Page 5 of 32 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stir View Post
    Well; both cases of abuse were the result of psychological problems with the mother. It's funny how child-birth can go tragically wrong; both mothers were lovely to their other children, but both had a single child that they very nearly killed by themselves, and tried to coerce towards suicide.

In both cases, it was also the first child.

It's an interesting phenomenon, really, and one I believe deserves more research.
    Never heard of it, which is surprising.. Yeah, more resarch on that, less on cinnamon (Insider joke, EU wanted to make cinnamon cakes with less cinnamon).
    I like juice

Quote Originally Posted by Manakin View Post
    I really wonder why society attributes such views to it, i'd rather die dignified than a mewling husk of my former self begging for pain meds.
    Because those left behind feel hurt by it. They value their own pain as more important than the pain of the one who took their own life, and since the person who commited suicide is no longer around, we don't need to respect their wishes anymore... Which is why OUR wishes and OUR desires are more important.

Basically: Society doesn't accept it because of selfishness. Which is teribly ironic, and funny if it weren't, in its core, utterly abusive.
    Quote Originally Posted by Damsbo View Post
    Insider joke, EU wanted to make cinnamon cakes with less cinnamon.
    No need to marginalize that... Cinnamon is foul stuff, and it smells horribly. Therefore, I think anyone who likes cinnamon is utterly selfish. And a coward.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Manakin View Post
    For me when i attempted suicide it was with overdoses, and i told no one; I can't remember who found me, but i know i had thrown up and was in hospital with a tube down the throat.

Some people say they'll kill themselves to others, and those people just seek attention largely (I say largely, because some do end up doing the deed) but it's rare you'll find people who say what they'll do.

I've went from suicide attempts, self harming, to harming animals my cat brought in.

I was fucked up pretty badly being housebound and have various issues, i'm glad you made it out as i'm still in the midst of the beginning of receiving help.
    Yeah, It's never a good place emotionally to be in, while I was going through it all I got so annoyed at doctors who would seem so patronizing and really only had negative thoughts for the longest time. I feel I only got what I needed since I have Aspergers diagnosed since I was a toddler.
    It was probably the longest half year of my life, time flies for me now, but back then it seemed to never end. The only thing that stopped my from self harming and suicide was the fear of pain, and social repercussion from friends.
    I hope you do get better (not quite sure on how to be empathetic despite being through it), my only advice for anyone is to find something to love, that being why I've become a no life 'anime fanboi'.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dellis0991 View Post
    I've seen some real life monsters and foul mofos find love so I know there hope for everyone but to say that fighting to live is utter nonsense is stupid and if that is the case then the world should just collectively off themselves at this very moment right?
    Well we know that you're totally incapable of acknowledging different perspectives, but for the sake of devil's advocate here, since when is love the prize at the end of the race? Since when is romance the one thing worth living for? Why would a silly relationship suddenly change everything?

The opinions of internet nolifers aside, love is not the gold at the end of the rainbow. What if the person's "reason" in the first place was that they find absolutely no joy in love, in company or in the trust of others. It's far more common than you'd think. So what if there's "someone out there" for them. It'd mean nothing. We're not all pre-programmed dolls scouring the earth for our biochemically appropriate match. 99% of the time, we just end up with someone we can tolerate longer than anyone else. Some prize.
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    realy? hu, that´s funny, because i was suicidal too at one point and i find it pretty hilarious that people think that way

though i didn´t do it for attention, that´s probably a different thing, good you´ve made it
    STOP BEING SAD DAMN IT, YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO KILL YOURSELF OR I WILL KILL YOU MYSELF !!!

Something like that eh ?

If you really are sick off life you should be able to end your life. Not very nice to relatives though but they must understand that not everyone wants to live in this world.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you have a medical condition that would prevent a painless, self determined, etc life then I would probably understand it. Other then that I think people often just fail to see that hope is never lost and life always offers chances...you just need to find and get them (never depend on luck - life is what you make out of it).

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    jee..the article was only made 5 min ago and already 80 replies...
    to bad there are no such many replaies for finding a job...

Deleted
    Everyone has the right to end their lives whenever they want. After all, it's their life and their life alone.
    It's neither cowardly nor selfish.

I was classified as being partly suicidal quite a while ago - not acutely but still - and if I'd decide to do it, in the end it would be none's business but mine.
    Yes, it can hurt others. A lot. But in my opinion, preventing others from getting hurt isn't a sufficient reason to live a life you don't want to live.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    lol just wrote it and its already 90

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Puffler View Post
    STOP BEING SAD DAMN IT, YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO KILL YOURSELF OR I WILL KILL YOU MYSELF !!!

Something like that eh ?
    a bit too much but yep ^^
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

As a person that has been down that road I won't say it is cowardly, but it is one of the most selfish things a person can do. You aren't actually fixing your problems you're just dumping them into another person's lap. The only time I see it as acceptable is with terminal illness. It can save a lot of suffering and medical expenses.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bison91 View Post
    lol just wrote it and its already 90
    It's always a fun topic. Tons of closeminded people jumping in to tell other people how closeminded they are. Always makes for a good couple of hours until someone steps out of line and gets the thread locked. ^^
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.

10+ Year Old Account
    There's something in the water... Florida
    Though I have suicidal thoughts I am not going to off myself. I think Ive been depressed for a long time after a traumatic event broke something inside me several years ago but Ive been pretending to be "normal". But i cant keep up this facade forever, so when I reveal it to my family I'll probably run away from home and be homeless until I find what I need. I almost ran away last year by joining the military but halfway through the paper work and right before the medical examination I backed out out of fear of being denied for my mental condition after scoring a 93 on the ASVAB >.< I really hate not being able to do what I want without backing out halfway through everything.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    MMO-C, where a shill for Putin cares about democracy in the US.

I love people saying brave and heroic things like "it's the easy way out" and "coward thing to do" or "selfish way". It's like they carve for attention even more than suicidals that [according to them] use suicide as a tool for attention.

Funny how things work.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Naxere View Post
    I feel like it's the coward's way out.
    C&H disagrees with being a coward.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where everything is bitter. Especially me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Callous1970 View Post
    Suicide is never the answer. If you are so unhappy with life, change it!
    Not every situation is able to be overcome with determination and a can-do attitude. Some people are in a debt treadmill, going through a divorce, lost a child, lost a parent, ect. all within a short timeframe. Stress and grief can pile up, multiply and do horrible things to a person's mind.

Sometimes suicide can feel like the option, and if it's so wrong... Why does it seem so right?

As for the "coward's way out" theory, bullshit. A coward wouldn't go through with it.

Honestly at this point in my life, I'm just here because I haven't died yet. I could never do it myself, and I wouldn't put myself in situations where there's greater than 30% chance of death. I don't consider myself brave by any means, but I can understand the desire and want to end one's own life.
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    *bro fist*
    Main - My Youtube Channel - Useful PvP Items - Hunter Pet Spreadsheet - Music and Stuff

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    Well we know that you're totally incapable of acknowledging different perspectives, but for the sake of devil's advocate here, since when is love the prize at the end of the race? Since when is romance the one thing worth living for? Why would a silly relationship suddenly change everything?

The opinions of internet nolifers aside, love is not the gold at the end of the rainbow. What if the person's "reason" in the first place was that they find absolutely no joy in love, in company or in the trust of others. It's far more common than you'd think. So what if there's "someone out there" for them. It'd mean nothing. We're not all pre-programmed dolls scouring the earth for our biochemically appropriate match. 99% of the time, we just end up with someone we can tolerate longer than anyone else. Some prize.
    Ok I'll go a tad bit further and love ain't got shit to do with it, I still feel that that everyone is worth something in this life and to cut that life short is to destroy potential

I was suffering from depression with suicidal thoughts, when I was growing it.

It stemmed from two incorrect mindsets that I had at the time: 1) I am the cause of a number of problems and 2) My life as it is currently is worthless. I won't go into specifics but there was a warped sense of logic driving me to those two statements.

I considered suicide by using that warped logic to come to two conclusions, one on each point. On the first it was "If I am the cause of a number of problems then to remove those problems I have to remove myself." On the second "If I am not being a productive member of society now then I must remove myself from society so that I will no longer a be a burden on it."

Through Faith, Family and Friends I was able to get over that period of my life. Now 12 years later I still have depressive moments but none as bad as those when I was growing up.

I do not agree that suicide is the cowards way out. I've know of a couple of others who have committed suicide, separated by several degrees (friends of friends) and usually it falls into the category of using a warped sense of logic to remove yourself from the equation of life by thinking that you are the cause of a number of problems that will be resolve if you die. That does not sound like a coward to me. It sounds more like a person who has deceived themselves with pride and is acting on that deception.

Going to try not to read the thread since no doubt most of the replies will just piss me off but I'll say this: as someone who once contemplated suicide, it would be very difficult for someone who hasn't been in that scenario to understand why someone would do it or what it feels like to be pushed that far.