10+ Year Old Account

Built my first computer, back with problems (kind of).

So the computer is built, things went smoother then I expected, and I had even received a second 770 as a gift before all of my parts had arrived. So I figured what the hell, and put it in there.

I booted the machine with both cards in there the first time before putting the SLI bridge on, and put it on after a few restarts, to make sure the computer atleast saw both cards.

I'm going to post a picture that will pretty much sum up what is going on. The second card's fans are spinning, are seen and everything, but it seems the computer and the Nvidia control panel are choosing to ignore it. Based on some google searching it seems it could be a driver issue with 8.1. Any other ideas or solutions? Sorry if the image is too big, if a moderator can make it smaller, that'd be great, not sure how to do that myself.

- - - Updated - - -

Before anyone asks, the drivers are all up to date and the PSU is big enough, I checked into this before hand.

Try switching the places of the cards, and did you install the drivers after putting them in SLI? Also check if you put it in the right PCI-E slot (with 16x).

Edit: in NVIDIA Control Panel > Manage 3D settings, Maximize 3D performance if it's not on yet.
    Last edited by xaju; 2013-12-15 at 06:15 PM.

Nvm didnt notice the topright.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've re installed the drivers with and without the SLI bridge. Doesn't seem to make a difference. Is there a chance Nvidia's drivers for windows 8.1 aren't supporting it?

Trying every shot in the dark here since the picture I linked shows that some programs show the card, some don't.

Did you completely remove the NVIDIA drivers and reboot before trying to install them again? Let Windows install the default Microsoft driver first (so don't be connected to internet) and reboot (again) and install the real driver.

At least that's what this post says in GeForce forums: https://forums.geforce.com/default/t...46595/#3546595

It's from 2011 but worth a try.

10+ Year Old Account
    For that method, should the SLI bridge be off or on during the process?

According to the post he had both cards in place, so I would guess that's with the SLI bridge on.

Edit: You could also try a program called HyperSLI, even though your mobo supports both Crossfire and SLI.
    http://www.techpowerup.com/forums/th...boards.153046/
    Last edited by xaju; 2013-12-15 at 07:16 PM.