Deleted

Is there a way to slow-down an addon explicitly?

I'm fed up with some addon authors and their insistence in creating a useful addon that must be working ALWAYS, even in raiding.

Is there a way to slow down an addon or even make it go very dormant when in certain areas, not in combat, etc.?

I'm very experienced in programming in general but not on these addons, can I just sleep() somewhere easily?

The only way to set a function like an addon not being present in combat would be for the author to code that. Even if you knew LUA coding well, adding something like that to an addon could potentially break it.

What you could do, though, is use an in-game addon manager. Curse has a few of them. I'm not really sure which is the best, as I don't use them.

It's not the most elegant solution; but you could go in and turn off an addon while you're raiding, then turn it back on when you're done. It's a little bit of extra tedium, but it would work.

You can make a macro in game or make a button in Lua that will disable/enable the addon and reload your UI. But there's not really anything you can do to make it automatic unless you dig deep into its code and alter it.