Disc Priest and Holy Priest Feedback Please :)

Hello to all the Priests here!

I would appreciate some feedback / advice on our priests and to see where they can improve in general healing wise. We have some overall DPS and some healing issues and considering our Ilvl and progress, I feel sometimes our healing is quite weak and is affecting our progression a little bit from time to time, so I'm trying to grab some feedback to help them improve slightly over this Christmas break, as it's definitely needed for the whole team! I'm not saying there good or bad or anyone else in our guild for that matter, I just want everyone to do better for when we get back into progression after Christmas with everyone doing higher then they are currently!

Will link our whole calendar so you can choose which bosses you would like to see..

Logs - http://worldoflogs.com/guilds/271528/

Armory -

Disc Priest - http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nhild/advanced

and

Holy Priest - http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...hynho/advanced

Any tips or advice for them on any / all bosses would be greatly appreciated... Considering our progress and wanting to progress further, tips on future bosses would also be great I hope to give them some advice over this break ready for when we get stuck back into heroics!

Note: We will be 3 healing heroic Thok progression when we start progress on him again after Christmas! So any specific healing tips for that will be great

Thank you for your time in reading this

Well the first thing I noticed was that the disc was reforging Crit into Haste and Haste into Crit...

Ahh yeah, I didn't notice she had some of her shadow gear on - But she does prioritize Crit in her Disc gear!

Sorry, but this "Disc"-Priest is now shadow equiped.

But Holy looks good, i only hope that with so much haste you don't have mana problems in the end. But you reforged mastery out as much as possilbe witch isn't a bad idea especially after the mastery-nerf.

Yeah, I wasn't aware of them being in shadow gear, however... Their raid performance is shown in the logs for their respectful specs mentioned I'm fairly certain that gems / reforged are pretty good and I know the Holy Priest has gone for the 13k haste cap also!

It is a lot of information to go through logs for each boss this tier, so I will just look at Fallen Protectors for Swanhild:

http://worldoflogs.com/reports/pqrrd...?s=1659&e=2175

http://worldoflogs.com/reports/pqrrd...YPE_CAST%29%29

They are lining up spirit shell pretty much perfectly with power infusion, inner focus, and archangel. That's good! This gives them a lot of healing done via spirit shell and is generally good practice. However, I suspect that they are hindering their overall hps by putting all their cool downs into spirit shell due to how healing intensive Fallen Protectors generally is.

Here are some points for easier reading:

- Power Infusion here is a mistake. Yes, you get an additional cast of PoH with spirit shell buff, but Twist of Fate uptime is incredibly high here due to adds. You should essentially be using ToF as your go-to talent with PI as the exception this tier, not the other way around.
    - Divine star is a better choice here if your raid is stacking.
    - Archangel usage is half of what it could be.
    - Offensive penance is very low. :/ You should essentially be casting it on CD which they don't seem to be aware of.
    - Why are they using the cleave trinket? It is garbage for disc. You are better off using the 543 Timeless isle crit or Siegecrafter regen trinket coupled with the healy amp. The latter option allows you to reforge out of more spirit to get additional secondary stats.

Hope this helps. If there is a specific encounter you want feedback on, post the log and I can try to give more specific information.
    Last edited by langning; 2013-12-20 at 11:15 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just a small thing, with 3 healers holy will be pretty uselees. Two of them are "absorb" ones, so OMFG holly will be TOTALLY useless.
    Violence awaits. You can burn with me in hell. Viva la hate!

I am aware the Holy Priest healing numbers will seem lower when put with a Holy Pally and Disc Priest - It was mostly just making sure he's doing everything right, he can manage 2 healing Malkorok and Spoils just fine though, but any improvements he can make he's up for it

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Aside from your Holy Priest having a ton of haste and low on crit I would just suggest that he use CoH and PoM more, and throw down a T16 3-stack sanctuary on stack fights since you have no Shaman or Druid. It's decent passive healing even in 10man.

That ton of haste means that the priest isn't switching to Sanctuary chakra at all (also doesn't have 4p). And don't use CoH more... Why would anyone use CoH more... PoM is also not that much used with the Renew-centric builds apart from certain fights.

He should be keeping up those Renews more though. Unless there's nothing/close-to-nothing to heal and he switches to dps chakra, he should keep up more Renews on more targets through the whole fight. But since you're using 3 healers for pretty much everything, it really looks like there's nothing to heal so we're looking at logs from trivial to heal content, where if he were to heal 'better' he'd only have more overhealing... I can't find anything else to say other than maybe use Cascade more to have keep more Renews going?

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by laplacedemon View Post
    That ton of haste means that the priest isn't switching to Sanctuary chakra at all (also doesn't have 4p). And don't use CoH more... Why would anyone use CoH more... PoM is also not that much used with the Renew-centric builds apart from certain fights.

He should be keeping up those Renews more though. Unless there's nothing/close-to-nothing to heal and he switches to dps chakra, he should keep up more Renews on more targets through the whole fight. But since you're using 3 healers for pretty much everything, it really looks like there's nothing to heal so we're looking at logs from trivial to heal content, where if he were to heal 'better' he'd only have more overhealing... I can't find anything else to say other than maybe use Cascade more to have keep more Renews going?
    I was simply looking at how I managed more HPS than this person on 10H Protectors, and noticed I had more PoM and CoH. I also noticed I had more Renew casts. There is plenty of damage going out to keep PoM bouncing around within its 10s cooldown, and CoH after Calamity or other damage improves HPS (aka, sniping).

But since you are actually downing these bosses I'm not sure what the problem is. HPS is a very weird metric, and very unlike DPS. While DPS always tends to go up HPS goes down as bosses go on farm.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkener View Post
    I was simply looking at how I managed more HPS than this person on 10H Protectors, and noticed I had more PoM and CoH. I also noticed I had more Renew casts. There is plenty of damage going out to keep PoM bouncing around within its 10s cooldown, and CoH after Calamity or other damage improves HPS (aka, sniping).
    That can be because they were taking 489k damage per second and your raid was taking ~590-600k damage per second on your logs though (and everybody takes more damage on progress).

But you two are healing differently, that's why I said don't use CoH and don't overvalue PoM (although not entirely bad on Protectors, it's still not a use on cd ability). Their priest is using a Renew build, so it is better for him to not hit CoH. You on the other hand can find it useful to get the 4p buff, since you are switching to Sanctuary chakra. Just different healing styles, so even if your advice can be solid, it's just isn't in this particular occasion and that's why I disagreed...

I agree with what you said about hps though.