Thread: No Man's Sky

Quote Originally Posted by Svinoi Banana View Post
    What happened on the 26th? Zero players.

Can't read Forbes article, due to their adblocking thingie.

Thought there'd be few players still in game, but not that few. Guess that's what happens when you screw up a game so much.

They're saying they got hacked, yet some in emails said SM confirmed it was from him. Was their email hacked too or was the post actually done by him?
    Who knows, with them going radio silent for over a month it can swing ether way.

No matter what this will hurt them more. If he did it then it will hurt and if he didn't no one will believe him.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

"Disgruntled employee" allegedly. Either that or Murray is having a nervous breakdown.

http://www.polygon.com/2016/10/28/13...-was-a-mistake

Quote Originally Posted by DarkAmbient View Post
    "Disgruntled employee" allegedly. Either that or Murray is having a nervous breakdown.
    Personally I think the game is shit and false advertisement.

But no one deserves all the backlash he got (Death threats and shit) and that started well before the games release. So I wouldn't be surprised if Murray is having a breakdown or it is a disgruntled employee.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post

But no one deserves all the backlash he got (Death threats and shit) and that started well before the games release. So I wouldn't be surprised if Murray is having a breakdown or it is a disgruntled employee.
    Not all of it, no. I thought the game was ok for a few hours and is still nice to chill out with, despite its problems.

10+ Year Old Account
    As much as I'm angry at the game for being a total letdown, the harassment the devs have been hit with is inhuman.

For **** sake people, these people have families, friends - most importantly, their lives must be hell right now. Give them a break, that's just ridiculous.
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

Agreed on the whole death threats thing. People issuing those over a video game are petulant and childish.

Normally I'd agree with that, but he is a criminal, he deserves every bit of it.

So now hes saying he got hacked. This reeks of a stressed man venting then going "oh fuck, you cant take back that shit on the internet" and rp'ing himself being hacked to backpeddle.

What a goddamn strange sight this is. Ironic thing i guess is if they were more transparent and didnt go radio silent for months people would recognise his posting style or not i suppose.

I find it quite amusing how No Man's Sky is nominated in pretty much every category of the Golden Joystick awards including..

Innovation of the Year
    Best Indie Game
    Studio of the Year for Hello Games

and of course, Game of the Year, both overall and for the PS4. I guess it's an honor just to be nominated

Quote Originally Posted by Karon View Post
    Normally I'd agree with that, but he is a criminal, he deserves every bit of it.
    Was he charged with something if not then hes not a criminal. Its a fucken video game and no dev no matter how big or small deserves the bullshit they have gotten.

Once again its a video game, If you bought it and got duped that is on you for being a bad consumer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Demoncrash View Post
    I find it quite amusing how No Man's Sky is nominated in pretty much every category of the Golden Joystick awards including..

Innovation of the Year
    Best Indie Game
    Studio of the Year for Hello Games

and of course, Game of the Year, both overall and for the PS4. I guess it's an honor just to be nominated
    I cringed so hard when I saw that. What's wrong with them? I swear, if they even win the slightest award, I can garantee they will be booed, not applauded.

No, he does not. They do not. What the hell is wrong with you?
    Google Diversity Memo

[...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

Was he charged with something if not then hes not a criminal. Its a fucken video game and no dev no matter how big or small deserves the bullshit they have gotten.

Once again its a video game, If you bought it and got duped that is on you for being a bad consumer.
    he's still being investigated.
    It's not about a fucking game, it's about my hard earned money you jobless social fuck up.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by BloodElf4Life View Post
    I cringed so hard when I saw that. What's wrong with them? I swear, if they even win the slightest award, I can garantee they will be booed, not applauded.

No, he does not. They do not. What the hell is wrong with you?
    You steal my money, you're open season for me.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    So now hes saying he got hacked. This reeks of a stressed man venting then going "oh fuck, you cant take back that shit on the internet" and rp'ing himself being hacked to backpeddle.

What a goddamn strange sight this is. Ironic thing i guess is if they were more transparent and didnt go radio silent for months people would recognise his posting style or not i suppose.

That's one of their biggest screw ups. Well, that & the porkies told about the game in the first place, but just going silent I could understand if they were working like mad to patch the game into what it should've been/could've been, then fine. But that seems less & less likely & the silence followed by this latest event has ruined what little good rep' they could've ever stood a chance of getting back.

- - - Updated - - -

As for the death threats, no, those were completely unwarranted.
    The harassment is perhaps a bit OTT, but the mud slinging I think is fully deserved.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, their way of doing it was most likely illegal, but that's on sony, not Hello Game. It's an indie studio FFS, do you really think they could expect that? After seeing the game myself, I can't help but think this is all related to their inexperience and large lack of guidance from Sony. Why would they give them such a huge platform without counselling? That's like... throwing someone in an arena against a pack of lion with a sword because you're good against a dummy.

Also, you're the one at fault. Why the hell do you still preorder games?
    Google Diversity Memo

he's still being investigated.
    It's not about a fucking game, it's about my hard earned money you jobless social fuck up.
    Don't be a bad consumer. Wait for reviews, this is 2016 you can find out everything you need to know days before a release or hours after. He is only be investigated by the ASA and all they can do is have him remove his current steam store page.

If you are going to comment on something know what you are talking about. Also love the childish insults what are you 12?

I don't think u know what the bolded word means.

Quote Originally Posted by BloodElf4Life View Post
    Yes, their way of doing it was most likely illegal, but that's on sony, not Hello Game. It's an indie studio FFS, do you really think they could expect that?

Also, you're the one at fault. Why the hell do you still preorder games?
    I didn't pre order, I bought on launch day when the reviews where still good.

Sony did it? Was it Kazuo Hirai who sold those lies or was it Sean Murray?

Please do provide these "Good" reviews because the game got the same type of reviews across the board and some where more detailed like AngryJoes.

Don't blame others for you being a bad consumer.

Don't be a bad consumer. Wait for reviews, this is 2016 you can find out everything you need to know days before a release or hours after. He is only be investigated by the ASA and all they can do is have him remove his current steam store page.

If you are going to comment on something know what you are talking about. Also love the childish insults what are you 12?

I don't think u know what the bolded word means.
    thanks for admitting that you didn't follow NMS before all that shit about them lying was revealed

thanks for admitting that you didn't follow NMS before all that shit about them lying was revealed
    You must be new here because I was posting about NMS in this thread well before its release and fallowing it.

Seems all you can do is deflect and not admit its your fault you bought a bad game. Hello Games didn't point a gun to your head and make you buy it. Be a adult and accept the consequences of your action.

You didn't inform yourself of the game and therefore bought a shit game. Notice have many (myself included) didn't buy it, that's because we knew before and after it was going to be a shit show.

No matter how much they lied and how shit the game is, They don't deserve death threats and shit.

Stop acting like a spoiled brat and own up to the fact you made a bad consumer choice.

10+ Year Old Account

Sony did it? Was it Kazuo Hirai who sold those lies or was it Sean Murray?
    First, Jt does a good job of explaining why that money is in you and not them.

Second, Sony made the decision to put Sean as the PR man. They knew what the game looked like and they knew when the game was oversold. They're throwing him to the wolves, but they're the ones responsible for it.
    Google Diversity Memo