With Garrison's being as big of a deal as they are going to be

Is starting and cultivating the MoP farm worth it? I recently resubbed and rushed to 90 so I could raid and stuff, and kind of ignored this entire section of the game. Is farming a trade skill like First Aid or cooking, or is it something that can be skipped and ignored because of the obsolescence caused by garrisons?
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Ner%27zhul&n=Paulkariya

Deleted
    It's very repetitive and not really that dynamic, but then it's WoW. It's a sure way of getting vegetables/fruits for your cooking.

Depends on what you do with it. I love the farm and find it a nice alternative to farming mats. You can grow crafting materials, not just food, in case you weren't aware.

I have 4 characters I farm on every day. 2 farm motes of harmony and are tailors. 2 farm windwool cloth and mail what they farm to the tailors. The tailors use the mats to make imperial silk via silk worms and song of harmony as they accumulate motes of harmony.

Takes about 20 minutes to run through all 4 and I feel is a much better use of time than endlessly grinding those mats.

My main character currently has all 28 slot bags on him, and in his bank. I have about 300 imperial silk waiting to be converted into more bags, just haven't decided if I want to deck out my alts banks with them or sell on the AH.

It can be skipped and won't be relevant in WoD. - Garrison will have it's own farm or another zone will have a farm.

It's not hard to unlock with the amount of dailies and you can find the blue items for each NPC almost none stop if you spend a few hours flying around.

It's worth doing for an extra bit of gold once it's all unlocked, but at this stage of MoP, you aren't missing out on anything by not touching it going into WoD.

I'd do it though if I was you, and you don't mind a small grind, it's good to have.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would start it and see how you like it. There are a number of quests and things associated with it. For me, I enjoyed some of it, liked other parts a little less. Like most people it's not 100% pro or con either way. If you don't care for it it won't hurt you to skip it unless you're the type that likes to max out all reputations. In that case, the farm can help a lot with that once you get to the point where you do work orders. It's mostly busy work but I found it to be about a 65-35 good/bad thing. Overall I'm glad it was there in MoP and looking forward to seeing how they expand the concept with garrisons in WoD.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."