Page 1 of 3
LastLast

SV opening burst damage - rotation and Macros help

I have some problems with my opening sequence. I am noticing how some other hunters reach 800k burst while I barely reach 650k equally geared so I must be doing something wrong on pulls when I burn everything and use all my cds and pre-pot etc. I do get them back after their opening cools down though which tells me my problem is only on pull.

Would you guys help me out here? some tips on what you all do on pulls? and what macros to use as well? I do pre-pot and stampede and rapid fire and do my rotation as usual but some reason it seems like I'm not doing it as efficiently as some others.

Thank you!

My biggest tip that I have found out to work for SV burst is: Pray to RNG gods.

LnL proc = DEEEPPPPPSSS
    No LnL proc = Sad hunter

Deleted
    Well, I suppose it's all about DPET.

Get everything with high DPET out first, then switch into normal rotation.

Spec into AMoC if you don't do already. While the differnece in damage to Blink Strikes is negliable, it moves all it's damage into a 30 sec window, thus making it burstier.

I usually open with ES, follewed by a CD macro(Stampede, Rapid Fire, Berserking(Troll Racial) and Synapse Springs) and Crows. Usually my passive regen is enough to put up BA after that an SS or CoS followed by the SS.
    From there it's just normal rotation, LnL procs can boost you quite a but more when you're lucky and get one very early.

Hope this helps

Someone recommended a while back opening with a precast GT and I think it works very nicely.

It has 2-3 seconds travel time from max range (in which you regenerate most of the focus cost)
    It doesn't trigger procs until it hits the target.
    It doesn't calculate it's damage until it hits the target (still gains benefit of delayed prepot)
    It doesn't put you in combat until it hits the boss (allowing you to prepot and begin your opener while it's in flight)
    It counts as two hits for the purpose of proc'ing trinkets etc. giving you a better chance to have everything proc at once.

So a typical opener is
    -2 GT
    -0.1 prepot
    0 regular opener (results may vary)

Praying the the RNG gods as mentioned above is a good strategy.
    DPS variance on the pull can be pretty massive from LnL RNG.

No need for any macros really. Some macro Stamp/RF/Beserking/Tinker/whatever.

Looking at logs might be helpful to see if you're not spamming hard enough or doing something silly. Recording yourself playing and rewatching the video is helpful also.

Precast GT
    SS
    AMOC (early as to get max benefit of AoC trink)
    Stampede + RF + etc
    Cobra(? not sure if necessary)
    Black Arrow (all trinket'd and stuff)

And continue.

Tbfh I don't play Survival but just thinking through mechanics etc I'd say the above is optimal.. I'd take someone who has Surv experience/ranking's advice over mine though - but until somebody shows..!

if u r focusing on burst BM rocks 1 mil or near 1 mil burst damage is freaking awesome!

Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Azortharion View Post
    Precast GT
    SS
    Stampede + RF + etc

And continue.

Tbfh I don't play Survival but just thinking through mechanics etc I'd say the above is optimal.. I'd take someone who has Surv experience/ranking's advice over mine though - but until somebody shows..!
    The problem with precasting GT is that the pull for a SV hunter with AMoC is very, very focus negative. I know Devai uses Explosive Shot as his opening shot, but if you do that, then cast AMoC and Stampede, you don't have enough focus to cast a Black Arrow right away. The only way to have an optimal SV opener with AMoC is to use Fervor.

With TotH, I do AMoC->Stampede->BA<(if both trinkets active)>Explosive->SrS->Cobra->GT. My reasoning is that AMoC and Stampede don't snapshot and inherit temporary buffs, so they may as well be cast before your trinkets proc.

Quote Originally Posted by anjan011 View Post
    if u r focusing on burst BM rocks 1 mil or near 1 mil burst damage is freaking awesome!
    u can easily get 1m burst as sv.

doesn't really matter what your opener is, as long as you dont cast BA until at least one of your trinkets proc and you spam L&L.

Also I don't see the point of opening with GT. only value would be to proc ICD&RPPM before the rest of your opener, which could also be done with an autoshot. You'd just be using a GT without any bonus agi behind it, and after the 15sec cd your RPPM will be gone by that point, another GT without the agi behind it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kidsafe View Post
    With TotH, I do AMoC->Stampede->BA<(if both trinkets active)>Explosive->SrS->Cobra->GT. My reasoning is that AMoC and Stampede don't snapshot and inherit temporary buffs, so they may as well be cast before your trinkets proc.
    This is a solid opener

Quote Originally Posted by Barishan View Post
    u can easily get 1m burst as sv.
    with ur ilvl sure but with ur ilvl BM will burst past 1M easily. the burst comparison isnt really near each other. granted as fight goes dps will fall down to near each other.

Quote Originally Posted by anjan011 View Post
    with ur ilvl sure but with ur ilvl BM will burst past 1M easily. the burst comparison isnt really near each other. granted as fight goes dps will fall down to near each other.
    You can easily compete/beat bm burst with survival if you are lucky with LnL and trinket proccs.

Deleted
    I'm not playing SV much anymore, I'm only playing SV on 2 bosses in siege. I only played SV during progress and my opener was, assuming you have toth+amoc:
    ES+RF (+troll racial)
    Black Arrow
    (if we pop hero on pull, or if youre a troll, you could fit in SS here)
    Stampede
    Amoc
    Cobra shot
    SS (or GT if I got hero on pull)
    ES

Quote Originally Posted by mercylolk View Post
    doesn't really matter what your opener is, as long as you dont cast BA until at least one of your trinkets proc and you spam L&L.

Also I don't see the point of opening with GT. only value would be to proc ICD&RPPM before the rest of your opener, which could also be done with an autoshot. You'd just be using a GT without any bonus agi behind it, and after the 15sec cd your RPPM will be gone by that point, another GT without the agi behind it.
    It does matter.
    GT snapshots when the glaives hit the target, not when you fire them. With some good timing and trinketluck, you can get both trinket proccs from autoattacks before the glaives even land, buffing them with agi.
    Same goes for Serpent Sting btw, snapshots when it lands, not when you fire it.

Another thing is BA. You'd want to apply BA as soon as possible to maximize the chance of getting LnL while having both trinket proccs up.

With Toth, i open with

Precast GT
    Prepot
    -
    BA
    Srs (SrS early to get that extra focus from it)
    RF (Varies a bit, either before Srs or after because i dont care too much)
    Stampede
    Crows (You get the focus required just as the GCD is about to finish)
    CS
    ES

The first BA tick should tick sometime between Crows and that CS, so with luck you'll have 5-6 seconds of LnL spam with both trinkets going, 2nd tick is 2-4 secs of double trouble LnL, depends when it proccs ofc.

"But Hoofey, why the late ES?"

Well, its either ES or GT at the start, you could argue that you'll be able to fit 2x ES, but whats an unbuffed ES worth anyway compared to getting a smooth opener. You dont really lose anything anyways, that unbuffed ES will just "delay" your other skills.

But yeah, there are many good ways to open, and it changes with different talents.

----

Just wanted to add that when the stars align and stuff proccs, my 575 ilvl has no problem whatsoever hitting 1.2 mill +/- dps.

When we have a warrior with skullbanner.
    ....and stormlash.

Because 10mans.
    Last edited by Hoofey; 2014-02-20 at 05:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuttifrutt View Post
    You can easily compete/beat bm burst with survival if you are lucky with LnL and trinket proccs.
    IF u r LUCKY. trinklet proc and long streak of LnL will be required. if u have a long streak of LnL, u wil most definitely hit hard.

Quote Originally Posted by Azortharion View Post
    Precast GT
    SS
    Stampede + RF + etc

!

...AMOC doesn't benefit from AoC trinket.

Quote Originally Posted by Hodorsmash View Post
    ...AMOC doesn't benefit from AoC trinket.
    He's talking about the trinket procc, AMOC updates dynamically so if you use it early you get the full duration.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoofey View Post
    He's talking about the trinket procc, AMOC updates dynamically so if you use it early you get the full duration.
    I would believe that but why specify AoC trinket? That logic would apply to any trinket.

Deleted
    RNGIZZLE m8

Quote Originally Posted by Hodorsmash View Post
    I would believe that but why specify AoC trinket? That logic would apply to any trinket.
    Could be that the rppm trinkets usually proccs right away while AoC takes its sweet time to procc, giving you a few seconds to throw AMOC out before it proccs and pray that it proccs right after.
    Or something somethings maybe possible possibilitiness... ish.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoofey View Post
    Could be that the rppm trinkets usually proccs right away while AoC takes its sweet time to procc, giving you a few seconds to throw AMOC out before it proccs and pray that it proccs right after.
    Or something somethings maybe possible possibilitiness... ish.
    Ok I will accept this answer and believe he wasn't just a "Huntard"