Thread: No Man's Sky

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    How dare you to have fun with this piece of shit?! How dare you to see value in this overpriced steaming pile of shit?! There are people who disagree with you therefore you must be a cultist or a paid shill!
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

i got the explorer edition from 8 bit. i figured it was worth it because even if i hadnt liked the game the spaceship was generic enough that its still a nice bit of metal
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    How dare you to have fun with this piece of shit?! How dare you to see value in this overpriced steaming pile of shit?! There are people who disagree with you therefore you must be a cultist or a paid shill!
    Sorry, I'll go back to planet Attack of the Blob and play with my blob animals.

only thing i am mad about.

mother fucker wont confirm or deny if desert snake is still ingame.
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    only thing i am mad about.

mother fucker wont confirm or deny if desert snake is still ingame.
    I found a couple little ones yesterday. They weren't quite snakes though...more like hopping snake heads. One of them was very cobra like though.

*edit* nvm...I just saw what sandworms you were talking about, mine were nothing like that lol
    Last edited by grandpab; 2016-08-16 at 07:31 PM.

I've played the game for around 26 hours now. Do I like it? Yes. Is it worth the same price as more feature-rich games? Nope.

Don't cry 'buyer's remorse' simply because someone has an opinion that isn't glowingly positive.

Pretty much my experience in No Man's Sky. -

Quote Originally Posted by Rathoric View Post
    Pretty much my experience in No Man's Sky.
    Yeah pretty much every species I've encountered is a horrifying gene splice of incompatible species.

Quote Originally Posted by Zephyr Storm View Post
    Sorry, but anyone that thinks this barebones, indie game should be worth $60 really doesn't have any business making comments on how video games need to be priced.
    The amount of arrogance in this sentence alone is stunning. One can feel that not enough value is delivered for the price of a game, that's fine. But comments like this are patently ludicrous, and are rightfully responded to with, "Then make your own fucking game and show them how to price it at, punk."

I've seen games with way more to do in them and that have way more depth to them get hammered for even thinking about charging $60 for the price of admission.
    Cool, good for you. So have I! I've also seen games with way less charge the same amount, I've also seen games that barely having anything charge less.

Are we going to get into a discussion about the fact that games are available at a variety of prices and offer a variety of different experience? Because that's the case, and it's going to continue to be the case.

But suddenly it's ok for a lackluster game like NMS to charge whatever it wants, because "I spend my money how I want!" or "Devs can charge what they want!"
    Yes, actually. Those two reasons are why it's always been fine and will continue to be fine. Don't like it? Make your own game.

I honestly feel like Indie games get to much of a free pass in almost all regards. Especially NMS.
    No Man's Sky is an indie game, yes, but it's got the backing of Sony in a major way as well. Though I don't think anyone is giving it a pass, plenty of the impressions/reviews detail that the game doesn't have the most depth ever and that if you're not interested in the core mechanic of exploration that you're not going to get much out of it. I don't see anyone giving it a "free pass".

If a dev is gonna charge AAA prices for their game, then it better be AAA quality, which this game isn't.
    Neither are a lot of "AAA" games. AAA generally refers to the budget behind a game, and there's no rule about games with smaller budgets not being able to charge $60 for their games as well.

By all accounts the market disagrees with you as well, as the game is I believe the game is the biggest launch on Steam this year so far, and it's off to very strong sales on PS4 as well. So the market clearly doesn't mind paying the full $60 AAA price for the game.

But all the cool kids and hipsters are giving it a free pass because.....well, fuck if I know why.
    You've repeated this again, but I still have yet to see anyone give it a free pass. The game is getting around a 70% average review score, which is far from the said "free pass", and there's no shortage of criticism alongside the praise. So the only "free pass" seems to exist in your mind right now.

I've seen way better games get their score put in the toilet for things that aren't nearly as bad as the shallow, lackluster, and repetitive content that NMS has.
    Such as?...

All I know is that I better not see a single person that has been in this thread defending the price of this game in any future threads bitching about how much a video game costs, especially indie games.
    I hope not either!

Because if you're ok with it now, you're only going to encourage lazy devs to charge more for less as time goes on. We've already seen this happen with bigger dev studios and now we're starting to see it in the indie ones too.
    And if consumers stop purchasing them at the price (i.e. the market reacting), devs will stop charging it!

I mean, I can buy any game I want right now, regardless of price because I have a decent job. But that doesn't mean I'm not gonna stand up to video game companies who charge too fucking much for their shitty or lackluster games.
    Good for you! Hold off until it's on sale (it will absolutely be on sale at some point) then, it's what I do with most games nowadays anyways. I just don't climb up on a hill to talk about how awesome I am because of it while telling everyone else who does that they're bad : P

Every gamer should be doing this instead of saying dumb shit like "they can charge what they want" while bending over and taking it up the ass from these studios/publishers.
    Or, they feel that they're getting enough value for the $60. But if you want to start a movement, by all means feel free to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    The amount of arrogance in this sentence alone is stunning. One can feel that not enough value is delivered for the price of a game, that's fine. But comments like this are patently ludicrous, and are rightfully responded to with, "Then make your own fucking game and show them how to price it at, punk."

Cool, good for you. So have I! I've also seen games with way less charge the same amount, I've also seen games that barely having anything charge less.

Are we going to get into a discussion about the fact that games are available at a variety of prices and offer a variety of different experience? Because that's the case, and it's going to continue to be the case.

Yes, actually. Those two reasons are why it's always been fine and will continue to be fine. Don't like it? Make your own game.

No Man's Sky is an indie game, yes, but it's got the backing of Sony in a major way as well. Though I don't think anyone is giving it a pass, plenty of the impressions/reviews detail that the game doesn't have the most depth ever and that if you're not interested in the core mechanic of exploration that you're not going to get much out of it. I don't see anyone giving it a "free pass".

Neither are a lot of "AAA" games. AAA generally refers to the budget behind a game, and there's no rule about games with smaller budgets not being able to charge $60 for their games as well.

By all accounts the market disagrees with you as well, as the game is I believe the game is the biggest launch on Steam this year so far, and it's off to very strong sales on PS4 as well. So the market clearly doesn't mind paying the full $60 AAA price for the game.

You've repeated this again, but I still have yet to see anyone give it a free pass. The game is getting around a 70% average review score, which is far from the said "free pass", and there's no shortage of criticism alongside the praise. So the only "free pass" seems to exist in your mind right now.

Such as?...

I hope not either!

And if consumers stop purchasing them at the price (i.e. the market reacting), devs will stop charging it!

Good for you! Hold off until it's on sale (it will absolutely be on sale at some point) then, it's what I do with most games nowadays anyways. I just don't climb up on a hill to talk about how awesome I am because of it while telling everyone else who does that they're bad : P

Or, they feel that they're getting enough value for the $60. But if you want to start a movement, by all means feel free to do so.
    The amount of justification you put into defending a dev/publisher ripping you off is astounding to say the least.

Quote Originally Posted by Tekkommo View Post
    My biggest gripe with the game is the fact they lied about multiplayer, there is plenty of clips on youtube of him saying yes, you can meet and play with others. That was nothing but a lie. Games like this need multiplayer for long lasting appeal as well.
    They always said multiplayer is not the focus for when it is released, the chances of actually meeting someone are so slim, maybe the current version of being able to see other players has not been tested properly or has a few bugs to be fixed, but its not designed as a multiplayer game.

Currently even if multiplayer was working, there is no reason apart from trying to meet up to even do multiplayer currently.

people need to shut up about the price and realize the game has just been released, the game will get more features added on and should develop even further.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

The amount of justification you put into defending a dev/publisher ripping you off is astounding to say the least.
    Ripping off? I don't feel ripped off in the slightest, but ok.

Nvidia drivers focused on this game are now out. Get updating!

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Such as?...
    I had a pretty good list of "great games with bad reviews" somewhere. Destiny comes to mind, but NMS is basically a feature pack of everything I wish Destiny had included.

Damn it now I'm dreaming of a game that includes the better parts of both.

Aight, im done trying to reason with zephyr storm, hes hating on the game for no apparent reason and it is no longer a discussion. His stance is very clear, he despises the game for what it is, and so far his only argument is that its repetitive (which every single freaking game is) and that he does not approve of the price tag. I will in no way claim the game is a flawless gem, as it is not, but it is as good as many other games for the same price, and it is just as repetitive as theese ones, it just caters to something that is not murdering, waging war or other such things.

Anyways to get back to the game, 41hours in and only just now startet on the path of atlas. In the mean time i managed to get the 48 slot exosuit and 24 slot multitool, just my ship that is somewhat lacking now at 32 slots. had hoped that getting 20million credits would help with that situation, but that was folly seeing how the ships i can see are 40 million or above should've stayed on the venom sack planet in one of the previous systems and grinded more of em! Also, just landed on a planet that got tons of plant life and animals too, big, small, land and flying.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ripping off? Honestly, I don't think I've seen anyone spout so much nonsense as you have, I think this game looks boring as fuck and I won't buy it until its $10, I justify that price tag. Such arrogance to think other people aren't able to derive their own acceptable price for a game.

You're fast becoming a parody mate, just press unsubscribe and do us all a favour.

Quote Originally Posted by Sanct View Post
    I had a pretty good list of "great games with bad reviews" somewhere. Destiny comes to mind, but NMS is basically a feature pack of everything I wish Destiny had included.

Damn it now I'm dreaming of a game that includes the better parts of both.
    Before NMS even came out it was a game that made me excited for the future of games. I mean, NMS could use some more stuff, but imagine if someone took the technology that NMS uses to create their galaxys, had a combat and rpg system like Destiny (or something similar), plus multiplayer, more thought out enemys, plus an actual story with deeper lore. I think you could have a damn cool game come from it. I'm not sure if it'll ever happen though. You'd have to scale down the size a lot. It's not like you need 18 quintillion planets or whatever, but something with even a few hundred planets with a more developed game system would be amazing. You'd also run into players a lot more because of its smaller size.

Yeah Edge's been quite fierce on some topics lately where objectivity would be wise, since there's literally nothing you can say to defend the piece of shit you're defending xD

('You' being someone in general.

This could save pages and pages of back and forth

10+ Year Old Account
    https://www.reddit.com/r/NoMansSkyTh...es_a_big_list/

Well then, can't really defend or excuse that. Some of it is missed stuff / has future back tracking on the part of Sean Murray and HG / early interesting bugs (like the landing on asteroids thing sounded unintended), but much of it isn't.
    Shhhhh, she's doing magical trig bullshit trig substitutions