Thread: LFR Idiocracy

Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Just another reason why I left WoW.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lolalola View Post
    I liked how GC said he preferred to have implemented Flex before LFR. I doubt we'd ever have seen LFR then. If the new Group Finder system is going to be strong in 6.0 the need for LFR is lowered to such a way that LFR becomes largely redundant (if Flex has not done this already).
    The problem with Flex is that it isn't LFR.

There is no such thing as an organized raid right now, when you want it. There isn't and there never will be.

The only way that more than 5-10% of the players in WoW can raid more than once a blue moon is via LFR.

Greg Street may think and say, accurately, that Flex "feels more like raiding," but he knows like everyone at Blizzard knows that scheduled raiding isn't for everybody; it's for almost nobody.

As far as pick-up groups go, maybe people think that there is such a thing as a pick-up group that will take the unwashed masses at random times, but there is in fact no such thing and once again there never will be.

Flex cures the problem that casual organized raiders were shut out of WoW due to the increased difficulty of normal mode. It also cures the "there is no ICC +30% mode." However, it can't do a thing to fix the "I can only raid/I only want to raid at 3AM, except if it has to be some other time" problem.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rokkie View Post
    be thankful you "got out" when you did, cant say id wanna stay in a group like that.
    I'd second this.
    I'd also NEVER tank in LFR, because I consider it way too frustrating and very detrimental to my enjoyment of the game.
    Heal & DPS are fine albeit boring, but tanking LFR is just .. ugh...

10+ Year Old Account
    I used to enjoy an LFR queue to practice some mage theorycraft.

I don't bother anymore because the trolling is absurd.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhelyo View Post
    So many elitists here in this thread that it makes my eyes bleed.Really if your dps is above 100k then GTFO of LFR.If your heal is above 100k GTFO aswell.Every day threads are open with elitist snowflakes that QQ at a mass of players for doing "too low dps" or whatnot.
    And people calling LFR looking for re..rds should be ashamed of themselves.That is a disease and its not nice to throw that word around like that.
    The way i see it is that those so called elitists are the bad apple of this game who name and shame without thinking.
    If you don't like the LFR comunity or you are too elitist in your blood to accept the people LFR may have don't join it.Ever.LFR wont miss you,really.
    Soooo you want your LFR group to be full of people doing 50k DPS?

Wtf lol, those numbers CANT be right,
    50k is a Cata number.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Soooo you want your LFR group to be full of people doing 50k DPS?

Wtf lol, those numbers CANT be right,
    50k is a Cata number.
    For me i don't care what dps pulls X or what dps pulls Y as long as the guy isn't just auto attacking while afk.
    And believe it or not every boss in SoO can be defeated while every dps is pulling 50k dps.Does it require some wiping?Perhaps.But that is why they implemented the stacks which u gain from wipes.
    That is no reason to treat other people like garbage just because some of the pricks here like to join their mains in a LFR just to bitch at other people doing subpar dps than them.
    Again.If you pull over 100k dps and u have issues in you brain with low dps people LFR is not for you.Go raid flex or normal.Same with healing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Heenk View Post
    'Idiocracy' is not a word~
    You aren't a word either but we aren't all blaming you.

Deleted
    So many elitists here in this thread that it makes my eyes bleed.Really if your dps is above 100k then GTFO of LFR.If your heal is above 100k GTFO aswell.Every day threads are open with elitist snowflakes that QQ at a mass of players for doing "too low dps" or whatnot.
    And people calling LFR looking for re..rds should be ashamed of themselves.That is a disease and its not nice to throw that word around like that.
    The way i see it is that those so called elitists are the bad apple of this game who name and shame without thinking.
    If you don't like the LFR comunity or you are too elitist in your blood to accept the people LFR may have don't join it.Ever.LFR wont miss you,really.
    Would telling you to learn to read also be considered 'elitist'? Because you clearly misunderstood the OP, the author wasn't angry about numbers being low, but about people not doing their respective jobs AT ALL, then unjustly blaming him, then kicking him out.

Unless you're just trolling, which is ofc quite likely, in which case gz, you got your attention, now shoo.

IMO the biggest issue in LFR is that people are quick to accuse/kick without actually noticing what the issue is. In the OP's example, a wipe is immediately "fail tanks" without noticing hey the tanks died, were they standing in stuff, were they not taunting, or were they not getting healed. There's no accountability or "Hey why did we wipe? What can we fix this attempt?" like in organized raids, the idea is that you can just brute force everything and if you can't, then somebody "sucks".

10+ Year Old Account
    LFR = Looking For Retards

Infracted: Please post constructively. This contributes nothing at all to the conversation, is baiting and associates players in a popular portion of the game as mentally deficient. [ML]
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2013-12-09 at 05:53 PM.

For me i don't care what dps pulls X or what dps pulls Y as long as the guy isn't just auto attacking while afk.
    And believe it or not every boss in SoO can be defeated while every dps is pulling 50k dps.Does it require some wiping?Perhaps.But that is why they implemented the stacks which u gain from wipes.
    That is no reason to treat other people like garbage just because some of the pricks here like to join their mains in a LFR just to bitch at other people doing subpar dps than them.
    Again.If you pull over 100k dps and u have issues in you brain with low dps people LFR is not for you.Go raid flex or normal.Same with healing.
    There is no reason to accept lazy play. Simple as that. There are blind players who clear normal mode.

Determination shouldn't exist at all, it was a terrible idea and queue times have only gotten worse. Stop accepting last play, and maybe players who are ready to try will come back. Either way shitter mode is failing horribly.

Now, why should I be expected to go do another mode just because I ask for people to try? You are telling people to just let everybody in LFR suck. Maybe if LFR didn't have incentives for real players to be there, they wouldn't. Maybe if there was content for alts to do they wouldn't be there. You want LFR exactly where it is then accept people telling you how badly you suk, because at 50k you aren't even playing the game.

Stop being bad

Deleted
    Strange, the LFR I do usually go pretty decent. Never really had a fail raid, ok a wipe here and there, but then most of the time it's a kill at the second try.

Quote Originally Posted by Nobleshield View Post
    IMO the biggest issue in LFR is that people are quick to accuse/kick without actually noticing what the issue is. In the OP's example, a wipe is immediately "fail tanks" without noticing hey the tanks died, were they standing in stuff, were they not taunting, or were they not getting healed. There's no accountability or "Hey why did we wipe? What can we fix this attempt?" like in organized raids, the idea is that you can just brute force everything and if you can't, then somebody "sucks".
    IMO people need to kick more, not accept bad play. If the boss enrages or is lasting a long time kick the bad dps

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Normie View Post
    The problem with Flex is that it isn't LFR.

There is no such thing as an organized raid right now, when you want it. There isn't and there never will be.

The only way that more than 5-10% of the players in WoW can raid more than once a blue moon is via LFR.

Greg Street may think and say, accurately, that Flex "feels more like raiding," but he knows like everyone at Blizzard knows that scheduled raiding isn't for everybody; it's for almost nobody.

As far as pick-up groups go, maybe people think that there is such a thing as a pick-up group that will take the unwashed masses at random times, but there is in fact no such thing and once again there never will be.

Flex cures the problem that casual organized raiders were shut out of WoW due to the increased difficulty of normal mode. It also cures the "there is no ICC +30% mode." However, it can't do a thing to fix the "I can only raid/I only want to raid at 3AM, except if it has to be some other time" problem.
    I agree, and the more popular Flex becomes, the more LFR will serve for its actual target group (the casuals & the bads) which most who participate in this topic are not (!!!). Its a lot easier to fix a slacker's DPS than a casual or bad one's. Which is why instead of the game teaching the player we get a stacking buff. The problem still remains that the game isn't able to distinct easily between a genuine bad player and a downright slacker (the ability to take gear into comparison is there due to ilvl). If you're not in the instance or you lie dead on the floor in the corpserun then its crystal clear that you're not going to pull your weight when the boss is going in combat in 2 sec straight. But there are a lot of nuances from people who pull and die to people who simply are unable to play their class or spec well, and LFR is designed for the latter group. So in short the plan is to get the better players play on their respective difficulty, and make sure to determine the slackers are being caught. After that, what remains is the casual and bad players and THEY don't mind being challenged or wiped on their level of playing (those are not the ones who QQ in raid chat !!).

The inmates are running the asylum.

The game is designed specifically for the worst, most clueless players. They are priority #1.

Quote Originally Posted by Giscoicus View Post
    IMO people need to kick more, not accept bad play. If the boss enrages or is lasting a long time kick the bad dps
    I don't disagree, but when there's a wipe it shouldn't immediately be "X sucks, kick them" you should look at logs or whatever to figure out WHY you wiped. If it's something like a tank not taunting fast enough it's generally better to make it clear and say to taunt at x stacks next time (and if they continue to not do it, then kick) or tell DPS to switch or whatever, not immediately start pointing fingers and calling people out.

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if your 22K DPS were in there to troll the group and find ways to disrupt it and eventually make it fail. People seem to be really delighted with themselves and post often enough to show how proud they are about it.

I mean seriously: someone explain to me how you tell bad players from players who are trolling? I mean they're really all terrible players. All of them. Even those that make a special trip here to enlighten us all with how lazy they are.

Give me a lesser-skilled player in basic TI gear that's actually trying over some of the other clowns in their 550+ gear any day.
    I have to agree. There are people out who just finding enjoyment at causing disruption, preventing others from doing something. Such as parking the mammoth at mailboxes.

Another thing I tend to notice in LFR is you'll get some people that deliberately don't try, usually so they can "prove" how bad LFR is. When you get a bunch of these jackasses together, you're in for a bad time because none of them want to try and want to AFK to "free lewtz".

This is what you get when you design content for the lowest common denominator.

Bingo.

When your design philosophy is "Every single player needs to be guaranteed to see and do every single thing in the game"

what do you expect?