Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Cylom View Post
    Oh this so much
    I'm not really interested in garrisons unless I can build it the way I want
    well there are quite a few options for buildings. (minus racial buildings, they want to do it, just cant make it into launch.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigzoman20 View Post
    We are given choices in terms of zone where we place our garrison.

The only thing i'm currently worried about is that these choices will be narrowed. I can imagine strategic placement of a garrison in order to be closer to say, the main city.
    I also believe we're going to be able to determine where the structures go within your garrison as well, with I believe 3 different sized "plots" that hold different types of buildings (IE. Large plots may hold towers and keeps, while smaller plots can house professions, ect...), but it's our choice of which buildings go into those said plots.

Honestly I'm not expecting many "locations" within each new zone. To be honest - I'm going to be surprised if there's more than one, but I can't see anything more than 3 predetermined locations per zone.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cylom View Post
    Oh this so much
    I'm not really interested in garrisons unless I can build it the way I want
    I'm getting the distinct impression that Garrisons might be also a form of "restructuring" of features we had in MoP. For example, the bonus loot rolls via tokens in MoP will most likely not be around in WoD, but instead could be replaced by Garrisons allowing you to send your followers off on "raids". Thus the "follower raid" might become the WoD version of bonus loot rolls, so to speak.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jonsse View Post
    Imagine if blizzard would have stated "Dailies are going to be heavily integrated in to the game in mists"

A statement like that is always worrisome.
    Specially in light of the many debacles presented to us in Mists.

If it's more like the Farm then I'm happy. The farm was one of the good parts of Mists. I personally am not that worried about it. There are many other aspects of the game that are ripe for mucking about by less than visionary minds.
    Ummm... they actually did pretty much state that. In fact, that was the very same moment they announced they're removing the Daily Quest Cap.

http://wow.joystiq.com/2012/05/24/daily-quest-cap-to-be-removed-100s-of-daily-quests-at-level-9/
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Current plan is to remove the daily quest cap completely for ship. Just like what you see in the beta now. We literally have 100's of daily quests at level 90 and we want to make sure that players can pick and choose what they want to do.
    - - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Destil View Post
    Can someone PLEASE explain this logic to me?

Why is EVERY PIECE OF CONTENT in WoW MANDATORY?

Please.

Someone.

Why is it in ONLY WOW everyone thinks the content is mandatory?

I have seen MULTIPLE other games with the SAME exact features and I don't see them bitching that it's mandatory?

Can someone please explain it to me???
    Because Garrisons MIGHT be potentially "required" to be part of a progression end-game raiding guild via the "bonus loot rolls" of sending your followers off into "raids".

Any extra avenue for gear upgrades = the perception that it is required to be an "efficient raider".

....hey man... don't look at me like that - both you and I know and understand you should play the game at YOUR pace and at YOUR way, but sadly WoW/Blizz has bred a LOT of contempt towards this silly notion of "competing" with your neighbors for gear/loot/whatever. This is why you get guildies who see people doing pet battles and calling them "bads" because they're not spending that time acquiring new gear/min-maxing their gear potential.

You are worrying too much. I can imagine for example crafting a la daily jc can end up in the garrison. Bonus loot rolls... Not so much (do we even know if bonus rolls will still be in WoD?)

Oh boy more mandatory crap that all of my characters are going to have to do if I want to remain competitive. Dailies 3.0 guys, get ready.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragashii View Post
    Oh boy more mandatory crap that all of my characters are going to have to do if I want to remain competitive. Dailies 3.0 guys, get ready.
    Overreacting much? It is really not that important with raiding. It takes four to seven days to get a raid piece. Also longer to get at team to raid it, and geared.
    Last edited by eillas; 2013-12-27 at 09:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by eillas View Post
    see post 109. As you are making this out to be a way bigger deal than it sounds.
    So i went back to post 109 and my point stands. You still have to do them whether you want to or not. Stop acting so smart.

Quote Originally Posted by Caliph View Post
    So i went back to post 109 and my point stands. You still have to do them whether you want to or not. Stop acting so smart.
    How? All it offers is new professions, and the piece of gear is pretty much optional.

10+ Year Old Account
    Blizz In-game store... will help speed up garrison,making grinding easy (foresee it). Will be needed for something important no doubt

Blizzard is anti raid-logging after Cata. That's why they got rid of the cauldrons for instance. Expecting to be able to farm heroic dungeons gear week 1 and never log on except for raid will never happen again.

Quote Originally Posted by dragon171 View Post
    Blizz In-game store... will help speed up garrison,making grinding easy (foresee it). Will be needed for something important no doubt
    how so? they didnt put in the exp pot and coins bag in non Asia servers.

Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Only if it offers an advantage in raiding.
    But it's still your choice to use that advantage.
    You can always chose to NOT use it.

During TBC I had to do Arena so I could get upgrades for PvE, I hate Arenas.
    It was a personal choice, I could always scale down on my 'hardcoreness', but I didn't want to.

It's called "hardcore raiding" for a reason, complaining about every little thing you have to do is complaining about the idea behind 'hardcore raiding'.
    This is one of the best posts I have seen regarding "requirements" for hardcore raiding. It's just the truth of it it literally doesn't matter what they implement if it at all feeds into an advantage the hardcore will require it. if spinning in circles for an hour a day gave you a a buff that was considered a raiding advantage you can bet a hardcore guild would require all raiders to log on early on raid days to do the spin.

I have a feeling that all they meant was that setting a garrison up would be a basic part of the leveling process regardless of zone path. Like how you had to go through the ten minute Shattrath tour on every alt in order to use the city's services in TBC. It's probably a major city, story-wise and gameplay-wise, like the Dragonmaw village in Twilight Highlands or somesuch. But with that said, if you have to fully maximize it in order to raid, or do anything else, I will be extremely surprised. The most important functions will probably be unlocked on the first day. And thanks to how modular it is, you can pick which structures to build first, which means the ones that are most important to you will be done much quicker than it takes for the entire fort to be completed.

Quote Originally Posted by Xayl1 View Post
    This is one of the best posts I have seen regarding "requirements" for hardcore raiding. It's just the truth of it it literally doesn't matter what they implement if it at all feeds into an advantage the hardcore will require it. if spinning in circles for an hour a day gave you a a buff that was considered a raiding advantage you can bet a hardcore guild would require all raiders to log on early on raid days to do the spin.
    Spinning in a circle does give you a buff for raiding though. It releases stress from that 1% wipe to heroic spine because you didn't get any procs at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigzoman20 View Post
    ...The burden will be put on me to have a place for them all to hang out/provide with shit. So the hasty construction of my garrison is going to be mandatory for me anyway...
    I feel your pain. My extra guild banks and banks are filled with stuff family members 'might' need, lol
    My main issue with garrison is that after the xpac has run its course, I will still need to go back to Draenor of 30+ years ago just to access it.

Update: Once we get garrisons, am pretty certain we will want to keep them. If the next xpac takes place on Azeroth, what then for my workers and resources that need to be gathered.
    Last edited by Dooney; 2013-12-28 at 04:11 AM.
    -I lost 6 million of my best friends because of Cataclysm. I will NEVER forgive Blizz for that.
    -There ain't enough tequila in the universe to forget the insanity I experienced with Mists of Pandaria.