Thread: No Man's Sky

Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post

Good news on the bugs front: They feel they've squashed the most critical stability bugs so they're moving on to gameplay issues.
    Issues i have right now:
    - textures blotched and not spawning until very near (sometimes, not all the time)
    - 3d objects not spawning until very near (same as before)
    - unable to remap controls

The first two are annoying but the game is still playable, the third is a pain in the ass for me. Hopefully they fix it. (btw 1080ti and 8600k @5GHz, i can play everything ultra at 1440p and 75fps stable - it's the game and not the rig)

Side note - i discovered that there are also mods for the game. Some suggestions or stuff i should have?
    Last edited by Coldkil; 2019-08-22 at 12:09 PM.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    Hell no it isn't.

Subnautica is a hand crafted world that is fun to explore combined with the fear of the darkness of the deep ocean.
    NMS is an amorphos blob of stuff.
    Your comparing a generic sand pit to a sand sculpture garden.
    To you, it isn't, to me it is.

Yes, SN had a more interesting world, I agree. That doesn't mean the games aren't similar at all, as your adamant "hell no" would suggest.

I loved SN and I loved the fact that Epic gave the game for free even more. That's why I'm enjoying NSM as much as I am; it's basically the same but bigger and more diverse.
    success comes in the form of technical solutions to problems, not appeals to our emotional side

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Pebbleton View Post
    I quit a couple months ago out of frustration. Is the situation better now? Or do you still need three different resources if you even want to think about lifting off of a planet?
    I've been playing a lot this week. Like most aspects of the game, launching is still a pain but now there are upgrades to fix that. For example, I just bought an S-class upgrade that will passively regenerate your ship's launch fuel. Unlocking this takes a bit of work and nanites, but it's real nice. You can also move all your tech upgrades around after theyre built, so you can stack the bonuses better. I didn't even know stacking was a thing until last night!

The Nexus helps you unlock things way easier now. Not only can you summon it in space and meet other players, it also has a bunch of tech vendors. They all show tech trees now, taking out the confusion of how to unlock things.

The game runs a lot better now too. I had to quit a few months ago because my giant base would straight-up crash the game when viewed at a distance. Now that the game actually runs, it's been a blast. The worst part about it was having to re-power things that used to "just work", but it does feel rewarding once it's all done.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    - unable to remap controls
    This one got fixed 6 hours ago!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nocturnus View Post
    To you, it isn't, to me it is.

Yes, SN had a more interesting world, I agree. That doesn't mean the games aren't similar at all, as your adamant "hell no" would suggest.

I loved SN and I loved the fact that Epic gave the game for free even more. That's why I'm enjoying NSM as much as I am; it's basically the same but bigger and more diverse.
    Yeah once I beat SN, I started NMS and it's mostly scratched the itch. SN is very much "on the rails." You can customize a lot of things, but there is an ending. The zones are also designed to be played a certain way and in a general order. NMS is a sandbox: the storyline is thin but there is endless prodecural land to explore. The places are less meaningful, but it's up to you to decide what to do.

Now that the game systems are cleaner and most of the busy-work can be removed, I'm hoping the devs work on creating endgame content. I'd like to see the Nexus offer unique content and rewards.

Fudge...

I remembered one problem with nms. Already had that when it was released. For some reason the game generates headaches for me. Maybe its the bright colors, maybe its the flashing screen for potentially minutes when you travel between planets, teleports. Everything is flashing.

Anyone else have that? Any way to reduce it or do I have to quit before I really even get to test new stuff?

Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    This one got fixed 6 hours ago!
    YEAH. now i can finally use my G13 mappings and the G700 buttons.

YEAH. now i can finally use my G13 mappings and the G700 buttons.
    Hm, should be able to map hotas buttons too then...
    success comes in the form of technical solutions to problems, not appeals to our emotional side

10+ Year Old Account
    So I fed some critters some food, long story short, I rode an animal that looked like a cat, but had pig hooves, wings, and a t-rex arms.

Insane.

One of the biggest issues with the game still is the UI is absolutely terrible. The inventory management and navigation is downright confusing and unintuitive. Why don't things stack higher? Why do I have to drag things over each other for them to stack in the first place?

Not to mention that the upgrade system is annoying and completely unintuitive and the ship controls are absolutely abysmal. That being said, the game is decent fun, but the creature designs / ai are just so bad it really is jarring for a game that is trying to be immersive. One of the reasons why this "unlimited combos" really sucks the soul out of something.
    Last edited by infinitemeridian; 2019-08-23 at 07:04 PM.

I just don't understand the multiplayer mode; it seems to me that you can't really play together, since a lot of options are limited when you join games. E.G. you can't build bases if you're "guest" in someone's start system and you can't teleport to them. So, what's the point exactly?

15+ Year Old Account
    I just don't understand the multiplayer mode; it seems to me that you can't really play together, since a lot of options are limited when you join games. E.G. you can't build bases if you're "guest" in someone's start system and you can't teleport to them. So, what's the point exactly?
    You can change in the settings what people are allowed to do at your base. A lot of people don't allow guests to do anything because they can pick up, change, whatever anything for the base. If you are joining with friends and on different mode then things are limited (survival vs normal) but otherwise everything should be shared except for main story missions.

When joining a game you should be put near each other. Otherwise there is always a base teleport. If you get separated though you would have to back out to main menu and join again to get the free teleport. I've never done it but that is how it is supposed to work (though Beyond might have messed some things up)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by infinitemeridian View Post
    One of the biggest issues with the game still is the UI is absolutely terrible. The inventory management and navigation is downright confusing and unintuitive. Why don't things stack higher? Why do I have to drag things over each other for them to stack in the first place?
    Part of the game is inventory management. Once you start unlocking a freighter and the cargo slots of the exosuit it really doesn't become an issue. As both allow for higher stacks. Things usually auto-stack if you already have a free stack when gaining an item. The upgrade system seems simple to me but I've been playing from the start so who knows.

The base item can have 3 upgrades. You get a synergy bonus for having the upgrade modules touching each other. They will be outlined if there is a synergy. You want to work your way to 3 S modules. Also the technology slot can have more so you can have a total of 6 S hyperdrive modules for example (you can extend jump range to 2000 light years with the right ship)

Immersive to what though? The Odd combos and "glitches" is part of the story of the game. Just wait until you get to some of the stranger planets.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Not a fan of this new energy shit, you can't even take back any resources you put into a generator it also takes a fuckload of mats for a short run time. Also the building block wood, concrete, metal stuff don't seem to require energy I wonder if they just added it to get more bases to use that junk.

Also why did they have to put the grenades on the middle mouse button click just died 2-3 times trying to pick up some portable equipment.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by qwerty123456 View Post
    Not a fan of this new energy shit, you can't even take back any resources you put into a generator it also takes a fuckload of mats for a short run time. Also the building block wood, concrete, metal stuff don't seem to require energy I wonder if they just added it to get more bases to use that junk.

Also why did they have to put the grenades on the middle mouse button click just died 2-3 times trying to pick up some portable equipment.
    This is why I stopped playing for now, power is a terrible mechanic.

Quote Originally Posted by Morae View Post
    Fudge...

I remembered one problem with nms. Already had that when it was released. For some reason the game generates headaches for me. Maybe its the bright colors, maybe its the flashing screen for potentially minutes when you travel between planets, teleports. Everything is flashing.

Anyone else have that? Any way to reduce it or do I have to quit before I really even get to test new stuff?
    I'm lucky not to have these problems, but just in case, have you tried removing the blur effect ?

I literally used the biomass generator once in the whole game. When I saw that it used all of my carbon I never touched it again. I quickly researched solar power and used those with batteries. Power in the game is absolutely fine, especially when you can get the electromagnetic generators.

Quote Originally Posted by Netherling View Post
    I literally used the biomass generator once in the whole game. When I saw that it used all of my carbon I never touched it again. I quickly researched solar power and used those with batteries. Power in the game is absolutely fine, especially when you can get the electromagnetic generators.
    Same. When i discovered that gold is plenty farmable on asteroids, every base is a simple small hut with portal, battery and solar panel. I can set it up in a short time and it's easily reachable from everywhere every time.

I just need another on the moon of this planet and i claimed everything here Only annoying thing left is the thrusting engines but as someone said i just need to unlock the thing that lets it solar charge (or if im annoyed i can just get an addon to make it like 5% instead of 25%)

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by qwerty123456 View Post
    Upgrade to solar and batteries. Or do the EM generator which is free power when placed on an EM field. The bio fuel generator is weak on purpose. The good news is you don't need the portal/teleport fueled to go back to the base. Just to leave via it. But you really want to get the survey upgrade for visor and build a base near the EM field. You will also find metal and gas deposits to mine while you are away from the game.

I just mined like 19k copper while sleeping. Its only 2.2 million so not as good as some of the new farms. It only takes 3 hours to fill my current silos. The game is really about getting the top level upgrades.

The only problem I hate is the top level elements can not be used to build the basics like metal plates. The power is really a minor issue. Solar and batteries will cover most bases except for the power hogs. But a couple of the EM generators and you will be set. My grid supplies 550kp with four of those generators.

- - - Updated - - -

I just need another on the moon of this planet and i claimed everything here Only annoying thing left is the thrusting engines but as someone said i just need to unlock the thing that lets it solar charge (or if im annoyed i can just get an addon to make it like 5% instead of 25%)
    You can also buy starship launch fuel from the trade terminals in some systems. Once you get extra credits those annoyances don't become an issue really. Even the charger isn't a big thing to miss though it will be handy.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Okay lads, I'm stuck now.

Where the heck should I find an armorer?

- I've highlighted the mission
    - I've been to about 10 vykeen systems
    - I've talked to every vykeen at the space stations

STILL not mission marker or armorer.

Any ideas?

10+ Year Old Account
    Okay lads, I'm stuck now.

Where the heck should I find an armorer?

- I've highlighted the mission
    - I've been to about 10 vykeen systems
    - I've talked to every vykeen at the space stations

STILL not mission marker or armorer.

Any ideas?
    There's a specific dude, in a specific system. You can try resetting the mission if it'll let you (I did that for one of mine, but it was from ages ago). If not, highlight the mission, and wait until you get the popup saying "target outside local system. Then you can check the galaxy map and it should indicate what system he's in. If you highlight and check right away, the mark won't be there. It can take a few seconds, and make sure you don't trigger anything that activates another quest in the meantime.

If that's not going to work, I'm at a loss, but maybe someone else has an idea. That's what worked for me, eventually, when I was running through those things the last couple days.