Nightmare Incursion.

-The forsaken retreated from the surface, hiding beneath the world. Their Undercities lie deep beneath nearly every major settlement on Azeroth. The largest is Everblight, a kingdom hidden within the rotting roots of Teldrassil, the long abandoned night elf capital. The dark magic animating Sylvanas Windrunner has, after millennia, evolved and transformed her into a powerful demigod. Her people are few in number, but capture the corpses of the surface world's best and brightest and raise them in Val'kyr Engines to create powerful agents. The forsaken blight is the only thing keeping the Nightmare infestation in Teldrassil from spreading to engulf Kalimdor.

-Many goblins departed Azeroth aboard the Exodar. Those that remain have constructed cities across northern Kalimdor. They trade with the kingdom of the orcs. Goblins are split between Kalimdor goblins and Undermine goblins - the goblins of Undermine have unearthed ancient goblin technology constructed in the earliest days of their race when their intellect was vastly increased by an unknown mineral. Much of this technology was buried or lost, but the goblins of Undermine seek to rediscover and harness it.
    dafuq did i just read

nightmare incursion, wut

are you high dude?

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Fortunatly, there is not much interesting about warhammer. It's a testosterone-fueled wankfest of worn-out sci-fi tropes and needless grimdark, topped with a clusterfuck of awkwardly aligned factions.

No seriously this comment is so full of fail and heresy its not even funny. Also "needless" and "grimdark" never come in single sentence.

OT: In 2000 years status quo is still sacred thing. Neither technology nor culture progresses leaving azeroth races, in state of endless stagnation.

Trust me, I gave it an honestly fair shot of trying to get into it.
    Do yourself a favor and try more, there is hundreds of novels for both fantasy and 40k with tons and tons off good lore, once you start to like it you cant stop. If you like fantasy/sci-fi in general there is no reason not to enjoy them.

Does the story still have to cater to the useless pvp gameplay? If not there might actually be lasting peace in few years time.
    I doubt the druidic teachings can that easily be transfered to other planets, they do after all rely on spirits of azeroth. Not sure if you can just go to another planet and start cultivating that without all the emerald dream and titan background, well if they had the tech maybe.

But to be honest, considering how the usiverse works currently, even in 10k years time I don't see any of the races going anywhere, at least when it comes to technology. Blizzard's writing does not feature logical consequences .
    Last edited by Cosmic Janitor; 2013-12-04 at 11:55 AM.

Lets see: No resource problems, transportation is instant and perfect, illness is immediately curable. It doesn't bode well for civilization.

-All of the races that can interbreed have done so to such an extent that they are hardly distinguishable. There are now Trollkin, titankin, beastkin, and aliens.

-Forsaken no longer maintain corporeal forms as those few who haven't gone mad have found a way to transcend flesh

-The races of Azeroth have spread to countless planets and no longer keep in touch with one another.

-There are only a handful of current lore characters left alive. Though I suspect Jaina will be a lich by then.

-Travel is done with dimensional magic, as is combat.

-No single person is powerful enough to face the threats mortals are faced with, and each character is constantly bolstered via a magical dimensional link to an army of various powerful forces pumping their energy into them. This one type of power is essentially shamanism channeling an army of other mortals.

-time travel has been invented and harnessed by mortals and is now so prevalent that any moment of peace in history is full of refugees from times of war. This population density causes more times of war.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    *heretic memetic picture*
    No seriously this comment is so full of fail and heresy its not even funny. Also "needless" and "grimdark" never come in single sentence.
    Groan. You know you're dealing with a superfan if they're using the 'heresy' label with some degree of seriousness. Lol roleplay.

Quote Originally Posted by ParanoiD84 View Post
    Do yourself a favor and try more, there is hundreds of novels for both fantasy and 40k with tons and tons off good lore, once you start to like it you cant stop. If you like fantasy/sci-fi in general there is no reason not to enjoy them.
    Okay. But I retain the right to remain skeptical.
    Any suggestions where to start anew? Maybe I just dove in too deep from the start, that's completely possible.

why would warlocks vanish? demons don't even exist in real life, yet that doesn't stop demon worshipers from existing even now.

plus, even if the burning legion is defeated, I doubt demons will go extinct. they existed before the legion, they could exist after it.

warlocks are 4ever
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

Groan. You know you're dealing with a superfan if they're using the 'heresy' label with some degree of seriousness. Lol roleplay.

Okay. But I retain the right to remain skeptical.
    Any suggestions where to start anew? Maybe I just dove in too deep from the start, that's completely possible.
    For 40K Horus heresy books with Horus Rising as the first one is a good place to start and for Fantasy the Sigmar Trilogy is a good place to begin, sure im not forcing you to read but if you get hooked you will have many many hours of enjoyment.

10+ Year Old Account
    For 40K Horus heresy books with Horus Rising is a good place to start and for Fantasy the Sigmar Trilogy is a good place to begin, sure im not forcing you to read but if you get hooked you will have many many hours of enjoyment.
    Pretty much this, horus rising, false gods and galaxy in flames are good ones to start. Just dont get something like "legion" or "nemesis".

Pretty much this, horus rising, false gods and galaxy in flames are good ones to start.
    All good ones, also Gortex and Felix is a good one for fantasy as they introduce you to basically all races as the serie progresses.

10+ Year Old Account
    For 40K Horus heresy books with Horus Rising as the first one is a good place to start and for Fantasy the Sigmar Trilogy is a good place to begin, sure im not forcing you to read but if you get hooked you will have many many hours of enjoyment.
    Horus Rising it is. Never let it be said my opinions are set in stone.

Pretty much this, horus rising, false gods and galaxy in flames are good ones to start. Just dont get something like "legion" or "nemesis".
    Why not? Bad author?
    Unpopular canon?

- - - Updated - - -

All good ones, also Gortex and Felix is a good one for fantasy as they introduce you to basically all races as the serie progresses.
    Wouldn't knowing that be the basis for all subsequent story branches? Perhaps a better choice than Horus Rising, then?

10+ Year Old Account
    Horus Rising it is. Never let it be said my opinions are set in stone.

Why not? Bad author?
    Unpopular canon?

- - - Updated - - -

Wouldn't knowing that be the basis for all subsequent story branches? Perhaps a better choice than Horus Rising, then?
    Good author, good cannon. They are simply written from pov that you know alot about main story/uniwerse, and simply add complexity to that. They are somewhat of endgame.

The 3 ones i mentioned are absolute introduction to both main story arc and uniwerse itself.

Depends if your more into fantasy or sci-fi, the horus heresy is for the 40K universe and gotrex and felix is for the fantasy one. Sure there are similarities between the universes but many races in fantasy are not in the sci-fi universe. i would start with either depending on what you like more.

Sry for OT, continue with the thread now

gnome tech has already become selfaware. in 2k years. the life on azeroth will probobly have all been eradicated by insane machines rivaling even the titans in technology, machines will have spreadthrouout the twisting nether and the great dark beyond. oldgods/burning legion/titans will have been defeated by quadrillions of drones, constnatly massproducing more and more, until all matter in the univerese is spent. A lifeless dark era that shall last for infinity.