Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    Velen restored the Sunwell.
    Listen to the Blood elves' opening cinematic when creating a new Blood elf character. Here's a link:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pvPx...layer_embedded

They don't seem too forgiving of the Legion now do they? lol

All jokes aside, a quote from wowpedia:

"As far as interracial relations go, the draenei still distrust or in some cases hate the orcs after having lost so many of their kind when the orcs turned on them. Certain characteristics of modern orcs, such as their still-green skin and the fact that some still practice warlock magic (though their new allies, the humans and the gnomes, are also guilty of this), as well as personal grudges on both sides, make the road to forgiveness difficult, regardless of whatever peace initiatives Velen or Thrall are willing to launch. Nevertheless there are still cases of acceptance between the two; for instance, the Horde aligned Earthen Ring has accepted draenei and Broken shamans to heal Outland. The draenei are also coming to loathe the blood elves, due to the unprovoked assault on Tempest Keep by the blood elves under Kael'thas and their new methods of feeding their magical addiction. They do see that not all blood elves serve Kael'thas and even Velen himself has forebodingly told of the redemption of the elven race in the Sunwell Plateau epilogue. As with any other races though, there are people among them that have strong opinions and beliefs based on first impressions: Despite the help offered by the Scryers and Naaru's acceptance of them the Aldor are in strict competition with them, going so far as not to associate at all with those who have chosen to side with the Scryers."

Quote Originally Posted by Lumineus View Post
    The problem I have with that is, the so called original and interesting race ideas that always come out for Alliance are... Arrakoa (ugh, more furries) and Ethereals (this is your original idea? See-thru purple humans?), and if you couldn't tell from my acerbic banter, I find both ideas lacking.
    I'm an animal fan so Arrakoa is really the best option I've heard of so far here on MMO-C. Personally I would love to see Gnolls or Kobolds but I'm probably one of only few that would be interested in playing ugly beasts. Truth be told I don't think WoW really needs any more races unless they hire more people and dish them out like patch content instead of expansion features. Wouldn't mind High Elves being a part of that if that was the case, but chances of that happening are pretty slim I'd think.

They don't seem too forgiving of the Legion now do they? lol
    I don't think you understood the quote. Draenei don't blame the entire race for the actions of a few, they judge the individuals.

They're not going to forgive the Legion since they're all guilty. They will forgive the blood elves, because they weren't all guilty.

Listen to the Blood elves' opening cinematic when creating a new Blood elf character. Here's a link:
    It was Velen's plan.

I don't think you understood the quote. Draenei don't blame the entire race for the actions of a few, they judge the individuals.

They're not going to forgive the Legion since they're all guilty. They will forgive the blood elves, because they weren't all guilty.
    It was a joke. I feel like you didn't read my post, because you didn't comment anything from the quote.

It was Velen's plan.
    The intro doesn't state anything about Velen at all. Did you listen to it?

It was a joke. I feel like you didn't read my post, because you didn't comment anything from the quote.
    I went to wowpedia, the thing you quoted has no citations.

The intro doesn't state anything about Velen at all. Did you listen to it?
    The intro isn't comprehensive lore. M'uru willingly sacrificed himself because Velen said it was necessary to redeem the blood elves. Velen is also the one who actually restored the Sunwell using M'uru's power.

Herald of the Titans Chain Chungus's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    No High Elves?

Fine. Alliance Ogres. Suck on it.

I went to wowpedia, the thing you quoted has no citations.
    And Kosak isn't the lore designer or character designer, or character background writer either. He's just the quest designer.

The intro isn't comprehensive lore. M'uru willingly sacrificed himself because Velen said it was necessary to redeem the blood elves. Velen is also the one who actually restored the Sunwell using M'uru's power.
    EDIT: Nevermind, I just read it. I concede. However, Velen doesn't speak for all of the Draenei and their feelings towards other races.

And Kosak isn't the lore designer or character designer, or character background writer either. He's just the quest designer.
    Lead narrative designer.

Well, can you give me a quote or link then?
    http://wowpedia.org/Lady_Liadrin

Under meeting with A'dal. It was an in game event.

Lead narrative designer.
    Lead quest designer. Wowpedia.

http://wowpedia.org/Lady_Liadrin

Under meeting with A'dal. It was an in game event.
    I edited my statement before you responded.

Deleted
    high elves are already alliance.... they been since forever. Their lives a large part of high elves in stormwind and dalaran. Added with even more with WOLK, Since Silver Covenant, and in Cata The high elves with reunited with the elves of Darnarsus(Hence why Night elfes can be mages now)

Quote Originally Posted by ragemv View Post
    high elves are already alliance.... they been since forever. Their lives a large part of high elves in stormwind and dalaran. Added with even more with WOLK, Since Silver Covenant, and in Cata The high elves with reunited with the elves of Darnarsus(Hence why Night elfes can be mages now)
    In Cata, the Highborne reunited with the Night elves, not the High elves.

Lead quest designer. Wowpedia.
    Lead Quest Designer included narrative until just recently when the position was split into 2. He's now Lead Narrative Designer.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/11514708/

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    The day High Elves become playable on Alliance would be the day Blizzard fixes Alterac Valley.

Not happening for "balance" reasons.

Lead Quest Designer included narrative until just recently when the position was split into 2. He's now Lead Narrative Designer.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/11514708/
    Oh, I'm sorry! I'm really messing up today! I guess I never looked thoroughly at the listing as I didn't go to Blizzcon or get a Virtual Ticket. Wowhead needs to update this. But still, he didn't create the Draenei or write their backstory. He only recently became the narrative lead, so to say this after how many years since TBC would be a call for a retcon.

Quote Originally Posted by SodiumChloride View Post
    The day High Elves become playable on Alliance would be the day Blizzard fixes Alterac Valley.

What balance reasons?

Quote Originally Posted by Potassiumgluconate View Post

WRONG

http://wow.realmpop.com/us.html

46.4% Horde

53.2% Alliance
    And the same on EU.

http://wow.realmpop.com/eu.html

47.2% Horde

52.5% Alliance

- - - Updated - - -

It wont happen because theres barely any High Elves around.

Oh, I'm sorry! I'm really messing up today! I guess I never looked thoroughly at the listing as I didn't go to Blizzcon or get a Virtual Ticket. Wowhead needs to update this. But still, he didn't create the Draenei or write their backstory. He only recently became the narrative lead, so to say this after how many years since TBC would be a call for a retcon.
    It's not a retcon, it's perfectly in line with how draenei were presented so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Dominus89 View Post
    What actual and factual numbers do you have to show us today? Also, since when do you work for Blizzard?

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dominus89 View Post
    Oh come on now. When did Blizzard ever let "lore" get in the way ...

There could be only one High Elf left and Metzen would just concoct some BS about Thrall taking a rib from the High Elf and making him/her a mate then via lots of incest we have an entire High Elf population within a month.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by cmats4020 View Post
    What balance reasons?
    Already highlighted in the OP. Blood Elves make up a very significant part of the Horde population. No way, they are going to split that group.
    Last edited by SodiumChloride; 2013-12-05 at 08:19 AM.

Oh come on now. When did Blizzard ever let "lore" get in the way ...

There could be only one High Elf left and Metzen would just concoct some BS about Thrall taking a rib from the High Elf and making him/her a mate then via lots of incest we have an entire High Elf population within a month.
    Hey now, let's respect other people's beliefs here.

Already highlighted in the OP. Blood Elves make up a very significant part of the Horde population. No way, they are going to split that group.
    So a very large portion of Hordies are going to leave their guilds, abandon their friends etc. to go play High elves on the Alliance? Really? Furthermore, factional balance doesn't even matter anymore. It's irrelevant with the current system of the game and all of the cross-server features.

Quote Originally Posted by cmats4020 View Post
    In Cata, the Highborne reunited with the Night elves, not the High elves.
    Umm IIRC the majority of the Highborne turned into naga's while the remainder who didnt fallow Azshara were exiled and became known as high elves.