Quote Originally Posted by wow2011 View Post
Since you are a healer, you can try 1 heal 2 tank zerg. This strat means you will only get 1 empowered WW and is easily mitigated with raid CD + personal CDs. Also, only 1 empowered WW means all dps can tunnel on the boss and don't even bother switching to kill adds. I like this strat a lot better and the kills are much cleaner as well.
Can you give me an idea of the DPS requirement to make this work? I'm very interested in trying it.

Quote Originally Posted by Rizendragon View Post
Shammies need to imbue twist to taunt
You beat me to it. However, the adds can be rooted to stop them from running to the tanks, and I think they can be stunned. It's also not completely vital to avoid grouping the adds, if you can control your damage. You just have to separate them by 8 yards when they die. So have the people who CAN taunt reliably pull them out one at a time (if you really can't stop them from dashing for the tank).

I've done this with protection paladins, though, and if the adds are running directly for the tank it's because DPS aren't switching targets fast enough. Any DPS has enough time to overcome healing threat if they aren't slow to switch. You just have to know that the purple circle you moved off of is going to spawn your add and picking it up and killing it is your top priority. I've been in a few runs where DPS complained they couldn't get threat on their adds and the paladin stopped using RF and the adds just ended up on the healers instead of the tanks (which is most definitely not an improvement).

This is a personal responsibility mechanic and it should be obvious who isn't getting it done.