Quote Originally Posted by Psychotrip View Post
    Really?? When was this said? I can't wait!

- - - Updated - - -

The reason I'm pessimistic is because they explicitly said brown orcs would not be an option for us. This was stated im the comments of then"artcraft" for female orcs to clear up confusion when it seemed we would have that option. If they have no plans to let us be brown orcs, then I doubt they have plans for any subrace.
    Old news.

They've also said a million times it's something they're just getting around to.
    It's going to come along eventually. Now that they're actually working in this specific area of the content, it's the time to get around to it.
    Last edited by Yig; 2014-03-09 at 02:02 PM.
    If you like my draw-rings. http://yig.deviantart.com/
    If you can't find them for some reason beyond that page. http://yig.deviantart.com/gallery/
    WOW screenshot and concept art gallery http://smg.photobucket.com/user/evilknick/library/WoW

10+ Year Old Account
    In the volcanic ashlands of northwestern Georgia (Also known as Atlanta).
    Quote Originally Posted by Yig View Post
    Old news.

They've also said a million times it's something they're just getting around to.
    It's going to come along eventually. Now that they're actually working in this specific area of the content, it's the time to get around to it.
    I'm just going by the most recent stuff I've seem. You know more about this than me anyway Yig. I'm just cautious because they often say they have ideas or things they're going to do eventually. I'm not saying it wont happen, but if they don't even have plans to add brown orcs then I don't think they have any concrete plan to implement subraces, though again you know better than me in this regard
    Some people really like flavor. Occasionally subsisting on nutrient paste just doesn't feel the same as eating a steak. I get that flavor isn't for everyone, but I doubt removing all cosmetic indicators from the game would be appealing either. Nobody want to log in, queue to fight modestly sized blue checked box boss #7, initiate combat using an attack sequence of abilities 1-7 with a 13 beat repeat coda intermittently, and collect item level 630 slot 7 gear either.

I'm just going by the most recent stuff I've seem. You know more about this than me anyway Yig. I'm just cautious because they often say they have ideas or things they're going to do eventually. I'm not saying it wont happen, but if they don't even have plans to add brown orcs then I don't think they have any concrete plan to implement subraces, though again you know better than me in this regard
    I fully understand your fear and pessimism, I was just worried something came up that I didn't see stating explicitly they had decided they were putting it off for another expansion. I really would be surprised if they don't use this expansion as the excuse to start dipping their toes into this project after all the years they've said they're going to eventually. The Wildhammer tattoo thing happened I speculate with others because the tattoos were bound to specific faces as I recall, you couldn't change your face with the tattoo it had. But they DID change all grey skinned dwarves in Cata to have red eyes, because that was easier than giving every single dwarf face 3-4 tattoos as well as bodies you could combine in different ways. It felt cheap and tacked on to be forced with a face you didn't want or to be forced with tattoos you didn't want when you wanted part of them.

With brown orc skins, it's just an extra skin color. Maybe 2-3 extra skin colors. They don't have to worry about minutiae in the same context as they did with the Wildhammer tattoos. It's a blanket change that's easy to copy and paste in. I hope I've given you a little hope at least, but always remember, you can get a blood clot and die from sitting in the same position for 30 minutes even if you're in top physical condition, or an asteroid could wipe out all life on the planet. Murphy's Law is waiting, and we need to appreciate every moment to it's fullest. I recommend you keep that grain of salt, skepticism is healthy, try to prepare for the worst.

I feel like if this were a musical we'd break into song now.
    If you like my draw-rings. http://yig.deviantart.com/
    If you can't find them for some reason beyond that page. http://yig.deviantart.com/gallery/
    WOW screenshot and concept art gallery http://smg.photobucket.com/user/evilknick/library/WoW

This is good. Should basically /thread every thread pertaining to sameface.

Quote Originally Posted by Lodovica View Post
    Does the released pre-purchase trailer give Shoc some screenshots to play around with for some Gnome madness?
    maybe
    You just lost The Game

The reason I'm pessimistic is because they explicitly said brown orcs would not be an option for us. This was stated im the comments of the "artcraft" for female orcs to clear up confusion when it seemed we would have that option. If they have no plans to let us be brown orcs, then I doubt they have plans for any subrace.
    what? they in no way shape or form said they werent planning or didnt have plans to let us be brown orcs WHAT THEY SAID is that when they referenced brown orcs in the artcraft is that they werent confirming brown orcs.

theyve said repeatedly that they would like to give us that option and that in an interview like a couple days later blizzard said "yeah we know fans are interested in brown orcs and high elves and things like that so its definitely something we plan to look into"
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

10+ Year Old Account
    Yig what I meant was, customization in general of characters. They seem kinda slow to it. It's just an observation. Transmog was a big improvement to that and I love them for it.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Yig what I meant was, customization in general of characters. They seem kinda slow to it. It's just an observation. Transmog was a big improvement to that and I love them for it.
    they really need to just let my death knight transmog polearms
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thaladhrun View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Not really. Remember, in the WRPG, fel did give them a different set of racial powers. Over time, they would split apart from the High elves like the Eredar did from the Draenei, if their evolution continued in that direction; which it still may. We don't have much of an idea of how fel and light energies interact, and one of the traits of fel has always been that it is nigh irresistible in nature, both in how addictive it is and how hard it is to resist fel energies. Strictly speaking, they're not a different race, yet, but they are/were on the way there. Who knows, their evolutionary pathway may converge again, if the fel is eradicated from them from those who choose for it to be.

- - - Updated - - -

Hmmm interesting. Definitely shows Blizzard is giving it thought. The subrace direction is interesting, if it were tacked onto one of the Alliance races.
    I see where you coming from, but you guys are all looking to much into this. There was just clear prove and still people claim otherwise by making references of older games or lore that has been outdated.. sorry its just not intresting and it seems more like you are looking so desperately for grasps for high elves. Its not a different race highly a sub faction which maybe ... like realy small maybe will change into something more. But dreams are nice! I liked the fel skins from the sunwell, will they ever become playable? Yea very unlikely.

10+ Year Old Account
    They are as likely (or not) as the desire for players to see them happen. Blizzard is unlikely to have broached on subraces in the first place, had it not been at player instigation. They clearly like the idea of these subraces. As for separate races, Worgen aren't really a separate race to humans, either. Yet they occupy their own slot. You can say they're cursed, but it's still just humans with a curse. That said, I am indifferent as to whether they introduce HE through a subrace or a race proper. Doesn't make a difference as long as it happens.
    Start trying to work out who deserves what, and before long you’ll spend the rest of your days weeping for each and every person in the world.

They are as likely (or not) as the desire for players to see them happen. Blizzard is unlikely to have broached on subraces in the first place, had it not been at player instigation. They clearly like the idea of these subraces. As for separate races, Worgen aren't really a separate race to humans, either. Yet they occupy their own slot. You can say they're cursed, but it's still just humans with a curse. That said, I am indifferent as to whether they introduce HE through a subrace or a race proper. Doesn't make a difference as long as it happens.
    worgen arent cursed. their dna physically changed to that of a worgen. they are an entirely different species now. mentally they are still humans, and through magic they can make themselves look like humans but they arent humans any more than dragons are elves

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    worgen arent cursed. their dna physically changed to that of a worgen. they are an entirely different species now. mentally they are still humans, and through magic they can make themselves look like humans but they arent humans any more than dragons are elves
    When Draenei, Orcs, and Humans can reproduce with each other to create fertile offspring I do not think that DNA or genetics play a large part in WoW canon. Biologically speaking, they can all be considered the same species despite literally evolving on completely separate planets.
    Last edited by Larynx; 2014-03-09 at 09:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Larynx View Post
    When Draenei, Orcs, and Humans can reproduce with each other I do not think that DNA or genetics play a large part in WoW canon.
    I especially enjoy Med'an, he is like, a quarter Draenei, quarter Orc, Half Human right? That is literally jumping between 3 different races from 3 different planets as far as genetics are concerned. I wonder what a Gnome-Tauren looks like.
    You just lost The Game

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shoc View Post
    I especially enjoy Med'an, he is like, a quarter Draenei, quarter Orc, Half Human right? That is literally jumping between 3 different races from 3 different planets as far as genetics are concerned. I wonder what a Gnome-Tauren looks like.
    Yeah Med'an...let's not go there.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

I heard someone say he was also part demon.

The sad part is I do not in the slightest doubt the possibility.

Quote Originally Posted by Larynx View Post
    I heard someone say he was also part demon.

The sad part is I do not in the slightest doubt the possibility.
    Yeah, technically some of Sargeras' essence must have become a part of Med'an as well. So he is trans-universe baby with a bit of Evil Titan mixed in. So kool
    You just lost The Game

They absorb a mixture of arcane and holy energies. Not just the one or the other. There is no race of "angels" in WoW. Naaru don't have fluffy white wings. The only reason Blizzard uses it is keeping in tradition with fantasy lore.

- - - Updated - - -

Not really. Remember, in the WRPG, fel did give them a different set of racial powers. Over time, they would split apart from the High elves like the Eredar did from the Draenei, if their evolution continued in that direction; which it still may. We don't have much of an idea of how fel and light energies interact, and one of the traits of fel has always been that it is nigh irresistible in nature, both in how addictive it is and how hard it is to resist fel energies. Strictly speaking, they're not a different race, yet, but they are/were on the way there. Who knows, their evolutionary pathway may converge again, if the fel is eradicated from them from those who choose for it to be.

- - - Updated - - -

Hmmm interesting. Definitely shows Blizzard is giving it thought. The subrace direction is interesting, if it were tacked onto one of the Alliance races.
    more or less in this way, but for all race

BZ already made ​​clear which will be the way of the blood elves his role in this exp will be on the light and the Naaru, I guess some friendship Draenei.

most likely the army will light as representative race of the Alliance to draenei and elves to the horde.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well no, they stated they would develop paladin lore for the BE and its relation to the Naaru a little more, not the BE as a whole. I suspect you are right, but the angelic wings and holy eyes stuff is a turn I hope they will have the good sense to avoid. The niche of the HE and the BE has always been their affinity with the arcane (along with swordsmanship and bowmanship), and now, fel. We already have the humans, dwarves, and of course, the draenei, who have a close relationship to the Light. Do we really need -yet- another race of light "blessed" beings?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    You can make the same argument re: fel, changing the DNA of the species it taints, so that despite some phenotypical similarities they are no longer really the same race. As far as we are aware, their "DNA", however this may function in WoW, is cursed human.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes, I wish they had kept half-breeds out of it entirely. Let alone special cases like Garona's or Med'an's.
    Start trying to work out who deserves what, and before long you’ll spend the rest of your days weeping for each and every person in the world.

I'm not a fan of the idea of the blood elves having much of their culture and lore revolve around the 'Light', either. It'd feel like a cheap cop out designed to force them into the Army of Light that's supposedly being built up for a final confrontation with the Burning Legion. They've suffered quite a lot at the hands of demonic beings so they...don't really need a contrived reason to fight them.

Would I be opposed to an 'angelic' race being added in the future, though? Not at all - they could potentially be interesting, especially if they were shown to be pretty ruthless and zealous in their crusade against actual and perceived evil. That's the only sort of 'holy' archetype I generally enjoy, though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Caesius Baelthar View Post
    I'm not a fan of the idea of the blood elves having much of their culture and lore revolve around the 'Light', either. It'd feel like a cheap cop out designed to force them into the Army of Light that's supposedly being built up for a final confrontation with the Burning Legion. They've suffered quite a lot at the hands of demonic beings so they...don't really need a contrived reason to fight them.
    I'm more concerned they keep pushing Paladin stuff with the Blood Elves. That's our thing. We did it before it was cool!

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    Staring at the tweet, trying to figure out what does the "cont" mean.