Bad/No wiring penalty?

Hey gang. I built my own computer about 1.5 years ago and at the time figured a 240GB SSD would be plenty.

Well long story short I bought another 240GB drive this holiday season and when it finally came in the mail I really wanted to just install it and get a move on.

My question is: Is there any penalty/risk to not mounting a drive via screws?

My case has space for some HDDs and the Intel 240GB drive came with a bracket to install it in one of those HDD slots, but I thought to myself, what difference does it make? I'm not moving my desktop anywhere, and this will be the last upgrade I make to this computer before building a new one. Currently the SSD is connected and just "floating" in the HDD cage.

So I'm just curious if there's an actual problem to be presented by not properly mounting an SSD (I connected the SATA and power cables obviously).

Thank you and I look forward to your replies.

10+ Year Old Account
    It drives my OCD bonkers, but there's no real 'bad' thing about having the drive loose, and set somewhere safe inside the case. A lot of people use velcro. I'm pretty sure mine isn't bolted down.

Do I recommend it? No. Is there anything wrong with it? Not really.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

No there is nothing bad, SSD can be suspended or put in upside down as it isnt a spinning drive. There is a case out there where it just hangs on bungee cords, I forgot who made it. It was a metal mesh case which looked cool, but a coffee spill wouldnt have been good.