Need some Destro help please!

Hello to all the Warlocks here

I would like some help for our warlock and to see where she can improve in general and most noticeably on Thok... I don't quite understand the DPS there due to 2 devo auras and a barrier. We do have some overall DPS issues though, considering our Ilvl and progress, I feel we still kill some Bosses way to slow, so trying to grab tips for them for after this Christmas break, as it's definitely needed! So this isn't picking on her or others individually, I just want everyone to do better for when we get back into progression

Will link our whole calendar so you can choose which bosses you would like to see..

Logs - http://worldoflogs.com/guilds/271528/

Armory - http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...celin/advanced

Any tips or advice for her on any / all bosses would be greatly appreciated... Considering our progress and wanting to progress further, I feel hers and a couple others should improve more and hopefully this break will give them the time to practice and start fresh for Thok heroic onwards.

Hopefully i'll get some good advice
    Last edited by Hound02; 2013-12-20 at 01:55 AM.

Deleted
    If you posted the issue here, i'm sure you'd get more responses.

Last time I posted the issue, i just got told to look at the others members...! (Which I already do, but hey :P) but I'll link the logs again

Would just like help on our warlock and to see where she can improve in general and most noticeably on Thok... I don't quite understand the DPS there due to 2 devo auras and a barrier. We do have some DPS issues though, considering our Ilvl and progress, I feel we still kill some Bosses way to slow, so trying to grab tips for them for after this Christmas break, as it's definitely needed!

Will link our whole calendar so you can choose which bosses you would like to see..

Logs - http://worldoflogs.com/guilds/271528/

Any tips or advice for her on any / all bosses would be greatly appreciated... Considering our progress and wanting to progress further, I feel hers and a couple others should improve more and hopefully this break will give them the time to practice and start fresh for Thok heroic onwards.

Hopefully i'll get some good advice

(Will edit main post for this!)
    Last edited by Hound02; 2013-12-20 at 01:56 AM.

Deleted
    Oh, I remember you. I was the one who told you to check your other members. This is one of the things that matters, but I'll try to comment her performance without mentioning others this time.
    The biggest surprise was Galakras, she should do much more there. I compared her logs with mine and it seems like she's not using enough Havoc and Shadowburn. Probably the same on other bosses too. Destro is all about this stuff so she should use them. I'm not the best and fastest player anyway and my latest Galakras kill took 3 mins longer than yours, but the log says 14 Havocs, 102 Shadowburns, she did 1 Havoc, 30 Shadowburns.
    Here's a little something that might help her:

Code:
    /cast [@mouseover, nodead, harm, exists] Havoc; Havoc

Now for the gear and setup, she'd be better with a bit higher haste and KTT trinket, but I understand it's easy to say "get a trinket". She should be rolling coin on trinket bosses though. Also on some fights (Galakras again for example) it's cool to use the cleave trinket.

Immolate uptimes are quite bad, they are even worse than mine, and tbh they are nothing to brag about.

Quote Originally Posted by Deyana View Post
    Oh, I remember you. I was the one who told you to check your other members. This is one of the things that matters, but I'll try to comment her performance without mentioning others this time.
    The biggest surprise was Galakras, she should do much more there. I compared her logs with mine and it seems like she's not using enough Havoc and Shadowburn. Probably the same on other bosses too. Destro is all about this stuff so she should use them. I'm not the best and fastest player anyway and my latest Galakras kill took 3 mins longer than yours, but the log says 14 Havocs, 102 Shadowburns, she did 1 Havoc, 30 Shadowburns.
    Here's a little something that might help her:

Code:
    /cast [@mouseover, nodead, harm, exists] Havoc; Havoc

Now for the gear and setup, she'd be better with a bit higher haste and KTT trinket, but I understand it's easy to say "get a trinket". She should be rolling coin on trinket bosses though. Also on some fights (Galakras again for example) it's cool to use the cleave trinket.
    It's no problem It was mostly to help our Warlock out though! If you know how to improve the other players we have, feel free to PM, I'd like to help everyone in our raid team improve.

So far, work on immolate uptimes, use more havocs and shadowburn - How about her Chaos Bolt usage? Compared to most locks I see, there Chaos Bolt is top dmg by far, it's usually second / sometimes first atm.. Maybe that's due to losing out on possible embers?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hound02 View Post
    So far, work on immolate uptimes, use more havocs and shadowburn - How about her Chaos Bolt usage? Compared to most locks I see, there Chaos Bolt is top dmg by far, it's usually second / sometimes first atm.. Maybe that's due to losing out on possible embers?
    Well, her single target (Juggernaut) seems fine so she knows how to use Immolate and Chaos bolt, but checking at Protectors, the uptime of Immolate is too low and also too few Chaos bolts there. Chaos bolt is 2nd DPET for warlocks and Immolate is 3rd, so let her multidot there and spam Chaos bolts a lot and Havoc on cooldown.
    Her simdps is a bit sad too, hope she will get heroic Bindings and KTT soon. And drop some crit in favor of haste.

Quote Originally Posted by Hound02 View Post
    It's no problem It was mostly to help our Warlock out though! If you know how to improve the other players we have, feel free to PM, I'd like to help everyone in our raid team improve.

Chaos bolt isnt supposed to be highest by far, it should be equal with incinerate, well depending on talent, but with KJC (which is the superior talent in most cases in SoO, unless you are extremely good at avoiding movement.) incinerate should out damage chaos bolt if only slightly. But yeah there is slightly too few, its not very very bad, but its not good by any means

she didn't use unending resolve that provides 8 sec of no interrupts, along with the damage reduction (on a 3min cd), although for Thok, you glyph it, reducing the cd to 2 mins with only 20% DR (instead of 40% unglyphed). This allows her much better time for uptime on boss. i found a stopcasting on fel flame to be useful, so you can FF when he's casting. Make sure Devo is being called, or that she's tracking it in some way, and doesn't overlap your double devo with her unending resolve

Generally save a UR use for bats but use it to build embers and F&B immo/incinerate. Once you have things near execute range havoc (glyph'd please) thok, and 6x shadowburn the bats. Use UR during the first go round whenever you get a good trinket proc + ember stockpile + gap in the devo's (make a weak aura to show them).

Not to be too bitchy here, but why are you posting here instead of the warlock herself? If she wants to improve, she needs to interface with other locks and learn. If she doesn't care and lets you do the research for her, there's not much improvement gonna be had.

Brusalk's guide is an excellent start, and of course there are a lot of locks here who are glad to help but (and this is key) the one asking for help needs to do some basic research themselves. Being a good warlock can't be spoon-fed or gleaned from a quick "I need help" post. It is a constant assessment and reassessment of performance and keeping your finger on the pulse of what's happening in the game. Then you can start to understand how you (the warlock) are maximizing your use of what you've got--and what you should be looking to improve (gear/stats/approach, etc).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by theburned View Post
    Chaos bolt isnt supposed to be highest by far, it should be equal with incinerate, well depending on talent, but with KJC (which is the superior talent in most cases in SoO, unless you are extremely good at avoiding movement.) incinerate should out damage chaos bolt if only slightly. But yeah there is slightly too few, its not very very bad, but its not good by any means
    Chaos bolt should be your highest damage source. Unless you have shit trinkets and don't take Sac. But Sac is just so good at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Liquidsteel View Post
    Chaos bolt should be your highest damage source. Unless you have shit trinkets and don't take Sac. But Sac is just so good at the moment.
    my sim has incinerate higher than chaos bolt, and they are very similar changing depending on RNG, also sac isn't particularly good before you get KTT, after you get it though, it is a must.

Also yes it should be higher on any fight where you can gain more embers with FnB, RoF or SB
    Last edited by theburned; 2013-12-23 at 02:45 PM.

just a note here for the cb incinerate arguement. It all depends on your build. For my lock incinerate is my highest most of the times as i use kjc and have a mast-haste-crit build. Another lock in my guild uses the one that gives two darksouls( havent used in so long i forget the name) and he just recently switched to the mast-haste-crit build. For him we have seen that cb is usually higher for him but this may also be due to the fact that he has the heroic warforged bindings and i just 2 weeks got the normal bindings due to work constraints. Other than that our gear levels are about the same, mine being 566 and his 564. So it really is about playstyle and build since we both do roughly around the same dps ( i pushed ahead once i got my normal immerseus...hehe) and the difference between the two damage amounts are almost exact. One particular pull we looked at his cb's did 7mill more dmg than mine and my incin's did 7mill more damage than his. If i remember correctly that pull our overall dps was within hundreds of each other so we had to check.