View Poll Results: Are you happy that Ghostcrawler is leaving?

Voters
189. This poll is closed
  • Yes, I am happy he is leaving.

39 20.63%
  • No, I am sad he is leaving.

106 56.08%
  • I am indifferent towards his leaving.

44 23.28%
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Leeches View Post
    Indifferent really. On one hand its sad blizz loses a great long time employee, on the other hand he gets to pursue what he wants so im happy.

But really, i couldn't give a shit if he worked there or not. Literally the only difference him being there or not in terms of actually effecting me, will be whether or not i like the new developers voice at blizzcon or not. Other than that, GC was just part of a much larger team. Like 1 general in an entire army, or one uncle in an entire family chain.
    One general can have a very large effect on the outcome of a war.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sandmoth12 View Post
    9 is just a number. I don't fundamentally believe that just because a game gets old that it dies. I believe good game design can keep a game a game going nearly indefinitely. League of legends is proof of that. It has far outdated graphics, yet remains extremely popular mainly because of good game design.
    What on earth is this rubbish? Noone gives a shit about your opinion on age leading to less activity. It's a fact not some kind of belief. League has been out for 4 years. Lets wait another 5 and we'll see if it ever had drops in activity hmm?
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nicus/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    Also a vegetable is a person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

Deleted
    I think no matter who is incharge blizzard is going the same way as EA.. greedy money grabbing bastards giving rehashed crap as fast as they can throw it out, cutting corners with content and this blizz store will end up a place to buy the best gear u wait and see.

Quote Originally Posted by mainman View Post
    I think no matter who is incharge blizzard is going the same way as EA.. greedy money grabbing bastards giving rehashed crap as fast as they can throw it out, cutting corners with content and this blizz store will end up a place to buy the best gear u wait and see.
    Someone doesn't know how greedy EA actually is if you think Blizzard compares.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Whales96 View Post
    I don't have assumptions, I know what he was doing. It's on the internet, a google search away. We're not talking about an opinion here. Stop trying to demonize an individual just because want a single entity to blame. Things are hardly black and white.
    ^this. thank you.

The only thing changes is what we as players get to know. Ghostcrawler was very vocal to the player base and that gave us a lot of information that we wouldn't have gotten otherwise.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

15+ Year Old Account
    you can do better? apply for the job.

One general can have a very large effect on the outcome of a war.
    A bad example i guess, but you probably see my point.

Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    What on earth is this rubbish? Noone gives a shit about your opinion on age leading to less activity. It's a fact not some kind of belief. League has been out for 4 years. Lets wait another 5 and we'll see if it ever had drops in activity hmm?
    Sounds like you are using age as an excuse card for blizzards bad game design decisions. I suppose that is the mind set of a fanboy.

I think it's a dark day that he left. I personally agreed with his viewpoints about 98% of the time. I hope that the direction doesn't change very much from what it has been.
    Desktop ------------------------------- Laptop- Asus ROG Zephyrus G14
    AMD Ryzen 5 5600X CPU ---------------AMD Ryzen 9 6900HS with Radeon 680M graphics
    AMD RX 6600XT GPU -------------------AMD Radeon RX 6800S discrete graphics
    16 GB DDR4-3200 RAM ----------------16 GB DDR5-4800 RAM
    1 TB WD Black SN770 NVMe SSD ------1 TB WD Black SN850 NVMe SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm vaguely hopeful that he's leaving. I think his arrival coincided with World of Warcraft's descent from the heights of vanilla and BC (yes, I'm one of those players) to the sad, un-fun mess it is now. I honestly have no idea how responsible he is for WoW's decay; I have seen him ignore and dismiss feedback that was later proved correct and give strong support to changes I thought were damaging to the game. It's possible that his departure will signal a change in Systems Design (or maybe even the game as a whole) away from the territory-marking and slow destruction of established elements of the game that marked his tenure at Blizzard, but I don't know how likely that really is.
    "In today’s America, conservatives who actually want to conserve are as rare as liberals who actually want to liberate. The once-significant language of an earlier era has had the meaning sucked right out of it, the better to serve as camouflage for a kleptocratic feeding frenzy in which both establishment parties participate with equal abandon" (Taking a break from the criminal, incompetent liars at the NSA, to bring you the above political observation, from The Archdruid Report.)

Sounds like you are using age as an excuse card for blizzards bad game design decisions. I suppose that is the mind set of a fanboy.
    What's the difference between a fanboy response and a hater response?

Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    And what gives you the idea that the vision is going to change now?

As you said yourself, it's a team-effort.
    Even though he is responsible, the vision is a product that comes from the entire team.
    GC was a boss, and he set the tome for what things should be looked at in both pvp and pvp. With a different boss he will set a different tone, and have the team look at things from new angles.

GC was a boss, and he set the tome for what things should be looked at in both pvp and pvp. With a different boss he will set a different tone, and have the team look at things from new angles.
    He wasn't a boss, he was lead system's designer. He even made a tweet about how most people don't know what his job really was. Are you really just going to jump into that category headfirst?

Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    I'm vaguely hopeful that he's leaving. I think his arrival coincided with World of Warcraft's descent from the heights of vanilla and BC (yes, I'm one of those players) to the sad, un-fun mess it is now. I honestly have no idea how responsible he is for WoW's decay; I have seen him ignore and dismiss feedback that was later proved correct and give strong support to changes I thought were damaging to the game. It's possible that his departure will signal a change in Systems Design (or maybe even the game as a whole) away from the territory-marking and slow destruction of established elements of the game that marked his tenure at Blizzard, but I don't know how likely that really is.
    Couldn't have said it better myself.

Dafuq? You used age of LoL as an argument, saying it's old, but still very successful. When someone pointed that WoW is more than twice as old, you turned around and went with "Oh, look, a fanboy!" 50 DKP minus.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    If you think the age of the game isn't a factor on why subs have fallen your intelligence level is lower than I thought it was. I'm guessing your latest ban ended this morning as well , which is a shame it was so peaceful around here. GC while having a title of lead game designer still has people he worked for who who tell him the direction they wanted the game to go in so by no means is he solely responsible for the way the game is now. Those guys are still at Blizz and I imagine the game isn't going to change overnight, or anytime soon now that gc is gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Creotor View Post
    Dafuq? You used age of LoL as an argument, saying it's old, but still very successful. When someone pointed that WoW is more than twice as old, you turned around and went with "Oh, look, a fanboy!" 50 DKP minus.
    It's like slamming your head against a wall trying to talk to some people.

10+ Year Old Account
    People with too much time on their hands and no idea what they are talking about.
    "Terror, darkness, power? The Forsaken crave not these things; the Forsaken ARE these things."

Quote Originally Posted by Whales96 View Post
    He wasn't a boss, he was lead system's designer. He even made a tweet about how most people don't know what his job really was. Are you really just going to jump into that category headfirst?
    I am done posting back to you if you are going to refuse that GC was a boss. He made himself voice of the dev team on his own which brought him a lot of fame and probably fortune as well, and because of that I feel no remorse that he gets blamed. Look it is clear that you liked GC, and you want to avoid every possible situation where he is blamed for something. But that's pretty damn biased view in my eyes.