Poll: Are falling zippers a problem and would you pay for a clip to hold them up?

Survey about zippers that won't stop falling down!! (only 2 questions)

Hey all,

I'll try to make this brief. I'm taking an entrepreneur course and need to do a bit of research for an idea I'm working on. I had an idea for a clip you could attach to the end of your zipper and wrap around your pant button which would keep the two of them attached to one another - holding your zipper in place and preventing unfortunate exposure of your undergarments.

Question 1
    Do you ever notice a zipper that won't stay up as a problem you've encountered before?

Question 2
    Would you pay a small amount of money ($0.15-$0.50) for a small clip that attaches to your zipper and pant button to keep your zipper up?

Thanks for all your input! Looking forward to reading poll responses
    Last edited by Levitt; 2013-12-23 at 01:33 AM.

10+ Year Old Account

But if I had a chronic problem of fly openings, I'd probably invest.

Quote Originally Posted by Zvinny View Post
    snip

But if I had a chronic problem of fly openings, I'd probably invest.
    Make that out of plastic, 3 different colors and good packaging = the product I'm envisioning. Really, that's it. Simple, cheap and great on a counter by the checkout at CVS.

not an issue but i swear i saw a late night infomerrcial for this one time.....

Herald of the Titans Feral Camel's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly I stopped buying low quality pants and this stopped happening.

Wait...did safety pins get outlawed or something? "sarcastic of course"

Really use a safety pin or key ring as said above

Deleted
    this is stupid idea for product, most zippers got safety pin thingie, and even if they don't they wont just open on its own.

Also stop using "that low price" because that is subjective, for one it is low for someone else it is not. For example 0.50$ is more then I pay for one way ticket to school, and I would consider that A LOT for some garbage. It also indicates that price is not an issue, it is, I would never consider buying this thing, but if given for free I would probably not throw it away

Quote Originally Posted by larix View Post
    this is stupid idea for product, most zippers got safety pin thingie, and even if they don't they wont just open on its own.

Also stop using "that low price" because that is subjective, for one it is low for someone else it is not. For example 0.50$ is more then I pay for one way ticket to school, and I would consider that A LOT for some garbage. It also indicates that price is not an issue, it is, I would never consider buying this thing, but if given for free I would probably not throw it away
    I should have added that as an option, then.

So you would use one if you got one for free? That might be something I could tie in to my research.

JAJAJAJA you'll pay more for the noticable "good" packaging than the clip will cost. And you'll have to manufacture a lot of inventory to get the price down to what you want it to be. 15 to 50 cents is completely unreasonable for you to sell at because you'd be taking a loss. Probably 2-3 for $1, but I personally don't think it'll catch on nor is it worth the headache.

Me personally? For a quarter I'd buy one. But the truth is I almost always wear sweatpants so I don't need this product at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you use a zipper properly, it wont fall down. Always put the tab in the down position. It locks it, and dont wear pants 2 sizes to small and the zipper wont be stressed.

Quote Originally Posted by Feral Camel View Post
    Honestly I stopped buying low quality pants and this stopped happening.
    this.....also helps to do the zippers up when you wash your laundry and problem eliminated

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Levitt View Post
    I should have added that as an option, then.

So you would use one if you got one for free? That might be something I could tie in to my research.
    No, because I don't have zipper problem, or ever had. As I said, if I got one for free I would maybe not throw it away, never said I would use it. I would not go out of my way to even grab one for free if it required any effort whats so ever.

Do people actually have this problem? I mean, I can understand if you have low-quality jeans and cannot afford even the slightest bit better... But I mean come on, I have 3 pairs of jeans at 20$ each, which I even didn't want to pay for, and they last me. I haven't replaced jeans for several years.

Aveline's amazing work!

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    I can trace every instance of this occurring to me back to neglect.

Split rings as in the step by step diagram above are more than sufficient to fix this for anyone affected by it.