Deleted

Holy questions...

So I wanted to mix things up a bit and decided I'm at a point where I have enough different gear to start running both Disc and Holy.

My gear isn't optimal, I still have some disc pieces that are reforged out of spirit and with crit gems etc. Currently I'm sitting at (unbuffed) roughly 15.5k spirit and 7.6% haste with as much as possible pumped into mastery.

I was wondering about haste breakpoints though.

1) Renew. I know there are breakpoints for an extra tick at 12.5% and 25%. Is the Glyph worth using and if so, where are the breakpoints?
    2) Lightwell, any worthwhile breakpoints?
    3) Anything else? Echo of Light? HW: Sanc?

Talents...
    1) Is FDCL a good choice? It seems like it would synergize well with t16 2 piece and might provide both "more mana" (through free FHs and cheaper PoH/GHs) aswell as throughput. It definitely seems like the more fun choice anyways.
    2) Level 90 talents... I'm guessing cascade is pretty good for Holy (never use it as Disc) but does it beat the other two or should i stick with Star for stacked, Halo for spread? Edit: 10man btw.

Glyphs...
    Which glyphs do you prefer and when? I'm no stranger to moving stuff around, I go through probably about 25 tomes in a typical raidnight as disc :P
    Last edited by mmoc1b009d603f; 2013-12-17 at 06:46 AM.

You didn't read my jokes post did you?

Deleted
    What? Holy sucks, go disc?

I don't really care, I just want some diversity in my playstyle. I still want to do it right though and not be a total scrub.

I guess if your guild will let you play holy, more power to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Heap View Post
    1) Renew. I know there are breakpoints for an extra tick at 12.5% and 25%. Is the Glyph worth using and if so, where are the breakpoints?
    If you're at/a bit over 4721 haste, it's better to glyph it (and you should get to that haste at least). Next breakpoints are at 13163 (still glyph it, even if it's a non-glyphed breakpoint) and 18230.

2) Lightwell, any worthwhile breakpoints?

3) Anything else? Echo of Light? HW: Sanc?
    EoL doesn't have breakpoints. HW:S isn't worth gearing for, but it also has a breakpoint at 4717.

1) Is FDCL a good choice? It seems like it would synergize well with t16 2 piece and might provide both "more mana" (through free FHs and cheaper PoH/GHs) aswell as throughput. It definitely seems like the more fun choice anyways.
    FDCL is the best choice with T16 2p (I'd say it's better without it too on 10s). I don't think you'll ever change that talent...

2) Level 90 talents... I'm guessing cascade is pretty good for Holy (never use it as Disc) but does it beat the other two or should i stick with Star for stacked, Halo for spread? Edit: 10man btw.
    There are two different 'schools' in this.

You can either stay in Serenity all the time, refreshing Renews with Heal/GHeal/FHeal/BHeal and Cascade (this works better with 13/18k haste but should also work with 4.7k) or you can switch between the lvl90 talents depending on the fight. In first case Renew will make bigger portion of your healing (although even if you are switching talents, you'll still be sitting on Serenity and refreshing Renews), in the second you'll have the option to switch to Halo or DS.

I personally like the Cascade option with high haste, but Bebelel from Moonz was switching talents depending on the fight with low haste so pretty sure that both work.

Which glyphs do you prefer and when? I'm no stranger to moving stuff around, I go through probably about 25 tomes in a typical raidnight as disc :P
    There just aren't too many options, because you'll have Renew and Binding Heal all the time. I switch between IS/IF and Lightwell.

In general, I have to say that some bosses (for me it's Sha, Shamans, Thok and to some extent -although it does work, just not as well as disc for me- Siegecrafter and Paragons) just favour disc though.

Deleted
    Much appreciated, cheers