Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Name Something You Like, Love, or Loved About World of Warcraft

With the holiday season almost upon us, and all of the negative type "feedback" and opinion threads, I would like to do something a little different. I would love to see this topic hit hundreds of pages, but the realist in me reminds me that there are more negatives on most forums than positives.

So, it is my hope to turn this into a mega thread filled with positivity. I would love it if folks would name something they like, love, or loved about World of Warcraft. I would genuinely enjoy seeing lots of positive responses. If your response is "I loved it back when.... , buuuuuut... now it's just #*&$ !", Please feel free to use the first half, and leave out the last part. Too often good feelings and memories are easily spoiled by anger or frustration.

So dig deep, find that positive thought about WoW, and share it! Tis the season.

For me, I love my flying mounts. As a recreational pilot IRL, I love seeing the world from another view.

Without a doubt the thing I love the most would be WoW's music, through recent troubling years WoW's music has remained consistently brilliant. Some examples of my favourite pieces from each expansion and original would be:

Vanilla:
    Edit: Tavern Music!
    Westfall / Barrens music
    Ashenvale Forest
    AQ Interior
    Naxx(Spider Wing zomg!)

TBC:
    Hellfire Pennisula
    Eversong Forest BE Theme (Sunwell too)
    Blades Edge Mountains
    BT theme music
    Auchindoun (Mana tombs)

WotLK:
    Northrend Boat theme / Howling Fjord
    DragonBlight
    Storm Peaks
    Ulduar theme
    EoE theme, coldarra zone

Cataclysm:
    Gilneas
    ToT, Vashj'ir theme
    Nordrassil Theme
    Old Gods theme
    Dark Moon Faire

MoP:
    Mantid theme
    Jade Forest
    Mogu theme
    Shadopan theme
    Stormwind theme new (biased ally :P)
    Last edited by SideTracked; 2013-12-05 at 12:33 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Flying Mounts
    LFD
    LFR

Come at me.

I love my characters!

Especially my hunter, who I've had since Classic. I've gotten very attached to her after this many years.

I also love my guild. We've been together in various forms since Wrath, and some people have come and gone, but we've become an incredibly close group of friends, and I wouldn't trade them for the world. A lot of old faces have come back this patch, too, and I could not be more thrilled.

I love Grizzly Hills's music.

I love Talbuks.

I love my farm. I love the Jade Forest. I love Flex mode's scaling raid size. I love my Heroic crossbow. I loved cresting the hill in Dragonblight and seeing the Ruby Dragonshire for the first time. I love the lore this expansion. I love the Sha. I loved the lore in Wrath. I love Old God lore. I love Heroic Scenarios.

Quote Originally Posted by Lime View Post
    Flying Mounts
    LFD
    LFR

Come at me.
    You stole my 3!
    Also loved 15 hour long AV

10+ Year Old Account
    I know some would disagree, but I also love the fact that hunters no longer lose a bag slot for an ammo pouch or quiver. I did not mind ammo, but am so glad I don't have to give up that slot anymore. Really helped with bag space.

Quote Originally Posted by Superman-BladesEdge View Post
    I know some would disagree, but I also love the fact that hunters no longer lose a bag slot for an ammo pouch or quiver. I did not mind ammo, but am so glad I don't have to give up that slot anymore. Really helped with bag space.
    Oh, same. I do not missing having a bag slot taken up for just ammo- or having to get the "best" ammo for raids, not just my other standard consumables.

I loved progressing in Throne of Thunder.
    In hindsight, I liked doing dailies to progress story and my character. If it was toned down a bit in WOD and combined with TI stuff, I'd be a happy camper.
    I loved the WOTLK days! Questing in howling fjord for the first time was amazing.
    I loved cata! Even during DS, I had a good time farming achievements, chasing mounts and doing DS pugs, aswell as dabbling with alts.
    I absolutely loved questing in MOP the first time. I remember the launch night, not being waked up by my alarmclock at midnight, and waking up at 4 o'clock by myself. Those 3 hours before I went to school were so awesome. I remember the feeling of the coffeine rushing through me as never before, listening to Devin Townsend, and smacking up hozen on my mage as I ventured into Jade Forest. Marvellous.
    I love my mounts.
    I love the feeling of seeing a rare mount drop! The feeling of NPCscan popping while camping Aeonaxx was just insane.
    I love the music. Jaina's theme, Invincible, Nightsong and so much more
    I loved leveling my warrior in Vanilla, killing sabers in Teldrassil, reaching level 20 in Redridge mountains, getting my first mount, getting my first epic (The 2h sword in ZF where u had to combine some items or something)

TL;DR I have so many good memories of WoW, but not just that, I still enjoy it immensly and can't wait for WoD to be released!
    And thanks Superman for starting a positive thread here on MMO-C! Reading through all of the back-and-forth arguments, the anger and the hatred is tiring, but finally a thread with some positivity.

~Thanks to PaulDok for the awesome signature!~

A lady from England that nearly cost me my marriage.
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

In ICC, after 30% buff, pushing PuG groups to getting their Kingslayer title. We had some fairly horrible players, but we had so much fun and they were so elated to get the title and achieve. This was probably one of the more rewarding raiding experiences I've had, and I've raided at high levels.

Deleted
    Karazhan.

Please. Give it back...

Playing as a shock paladin way back when on proc life steal weapons had a 100% spell power coefficient and procced off of every single action a paladin took.

Such a small window of time when all those things were together, but I miss it.

15+ Year Old Account
    I really loved how much grind it was to get to lvl 60. and how friendly general chats were.

Have group will travel i set up a tombstone in my yard when they removed it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Create View Post
    Karazhan.

Please. Give it back...
    Karazhan was never taken away.

I love that you have many different play-styles.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

10+ Year Old Account
    Draenei as a race and their musical themes from TBC.

No seriously, I list of what I love about WoW would be too long to be posted here. There's a reason why I play this game for 7 years now.
    The Draenei just stand out, so I go with them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Moon Blade View Post
    I miss the pre-cata world. It felt so much bigger and more mysterious even though it's technically smaller.
    Me too mate I often go into the CoT - Durnhold dungeon to visit the Inn at South Shore... and remember how it was before.

Deleted
    Currently: Doing mage arena with resto druid and using illusion glyph to play frost moose or polar bear (particularly hilarious when you then use mirror image).

Past: Saturday alt runs being top5 on server clearing 11/12 25 HC ICC and all but raggy HC in Firelands regularly clearing it all in one night without much fuss.
    Last edited by mmoc12f267b1c0; 2013-12-05 at 02:49 PM.

Deleted
    Druid shapeshifting
    The varieties of emotes

I know, surprisingly simple... But I took immense pleasure in that.

Deleted
    There is only one thing i liked, loved and still love about World of Warcraft - the Arcane Mage.
    The very first itme i saw one was when i first steped into raiding. I basicaly died on 2nd phase of AnubArak (ToC) and the whole time till he died one arcane mage was dpsing near my dead body. I was watching my screen with jaw droped as i looked at all the flashy things he throwed at the big bug (and on top of that he was top dps ). It had totaly "mage" flavor. All i saw what he is doing and what he is capable of and i was just stuned.
    I made a noam mage right after the raid speced arcane and never looked back again to my pala (until last week when i was bored enough to level it fom 80 to 90).
    And will continiue to love it until WoW die huehue