Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    29.99 is a bit steep for those that already got the arma 2 pack to play the mod

plus id imagine anyone thats been playing for awile has probarly quit by now

Quote Originally Posted by Lagmonster View Post
    Is it just the time of day that I'm playing, thats causing like 99% of the servers to all be night time? Any labeled as always daytime 24/7 are always full, and the rest seem to all be night time, just sick of playing at night lol.
    yeah its a czech company and thats where all the server times are based off of.

Deleted
    It what world is 40 players considered an MMO ?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by glowpipe View Post
    oh jay. now you need to pay 24 euro for some deuchebag to kill you on sight. Dont even know why they bothered adding zombies in this game. Zombie survival isnt even happening since people kill you as soon as they see you. No repercussions for killing players. No incentive to not kill players. Only rewarded if you do (steal their loot)

So it boils down to a pure pvp game and lets face it. Bf4 crushes it in that part
    I made tons of friends in this game, so don't say that.

You need to be into this type of game. Its not fast paced like BF4 and I'm not sure why people would even attempt to compare the two. Its technically a zombie game, but its more of a social experiment than anything, and its absolutely fascinating. Its survival, and it seems to have this overwhelming effect of realism on players. When you get into that aspect of the game, it creates a rush that I've never seen another game successfully replicate.

It's not for everyone. You could play for 10 hours straight and never fire a single shot. Its about survival. Are you the type of person who is willing to help those who are weaker than you at the risk of a potential backstab and losing everything you sought out in the open world? Or are you more cautious and willing to kill anyone who could potentially be a threat to your characters survival? The psychology you see in this game is astounding and if you're into that type of thing its worth the entry price alone.

Also for those with complaints about Killing on sight: Rocket is implementing a system (its already in the game but needs work) where bullets/melee attacks damage gear and items in your inventory. If you shoot a person wearing a backpack full of food, its highly likely some of the food could be hit and be worthless. This is supposed to deter simply killing on sight. And besides that, the point of the game is to not be seen. Don't go sprinting through the cities and then be surprised and angry when you are gunned down by a bandit.

I was a big fan of the mod and the standalone is expanding on everything players wanted to see in the mod without the restrictions arma II had on it. The new blood/health system is great and I can't wait to see the coming changes

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Puffler View Post
    It what world is 40 players considered an MMO ?
    *shrugs* That's probably more active players than my WoW server has.

I loved Dayz mod with all the bugs it had/has.

I actually feel pretty meh from the sa. It's more of a Walking Simulator currently

I'm sure it'll go up in price though so I'm glad I got it now. Having way more fun with Rust

Is DayZ SA as bad as people are saying it is? I was watching someone stream it and most of the bugs they are in the DayZ mod seems to still be there. It also seems like Rockets idea of a better DayZ was just to make it look more pretty and over the top realistic. I know it's still very early but is it worth buying it now or just to wait until the full game comes out?

Quote Originally Posted by Charecters View Post
    Is DayZ SA as bad as people are saying it is? I was watching someone stream it and most of the bugs they are in the DayZ mod seems to still be there. It also seems like Rockets idea of a better DayZ was just to make it look more pretty and over the top realistic. I know it's still very early but is it worth buying it now or just to wait until the full game comes out?
    Buy it now while it's cheaper. I'm not gonna bother playing until a lot of things are better. Games looks great and runs great now when not it city's. I'm sure the game will be a lot better considering this is only alpha.

Ok so brand new to the game.. didn't play the addon. After messing with the graphics settings for a while I finally feel like I'm in full control of my character. Is it normal for the towns and buildings to be so empty of items? I feel like I can search so many buildings and find absolutely nothing. Sometimes I'll find a book or some rotten food or a t-shirt. But nothing of use. Maybe it's just bad luck or perhaps i'm on a busy server and the buildings have all been pillaged already? I did find a corpse which was exciting.

Quote Originally Posted by Collected View Post
    Ok so brand new to the game.. didn't play the addon. After messing with the graphics settings for a while I finally feel like I'm in full control of my character. Is it normal for the towns and buildings to be so empty of items? I feel like I can search so many buildings and find absolutely nothing. Sometimes I'll find a book or some rotten food or a t-shirt. But nothing of use. Maybe it's just bad luck or perhaps i'm on a busy server and the buildings have all been pillaged already? I did find a corpse which was exciting.
    My rule right now is if the doors are open, don't even bother going in. Cuz it's likely been pillaged already. Exception is military buildings as sometimes people leave things behind. I've been able to find a nice cache of items so far If someone killed me they'd likely get a nice surprise lol.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

Quote Originally Posted by Tradewind View Post
    My rule right now is if the doors are open, don't even bother going in. Cuz it's likely been pillaged already. Exception is military buildings as sometimes people leave things behind. I've been able to find a nice cache of items so far If someone killed me they'd likely get a nice surprise lol.
    My rule right now is exactly the opposite,especially since it's ammo that i'm missing people miss it easily since the model is too small. Plus, everything has a chance to spawn anywhere, or so i've heard.

Quote Originally Posted by Marthenil View Post
    My rule right now is exactly the opposite,especially since it's ammo that i'm missing people miss it easily since the model is too small. Plus, everything has a chance to spawn anywhere, or so i've heard.
    If it's military, I'll check it. So that's the airstrips and the military bases, if it's just a house...pass. You might find 7.76 ammo or .45 in residential, but I've only ever found 5.56 in military and that's what I need to feed the M4's hunger. Residential is good for clothing early on and tools/food.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

Quote Originally Posted by Tradewind View Post
    If it's military, I'll check it. So that's the airstrips and the military bases, if it's just a house...pass. You might find 7.76 ammo or .45 in residential, but I've only ever found 5.56 in military and that's what I need to feed the M4's hunger. Residential is good for clothing early on and tools/food.
    I've found an m4 and 4 mags to go along with it in one of the high value houses

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I thought the game is pretty good in SA. I keep hearing over public voice chat that people think the games shit, but I heard that all the time in the mod. Mostly disgruntled people who die or people who got caught up in the hype and have no idea what kind of game it is.

A lot of the servers seem to be void of zombies, most of the ones I've been on are completely missing them.

Game looks better and mostly runs better. A lot more items, items are numerous but powerful ones are a lot more scarce. UI seems a lot better, although this is one aspect they need to continue to make better. I love the realism, but the UI is the only thing they should really make incredibly easy to use, with the items they have in the game it wouldn't hurt to make them a bit easier to use/understand.

Way more buildings you can go in and the zombies I do find have better pathing than they use too.

Bugs still exist, but for 30 dollars and considering the game is going up in price I think it's worth it. If you're the type of person who gets really invested in a character or doesn't like sandbox games, stay away from the game.

Breaking somebodies legs and handcuffing them is pretty fun, sadistic, but hilarious.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wait this game isn't the full game right? It's still technically beta?
    Hey everyone

Quote Originally Posted by Duronos View Post
    Wait this game isn't the full game right? It's still technically beta?
    Alpha, read the giant warning on the store page. People seem to miss that all the time and complain that it's an unfinished game.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Collected View Post
    Head inland, the coast is nearly always pillaged on every server. Spawn points and what not.

This game is just too good at what it does. I'm really glad the mod was made because things like this change trends and cause other games to start being made like rust for example.

The survival rush and just feeling like you reallyyy don't want to die that many people feel is so hard to replicate because its so unforgiving it walks a very fine line between being a fun rush and a terribly annoying and unfun game. I think the only game I've ever played that made the same sort of feeling was back on RS in 2005 being out in the PvP zone with tons of valuable items where if you died you lost it all and you never knew what was going to happen.
    Last edited by Erolian; 2013-12-20 at 06:14 PM.

Deleted
    Played the game for a few hours now , and i'm just going to leave it alone for a while , for me the game in its current state is not fun to play and rather feels pointless aswell.I know its just an alpha in testing phase , so i'm not going to shoot the game down at all , just looking forward for when the game will be finished