Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    the two "oh take me I am undergeared but I know the fights"----------------- their quotes, died almost every pull in both wings we did.
    that narrowing it down for you a bit?
    so two people lied to you about knowing tactics and were undergeared, yet you still took them and boosted them, sounds like they win to me. they done well.

doesn't mean everyone who is undergeared will die every pull though, some players are good.

Quote Originally Posted by Tychus View Post
    The point of that: an illustrative demonstration of "but people play how they want" not being, itself, an unassailable Jedi hand-wave that makes someone a fine and upstanding, moral and ethical Warcraft citizen.
    "Some people decide to kill other people, therefore all decisions are suspect."

There is some truth to what you're saying, but you're muddying the waters heavily.

There's a direct & clear purpose for wanting toons who have demonstrably done the content previously and who have the capacity to do it easily.

Personally I absolutely choose oQueue style groups with higher iLvl averages. Life's too short to be annoyed with strangers failing. 540+ or the highest my own toon can muster (e.g. my monk's at 536 so I don't typically waitlist anything below 530 unless it looks particularly good). I do base a significant part of my judgement off the armory of the raid leader tho tbh.

When I'm running my weekly flex with friends, I'm equally happy to bring along toons in sub 500 ilvl to flex Garrosh - provided i've got enough high dps/hps in raid to balance it out. Just wiping all evening isn't fun, so once or twice I've asked a handful of the lowest performers to step out for a boss & then reinvited them afterwards. However most of the raid has normally been at 500-530 ilvl because I don't mind carrying friends, or friends of friends, and I can rely on them to be more competent & more pleasant on average.

But carrying strangers is just obnoxious. Rarely have I met someone in a PUG & decided they were such a sparkling and charming personality that I wanted them around despite the fact their gear blew and their play was iffy.

Cos the odds are, if your gear is low your experience is too... there are people gearing alts, but good players tend to be capable of getting good gear quite rapidly.
    Last edited by lakhesis; 2013-12-20 at 03:34 PM.