10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by matrix123mko View Post
    Yes. That would look nice.

I would prefer the left one, but if warlocks would be able to get the right appearance I wouldn't complain either

What about less bulky Draenei? As a customisation option, of course. Give me that Velen priest.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

What about less bulky Draenei? As a customisation option, of course. Give me that Velen priest.
    If young Velen wasn't thin like his current looks I'd just argue he shrunk with age.

Nevertheless, I don't think different body shapes will ever be an option. Adjusting all the textures 3D bits and bops on gear for several different bodyshapes per race and gender (minus the ARs that share model with parent race) would be fuckton of work.

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    If young Velen wasn't thin like his current looks I'd just argue he shrunk with age.

Nevertheless, I don't think different body shapes will ever be an option. Adjusting all the textures 3D bits and bops on gear for several different bodyshapes per race and gender (minus the ARs that share model with parent race) would be fuckton of work.
    I know. I am only asking in case they will ever consider adding new race related to Draenei. Let's say, we find a pristine eredar city from 25000 years ago, hidden from Void under a bubble of arcane magic.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

So, @choom is responsible for allied races? Damn, i know the thread but i didn't know it was him.... respect.
    Last edited by username993720; 2022-02-25 at 10:00 PM.

5+ Year Old Account
    Damn, this is nice. I like those customized dwarves. They look like titans.

Quote Originally Posted by username993720 View Post
    So, @choom is responsible for allied races? Damn, i know the thread but i didn't know it was him.... respect.
    I think he used to go by the name Shoc.

Glad this got necro'd, great thread and I hope more of these get into the game in 10.0.

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post

True to a point, but also could be doable in some interesting ways; for example, we have seen how they have used the female draenei model as the base for both female and male Sylvar, and while they don't have a playable model, the model itself does have attachment points (I remember seeing someone loading spaulders on it) So, arguably, the male sylvar model can load all the draenei 3D assets.

So think of it this way; any body type customization could be based of already existing models such as is the case with the Sylvar, or the skinny human that uses the female undead; in terms of animation, we already see how much of a difference the idle animation makes, such is the case with Night Elves and Nightborne -who already do share 3D asset files)

A "skinny" Draenei male model like this concept art could be 100% be doable by taking the female model, slightly modifying it the way NE->NB was, including a new Idle animation based/translated from the male draenei model for consistency.

And in case this all possibly but unfeasible, this is how Male Vulpera were made, from the female goblin model. (Did I add this in the end because I remembered this mid write up? maybe!)

But, yeah; pretty much new race bodytypes could be achieved by the same process we got AR's. Ideally they could actually transplant all the animations from the base bodytype into the new one, but that would require a lot more work than just, changing the idle animation the way Nightborne did.

(Also, the Kit Fisto tendril vibes on that skinny draenei concept are *chef's kiss* immaculate)

Quote Originally Posted by FossilFree View Post
    I think he used to go by the name Shoc.
    Couldn't go 3 posts without someone blaming me for Mechagnomes.

no ragrets

Quote Originally Posted by choom View Post

no ragrets
    Dude, do you realize that your thread was the inspiration for allied races?
    You hold the power. influence Blizzard!

Quote Originally Posted by choom View Post

no ragrets
    lol

No worries, I love my techno-wizard Mechagnome mage .

7+ Year Old Account
    Well that was a time travel thing, sadly many options are not avaiable yet.

Subraces was something discussed among the community way before this thread, it was one of the biggest things people asked trough the years

Quote Originally Posted by KeeperOfTheGarden View Post
    PS : I know I'm posting on an old post, but this topic is still relevant today in my opinion, so I don't see why I couldn't post this.
    This thread can be recycled for Allied races and Character custom, indeed.

Your contribution reminded me of the BFA frenzy, when I put all my speculations and thoughts on Allied races in a .txt

The document was created during 8.1, so Vulpera and Mechagnomes were not added yet and I was really hopeful that we'd get two allied races per patch + a bunch more in the end of expac like after Legion.

New potential allied races (mostly wanted) :

-Alliance-
    Jinyu
    Mechagnomes
    Frostborn
    Earthen
    Wildhammer
    HE
    Furbolgs
    Vrykuls (or equiv.)

-Horde-
    Hozen
    Taunka
    Ice Trolls
    Sand Trolls
    Forest Trolls
    Yaungol
    Ogres

Listed by leaders who could bring them in :

-Horde-
    (Already present)
    Rokhan - Zandalari
    Liadrin - Nightborne
    Baine - HM
    Eitrigg - Mag'har

(Newcomers ?)
    Nathanos - New undead
    Gallywix - Ogres or Vulpera
    Saurfang - Taunka (after getting out of SW)
    Ji - Hozen

-Alliance-
    (Already present)
    Turalyon - Ligfhtforged
    Alleria - VE
    Moira - Dark Iron
    Jaina - Kul tirans

(Newcomers ?)
    Mekkatorque - Mécagnomes
    Greymane- Kul tirans
    Aysa - Jinyu
    Tyrande - Furbolgs
    Velen - Broken

Listed by base race model :
    (Already present)
    Orcs - Mag'har
    BE - VE
    NE- Nightborne
    Tauren - Haut roc
    Draenei - Sancteforge
    Dwarves - Sombrefer

(New models)
    Humans - Kul tirans
    Trolls - Zandalari

(Newcomers ?)
    Gnomes - Mechagnomes
    Goblins - Vulpera
    Worgen - Saberon Saurok Sethrak
    Ud - Light undead - Thin humans
    Pandaren - Furbolg ?

Listed by thematic of old expansions :

BC - Arakkoa, Broken, Ogres,
    Woltk - Vrykuls, Taunka, Rohart, Mechagnomes
    Cata - Ogres, Dark Iron, Wildhammer, Dragonmaw
    MoP - Jinyu, Hozen, Mogu, Grummles, Sauroks
    WoD - Saberons, Arakkoas, Botani

Patch theory (boy was I wrong)

3 patchs = 6 races + 8 in end expansion ?

Recap
    8.0 Mag'har - Dark Iron
    8.1 Zandalari - Kul tiran

8.2 Return to ancient continents ? Ogres on kul tiran model (Nathanos) - Furbolgs on pandaren model (Tyrande)

End in new continent Vulpera on goblin model (Gallywix) - Junker gnomes on gnome models (Mekkatorque)
    End with a return to Pandaria ? Jinyu on human model (Aysa) - Hozen on worgen model (Ji)
    End Light VS Shadow ? Broken/Krokuul on ud-draenei model(Velen) - Light undead on ud model(Saurfang*)

*Wait what ? Calia obviously

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    Subraces was something discussed among the community way before this thread, it was one of the biggest things people asked trough the years
    I know, but @choom sort of visualized it. People asked for full-on Northrend Mechagnomes, not half robotic gnomes. Yet, here we are.

I would LOVE to play as Jinyu, Botani or Frostorn.
    Also, I've been fascinated by the concept of full-flesh Undead à la Nathanos.
    That's what Calia and Derek are for.

This is amazing, and I really wish races in WoW were designed to alter body size/weight/muscle definition.
    Playing a bulky human mage does not really match my idea of the character ^^'

7+ Year Old Account
    Male Draenei with a body option that doesn't scream "I inject protein shakes directly into my veins" would be very welcome.

They could just use a somewhat modified Satyr or female draenei rig to do that.

Formerly known as Arafal

Being present for something and not doing it is basically the definition of uselessness.
    Patience, friend.

Dude, do you realize that your thread was the inspiration for allied races?
    You hold the power. influence Blizzard!
    Nah, this was just one out of hundreds of threads asking for something like this, it was one of the most popular requested additions to the game. Only like the first 4 were my ideas, all the rest were contributed by people in the thread!