10+ Year Old Account

Good Laptop For WoW?

Let me start by saying that building my own is not an option. I don't know how, I don't want to learn, I just don't want to do it. I'm not going to. Ever.

What I would like to know is if the following laptop would be good for World of Warcraft (since it is the only game I play) under the following circumstances:

CPU: A10-5750M with 8650G integrated graphics
    GPU: Radeon 8750M
    RAM: 8GB DDR3 (2 Dimm)

I don't require to play on Maximum settings, but here is a list of what I'll be looking for performance-wise:

Resolution: 1366x768
    Texture Resolution: High
    Texture Filtering: Lowest/Off/Don't Care
    Projected Textures: Off
    View Distance: Highest
    Environment Detail: Highest
    Ground Clutter: Highest
    Shadow Quality: Lowest/Off/Don't Care
    Liquid Detail: Lowest/Off/Don't Care
    Sunshafts: Off
    Particle Density: Highest
    SSAO: Lowest/Off/Don't Care

Does anybody think that is do-able? I'm used to playing on my current Macbook and getting about 20 fps on lowest settings, so I'd be happy with about 30 or so on the settings I outlined.

Thanks in advance for any advice!

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't worry about 'building' a laptop. You don't. Just desktops.

That said... An AMD solution like that is going to hurt, especially if you plan on raiding, and the 8750 has something to be desired too. What is your budget? An intel i3 system with a nice GPU might serve you better.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chazus View Post
    Don't worry about 'building' a laptop. You don't. Just desktops.

That said... An AMD solution like that is going to hurt, especially if you plan on raiding, and the 8750 has something to be desired too. What is your budget? An intel i3 system with a nice GPU might serve you better.
    I can get a special deal on the one in my original post for $430. I wouldn't want to spend any more than $600 though.

Oh yeah, and I don't really plan on raiding, at least not any more than LFR.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chazus View Post
    An intel i3 system with a nice GPU might serve you better.
    Just found an i7-4700MQ with GT 740M 2GB and 8GB RAM for the same price...seems like it would serve me better.

Quick question though, why is the system that I'm looking at with the i7 only $750 (with free shipping) over at HP when I saw essentially the same one on Newegg and it was like $1'200 The only difference is the one on Newegg was an Msi...is there that much difference in brands?

Intergrated Graphics Suck for WoW to be honest, look for a good laptop with a built in dedicated graphics card

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonath View Post
    Intergrated Graphics Suck for WoW to be honest, look for a good laptop with a built in dedicated graphics card
    Both builds I posted have dedicated graphics.

Quote Originally Posted by RicardoZ View Post
    Both builds I posted have dedicated graphics.
    oh wow didn't notice,

but I would say go for the Intel i7 one,

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonath View Post
    oh wow didn't notice,

but I would say go for the Intel i7 one,
    I was thinking that one would be better because as far as I know Blizzard optimizes their software on purpose for Intel and nVidia products. Also the i7 blows the A10 away, even without that detail and WoW being a more CPU bound title it would make more sense.

Am I correct in my thinking here?