Poll: Do you think Stance of the Gladiator will successfully allow prot to be viable dps?

Page 14 of 30 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Also allows you to forgo your defensive role, and instead focus only on offensive capabilities, by replacing Battle Stance with Gladiator Stance You cannot change into or out of this stance during combat.

why do people keep saying it replaces defensive stance

Quote Originally Posted by Munemasa View Post
    Also allows you to forgo your defensive role, and instead focus only on offensive capabilities, by replacing Battle Stance with Gladiator Stance You cannot change into or out of this stance during combat.

Because it originally did replace Defensive and it replacing Battle Stance instead only happened as of yesterdays patch notes, a change that I called way back shortly after Blizzcon *cough*toldyouso*cough*.

Quote Originally Posted by Munemasa View Post

Does it matter? If you are in Glad stance then Defensive stance does not exist since you cant stance dance in combat. It is the same result of it replacing defensive stance.

If you are actually tanking then Glad stance doesn't exist.

Quote Originally Posted by ChugChug View Post
    Um, no? The stance still has 500% threat modifier, so there goes your prot dps
    That's defensive stance.

Only thing I'm afraid of, is that it will replace Arms DPS in PvP, and Fury in PvE.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm pretty sure I'd die happy if this talent made it live. I don't care how viable it ended up--it could be the warrior's Dark Apotheosis, I'd still rock out in 5-mans and LFR on my warrior beating the hell out of everything in sight Captain America-style.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Quote Originally Posted by Still Rampant Rabbit View Post
    That's defensive stance.

Only thing I'm afraid of, is that it will replace Arms DPS in PvP, and Fury in PvE.
    Doubtful. What I see happening is it being viable in both but not competitive. Ie. not as good as fury pve or arms pvp but good enough to mess around with.

Quote Originally Posted by Callei View Post
    I'm pretty sure I'd die happy if this talent made it live. I don't care how viable it ended up--it could be the warrior's Dark Apotheosis, I'd still rock out in 5-mans and LFR on my warrior beating the hell out of everything in sight Captain America-style.
    I think your looking for the Prot Pally forums.

Quote Originally Posted by Gliff View Post
    Does it matter? If you are in Glad stance then Defensive stance does not exist since you cant stance dance in combat. It is the same result of it replacing defensive stance.

If you are actually tanking then Glad stance doesn't exist.
    Yeah, I think the only reason they changed it to replace Battle Stance is so people wouldn't have to constantly swap talents to get Defensive Stance back.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Archimtiros View Post
    I think your looking for the Prot Pally forums.
    Nah. Just that he happens to be a very good indicator of how one can use that big-ass slab of metal strapped to their arm to totally ruin someone's day, rather than ducking behind it and hoping for the best. And yes, I caught the joke, don't worry.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Quote Originally Posted by nyc81991 View Post
    Yeah, I think the only reason they changed it to replace Battle Stance is so people wouldn't have to constantly swap talents to get Defensive Stance back.
    It was the easy way to give the talent a tanking benefit (not removing D stance and enhancing it slightly) and giving a purpose for having more than one Stance as a Prot Warrior, even if it is a bit of an illusion as you can't dance in combat. Again it could have potential in mass PvP (BG's) as you drop in and out of combat semi often.

10+ Year Old Account
    It was the easy way to give the talent a tanking benefit (not removing D stance and enhancing it slightly) and giving a purpose for having more than one Stance as a Prot Warrior, even if it is a bit of an illusion as you can't dance in combat. Again it could have potential in mass PvP (BG's) as you drop in and out of combat semi often.
    They could do the same thing as the do now with specs and just lock you in while you are in the BG

Quote Originally Posted by Requiel View Post
    They could do the same thing as the do now with specs and just lock you in while you are in the BG
    They could but I feel like it would be counter productive. I actually think it would be great from a BG standpoint. Say I queue up and want to FC, but some other guy keeps grabbing the Flag? I could say screw it and pop into Glad Stance for awhile instead of feeling locked up. Or vise-versa if I just wanted to Shield Charge some fools and we end up with no FC I could capitalize on a bit more Defensive benefits by using Shield Barrier and flat mitigation.

I suppose they could lock you in, but that would seem pretty pointless to me, then again that is why I'm not a dev.

10+ Year Old Account

I suppose they could lock you in, but that would seem pretty pointless to me, then again that is why I'm not a dev.
    shots fired

15+ Year Old Account
    First they separated Guardian and Feral druids. Then they divided Fistweaving and Mistweaving, gimping Fistweawing in the process. You think gladiator dps will hold out for long? Besides, it's worth a talent slot, so it's supposed to be an upgrade compared to the existing abilities.

Quote Originally Posted by Haven View Post
    First they separated Guardian and Feral druids. Then they divided Fistweaving and Mistweaving, gimping Fistweawing in the process. You think gladiator dps will hold out for long? Besides, it's worth a talent slot, so it's supposed to be an upgrade compared to the existing abilities.
    Well it is. All the abilities give a defensive benefit. Not going to get into a discussion about how good those benefits are compared against one another just yet, but the idea is there.
    Feral/Guardian separation was a bit different because those were able to dynamically change during combat. This is not. That said I am very certain that if Glad Stance plays out well it could eventually become a fourth spec in its own right with its own passives and actual synergistic skill structure. That would just be way too ambitious at the moment and open too many doors for Paladins to complain about the same thing, Warlocks wanting tank spec, etc. If they were to introduce no shit fourth specs, I'd imagine they'd try to do it all in one pass vice one at a time.

still scared it'll go the way of dark apothis and get gimped down to uselessness (outside of like questing)
    Quote Originally Posted by -Ethos- View Post
    I literally die every time i see people using literally wrong.

It will end up being exactly like warlock's glyph of demon hunting and will be nerfed into oblivion because of it being OP and too much of a hassle for blizzard to balance.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bryntrollian View Post
    It will end up being exactly like warlock's glyph of demon hunting and will be nerfed into oblivion because of it being OP and too much of a hassle for blizzard to balance.
    Going from pure dps to tank is almost completely different than going from a tank to dps.

15+ Year Old Account
    For some reason, I foresee a great whine from PvP department. This far, it doesn't look like gladiator stance makes the warrior lose much of his prot survivability, so...

Quote Originally Posted by Haven View Post
    For some reason, I foresee a great whine from PvP department. This far, it doesn't look like gladiator stance makes the warrior lose much of his prot survivability, so...
    It doesn't lose cooldowns, no (of which there are now effectively 2 major ones: Shield Block, which Arms and Fury also have, and Last Stand, which is a personal, more effective Rallying Cry, which Prot also no longer has)... But it also loses Defensive Stance's benefit, since GStance replaces BStance. So they need to choose either damage or 30% damage reduction before they entire battle.