Page 1 of 42
... LastLast

Mafia Christmas Special - The Return of the Fat Man in a Red Suit

IF YOU ARE NOT PLAYING, DO NOT POST HERE. THANK YOU!

Background
    On a small tropical island somewhere on the southern hemisphere, Santa Claus as well as some former Vanilla Townies have taken up residence in hopes of a better life. But there's some alarming rumours around that tells that the Grinch and supposedly some follower of his, have also taken up residence on the island and that they are working on some sort of master plan that will destroy the whole island. It's not ready yet though, so for a while, the town is safe.

General
    You are free to discuss whatever you want, claim whatever you want, and draw whatever conclusions you want. Just remember that anything can be faked.
    Once you are dead, you may only post in the thread for dead players, so do not continue to post in your faction's thread if you were in one. Also, please keep communication with alive players to a minimum so you do not give anybody an unfair advantage. If you post as a dead player in this thread, your post(s) will be deleted.
    Editing of posts after 10 minutes is forbidden.
    Editing votes is forbidden.
    Deleting posts is forbidden.
    Quoting/Screenshotting/using anything provided by moderators in a PM/QT as evidence is forbidden, this includes but is not limited to providing a link to your forum.
    PMing other players in the game about the game is forbidden.

With the revelation of a players death, the full role card of that player will be revealed.

The phases
    Day
    Unless stated otherwise in your PM, everyone has one vote per day to use to decide who to lynch. You can always change your vote, or even have no current vote. Once a player has gotten a majority (more than half) of the votes, they are immediately lynched and may no longer post in the thread - if you have information you need to make public, make sure you say it before you get that last vote. The day will go on until someone reaches the required number of votes for a lynch or the town decides to no-lynch.

During the last 6 hours of the day, you may post your night action (if you have one). If a posted night action turns out to be posted earlier than 6 hours before dusk, it will become void and a new night action will have to be posted. Any night action posted during the last 6 horus of day will be noted and then executed in reverse order after any other night action. Any night action posted during the last 6 hours of the day cannot be changed not even at night. The only way to "change" such a night action, is for the day to go on so that 6 hour passes after you placed your night action and therefore making it void.

Put your decision in Bold Letters and on its own line (ex: UNVOTE VOTE XXXXXXX)
    To vote for someone, use "VOTE: [Player]"
    To remove your vote, use "UNVOTE"
    To change your vote, use "UNVOTE VOTE: [OtherPlayer]" to cancel your previous vote and change the vote to lynch [OtherPlayer]
    To vote for a no-lynch, use VOTE: NO-LYNCH
    A vote that is not bolded or on its own line will not count. Both the word "vote" and the player name need to be bolded.

To peg someone as a suspicious candidate that you would potentially vote for, without actually voting, use the Finger of Suspicion; FoS: Krayzy

The day phase lasts a maximum of 96 horus. (4 days)

The game will start at day time.

Dusk
    From the time of the last vote until the mod calls night, it is dusk. You may still talk, but no votes can be changed. The timer for night will start at dusk. Night actions posted during dusk will be considered to be posted just as if it was night. Dusk will last until mod has posted a night message at which time there'll be night.

Night
    Everyone with a night action may post their action in their designated place. Each action posted will be noted. Actions will be executed in the order they are noted.

No players are allowed to discuss anything in the game thread (this thread) at this time (it's night, you're asleep!). Any posts made during this time will be deleted! The deadline for night (including dusk) will be at least 12 hours. For every 24 hours shorter than maximum limit the day lasts, another two hours will be added to the night timer (to a maximum of 18 hours).

Dawn
    When the timer for night is up, it is dawn. During dawn, no player is allowed to speak in the game thread. Any night action posted at dawn will be ignored. Dawn lasts until mod has posted morning message.

Setup
    Roles
    The exact role setup will be unknown. Most people should recognise a majority of the roles. Santa Claus will be back and if one reads his role, one can clearly see similarities to last years Santa Claus role. There are a few special roles for this game, but they won't be extreme.

There won't be more TPR than there are PTs (PT = Pineapple Townie).

Modifiers
    The following modifiers might be in the game (knowingly or unknowingly to the player having it). The modifier is in addition to the role and any role might have a modifier (unless stated otherwise below).

Miller (only town-aligned)
    Macho

Christmas Special
    This game is set to last a maximum number of days. 14 to be exact. The game will end at January 3rd 18:00 UTC no matter what. If the game lasts that long, The Grinch will win and everyone else will lose.

Active game info
    Alive players
    Anakso
    Celtic209
    Elypop
    Omertocrazy
    Rollo
    Silkku
    Uggorthaholy
    Waker
    Worgenite
    Xanjori

Dead players
    Blood fox - Killed N6 - Reindeer
    Cattaclysmic - Killed N1 - Reindeer
    Decagon - Lynched D1 - PT
    Dyra - Killed N6 - Cop
    falbacca - Lynched D2 - PT
    Greeney - Killed N2 - Vigilante
    kel - Lynched D4 - PT
    listo95 - Killed N1 - Watcher
    Lysah - Killed N3 - Doctor
    PistolPink - Killed N4 - CPR Doctor
    Rigmi - Killed N5 - PT
    Robozerim - Killed N1 - PT
    Thedead241 - Lynched D3
    Tommys - Killed N2 - PT
    Virothe - Killed N2 - PT

Lynch results
    Day 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Krayzy View Post
    ElyPop (2): Lysah. listo95
    Lysah (1): Worgenite,
    Decagon (13): Silkku, ElyPop, PistolPink, Uggorthaholy, Waker, Thedead241, Rigimi44, Xanjori, Cattaclysmic, Rollo, Robozerim, Dyra. Greeney
    Robozerim (1): Virothe
    Silkku (6): Anakso, Celtic209, Omertocracy, kel, Decagon, Tommys
    Cattaclysmic (1): falbacca

With 25 alive it takes 13 to lynch.

Decagon a Pineapple Townie has been lynched.
    Day 2
    kel (3): ElyPop, falbacca, Xanjori
    Silkku (1): Anakso
    thedead241 (4): Blood fox, PistolPink, thedead241, Uggorthaholy
    falbacca (11): kel, Waker, Rigimi44, Tommys, Omertocracy, Silkku, Dyra, Rigimi44, Greeney, Rollo, Virothe

Falbacca, a Pineapple Townie, has been lynched.
    Day 3
    With 17 alive it takes 9 to lynch.

Waker (2): Celtic209, Lysah
    thedead241 (9): kel, Uggorthaholy, Omertocracy, Xanjori, Waker, Silkku, thedead241, Worgenite, Rollo

Thedead, a Pineapple Townie, has been lynched.
    Day 4
    With 15 alive it takes 8 to lynch.

kel (8): Uggorthaholy, PistolPink, Waker, Worgenite, Xanjori, ElyPop, Celtic209, Omertocracy

Kel, a Pineapple Townie, has been lynched.
    Day 5
    Quote Originally Posted by keleb View Post
    Celtic209 (7): Waker, Silkku, Uggorthaholy, Dyra, Omertocrazy, Xanjori, ElyPop
    Silkku (1): Anakso
    Waker (1): Celtic209

After debating on who really was the root of all evil on the island town decided that it was probably Celtic and dragged him off to the gallows. They fixed the roped around his neck, ElyPop pulled the lever and Celtic fell down. But instead of his neck breaking the arm that hold the rope on the gallows broke and Celtic landed safely on the ground. As the day was ending and everyone in the town was tired, they told Celtic that they'd take care of him tomorrow if they saw fit.

No one has been lynched.
    Morning messages
    Night 1/Day 2
    Town woke to a loud "ktchng" from somewhere on the island and then the whole island shook for a second before it settled. Everyone agreed it was a bad omen and that something had to be done. While they all went around to see if anything had been damaged and in need of repair they found no material damage, but three personal casualties, although none seemed to have died from the quake. Robozerim one of the Pinapple townies were found under a pineapple three where he seemed to just have replaced one of the pineapples in the tree with one made from cardboard. Shortly after listo95's body was found. under his body they found a notebook and a pair of binoculars that he seemed to have been carrying. He'd probably been up to do something with those during the night. Lastly, Cattaclysmic, a reindeer was found. He seemed to have been killed very neatly, precisely and with little pain and there might have been a hint of a smile, although several in the town thought it was more of a grin.

Robozerim a Pineapple Townie is dead.
    listo95 a Watcher is dead.
    Cattaclysmic a Reindeer is dead.
    Night 2/Day 3
    As sun rose over the small tropical island the inhabitants of the small village wake up. Most of them at least. Tommys, a Pinapple Townie is found, still seemingly asleep, in his bed when a search party enter his home looking for him. As the search party exit his house to head back into the center of the village the spot another body, lying just around the corner. A closer inspection shows it to be Greeney. He seems to have been surprised while walking home, holding a syringe with some traces of green stuff left in it, in his left hand. It seems he had taken it upon himself to attempt to clear the town of those willing to do evil to the town. The search team already suspect what they'll find when they enter the last house on the list of those not present. They are not surprised. Virothe, another Pineapple Townie, lies dead on the floor in his kitchen, with a cooking pot in his hand, perhaps he tried to defend himself from his attacker.

Tommys a Pineapple Townie is dead
    Greeney a Vigilante is dead
    Virothe a Pineapple Townie is dead
    Night 3/Day 4
    A cloudy sky emphasized the mood of the town as they woke up to yet more death, although fewer than the night before. In fact, only Lysah was missing. The town found her in her home. She was found lying on the floor in her living room, arms stretch out towards a wrapped present lying shortly out of her reach under her Christmas tree. Her mangled body told that at least it wasn't the present that killed her, but just to be safe, the town buried it with Lysah. Leaving her house, the search party saw that one of her rooms was dedicated to medicines and posters about how to stay healthy and most of them thought it was sad that town probably wouldn't be as healthy now that she was gone.

Lysah a Doctor has been killed.
    Night 4/Day 5
    A soft but loud rumble followed by a gentle shake woke the town. Nothing to cause any damage but it was an ominous sign. When the townies gathered they noticed Pistolpink was missing. A search of his house found him dead there. They also found several first aid kits and a defibrillator.

PistolPink a CPR Doc is dead.
    Deadlines
    Day 1: December 24th 18:00 UTC
    Night 1:
    Day 2:
    Night 2:
    Day 3: December 28th 19:00 UTC
    Night 3:
    Day 4:
    Night 4:
    Day 5:
    Night 5: December 28th 11:00 UTC
    Day 6: January 1st 11:00 UTC
    Last edited by keleb; 2013-12-30 at 02:39 AM.

First

HIII

- - - Updated - - -

[B]The day phase lasts a maximum of 96 horus[B]. (4 days)
    ohh yeah bring on the 96 horus!
    * makes it rain

10+ Year Old Account
    Second!
    Vote: Lysah for being better than me at DotA.

Votes must be on a line on it's own. Just for the next time you attempt to vote and fail miserably Omerto

Also, role cards have been started to be sent out. I've sent out some and Krayzy will send out some. If you haven't received your role card by 19:00 UTC you'll get them around 23:00 UTC when I get back home. Did some fail planning and I'm off to the cinema in a few min.

to be fair that's not that hard omert <3

two modifers eh? macho doesn't sound fun, Isn't that were no doctor and stuff can save you? kind of a messed up modifier in game.

- - - Updated - - -

i need a list of lynch candidates alive players

So we lose in 14 days, just like last year. How exhilarating!

10+ Year Old Account
    hai all!

I'd give you an inch, you'd take me a mile, your tail wagging happily all the while.

15+ Year Old Account
    Posting, I'm here, Christmas and junk. Running out for a bit, see yas in a little while.

FoS everyone that hasn't posted yet for being slack faced slackers.

Vote ElyPop
    Just look at that avatar, screams the grinch if you ask me

Deleted
    I, too, am playing this game.
    And I am apparently a slack faced slacker.

Deleted
    I'm ready to sacrifice people to the great santa clause.

Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    Vote ElyPop
    Just look at that avatar, screams the grinch if you ask me
    Well, your name is green.
    The Grinch is green.
    Coincidence? I think not.

Vote: Lysah.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ElyPop View Post
    Well, your name is green.
    The Grinch is green.
    Coincidence? I think not.

Vote: Lysah.
    But your name is also green!
    So are you the Grinch framing Lysah?
    It must be true!

Vote: Elypop

10+ Year Old Account
    I am a sad mechasheep, I appear to not have my role yet. ;_;

Anyway, I'll toss out my traditional random vote after I have a spreadsheet set up.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm just waking up. Will be sending out the remainder of the role cards here in a few.

10+ Year Old Account
    vote Foxximcleod

oh wait...she's not playing >_<

vote Arlee

Bah, she's not playing either!

vote Lysah

I'd give you an inch, you'd take me a mile, your tail wagging happily all the while.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah I'm out of fucks to give today already. Will post again tomorrow. Probably.

Quote Originally Posted by listo95 View Post
    But your name is also green!
    So are you the Grinch framing Lysah?
    It must be true!

Vote: Elypop
    Fucking scumbuddying already..