Thread: No Man's Sky

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Myobi View Post
    *giggles*

Could've topped the ending with either him walking down to road to the sad The Incredible Hulk tune, or getting into a limo & cackling away

15+ Year Old Account
    Some noteworthy stuff that I didn't see posted:

Someone used a trainer for unlimited jet pack fuel and flew between planets using just the jet pack. They even landed on an asteroid. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FRKZ2h-OYxA

Sean is fine and HG is busy on the next patch https://twitter.com/earcom/status/78...rc=twsrc%5Etfw

The same guy who blasted NMS marketing strategy says "If any of you have questioned, I have always been awed, amazed, inspired and energized by what Hello Games has accomplished with No Man's Sky" https://twitter.com/yosp/status/786663989283610624
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Some noteworthy stuff that I didn't see posted:

Someone used a trainer for unlimited jet pack fuel and flew between planets using just the jet pack. They even landed on an asteroid. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FRKZ2h-OYxA

Sean is fine and HG is busy on the next patch https://twitter.com/earcom/status/78...rc=twsrc%5Etfw

The same guy who blasted NMS marketing strategy says "If any of you have questioned, I have always been awed, amazed, inspired and energized by what Hello Games has accomplished with No Man's Sky" https://twitter.com/yosp/status/786663989283610624
    Haha, the comments say it all

Quote Originally Posted by Myobi View Post
    HAHAHHA what the hell it's nailing it so hard.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Deleted
    "Every planet in every solar system is destructible." Are they? Has anyone tried going right through the core & to the other side? Or did he mean to say you can destroy things on the surface etc?

"You can also, like a lot of players do, erm...just not gather resources. Perhaps you're the type of person that just never wants to do that because it seems a bit laborious." So you'd be stuck on one planet? Also, do you not have to eat or anything in game? Also, fuel/ammo for guns to survive attacks required surely? Also, oxygen just replaces itself or...?

- - - Updated - - -

Welcome to NormansSky, a game with:

Features:

Every dot in the sky can actually be reached and landed on
    Uses Newtonian physics.. but equipped with a "hyper-brake"
    you can actually achieve stable orbits around bodies
    Awful sounds to go with the resolution
    SEAMLESS PLANETARY LANDINGS!!!
    ..And well, nothing really much else

Not a peep from Sean since August 18th, lol.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkAmbient View Post
    Not a peep from Sean since August 18th, lol.
    They haven't communicated much regardless, but they have been using the official twitter for the studio rather then the personal twitter of Sean. https://twitter.com/hellogames
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

"This is a labour of love for us, and it’s just the beginning."

Laughed harder than I ever have done at that.

So.... how did No Man's Sky turn out for you? LOL

10+ Year Old Account
    Turned out exactly how I thought it would, which is why I didn't preorder.

So I traded Uncharted 4 after beating it for NMS a while back. Played it for an hour and it crashed. Haven't played it since and figured I'd pick it up again after they fix whatever issues people were talking about and the crash problem. It's been months. Has anything been changed for the better?
    Intel i7 4790k @ 4.4GHz | Asetek 550LC 120MM Watercooler | MSI Z97 PC MATE | XFX Radeon R9 390X 8GB | ADATA 16GB DDR3-2133MHz XPG V3 |
    1TB WD Caviar Blue | 128GB Sandisk Z400S SSD | NZXT Phantom 410 | EVGA 750W SuperNova G1 80+ GOLD | External 2TB WD Elements

Ian is a bit silly at times and swings whichever way the wind blows, but that Owen Good article is hilarious in how anti-consumer it is as he desperately tries to defend Hello Games. Especially considering Kuchera (also from Polygon) literally wrote a giant whine today about how games media are there to protect the consumer from the big mean Bethesda, who aren't giving media pre-release review copies anymore.

Oh the irony and hypocrisy from Polygon, it will never change.

So Hello Games twitter tweeted "No Mans Sky was a Mistake" then set the account to private.

Genuinely not sure if hacked or social media accounts manager having a breakdown.

http://steamcharts.com/app/275850

Ouch. I mean deserved because the game is hot garbage but that drop.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    So Hello Games twitter tweeted "No Mans Sky was a Mistake" then set the account to private.

Genuinely not sure if hacked or social media accounts manager having a breakdown.

Probably the latter. NMS has 441 in-game players.

AoE2:HD has 5058. The horrible, broken, buggy 17 year old game that lost a large chunk of its playerbase since multiplayer is essentially unplayable has over 10x the amount of people playing it. I too would have a meltdown.
    p,s, I still love you AoE2 <3 xoxoxoxo

woops quoted the wrong person

Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    Probably the latter. NMS has 441 in-game players.

AoE2:HD has 5058. The horrible, broken, buggy 17 year old game that lost a large chunk of its playerbase since multiplayer is essentially unplayable has over 10x the amount of people playing it. I too would have a meltdown.
    p,s, I still love you AoE2 <3 xoxoxoxo
    Dude games like Rift and garbage singleplayer stuff have slightly more. Hello Games should be embarrassed.

Apparently its being reported murray himself said he posted it and the company removed it.

All I can say to this is WoW.

This was posted 15mins ago.

and this 4mins ago.

Just now.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2016-10-28 at 02:50 PM.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Deleted
    What happened on the 26th? Zero players.

Can't read Forbes article, due to their adblocking thingie.

Thought there'd be few players still in game, but not that few. Guess that's what happens when you screw up a game so much.

They're saying they got hacked, yet some in emails said SM confirmed it was from him. Was their email hacked too or was the post actually done by him?