Thread: Firecat

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Shyzhi View Post
    Yep... i use to use Leyara's locket on my moonkin (dunno if worked for feral?) so it feels as if it was scripted so we COULDNT use it.. it sounds like complete crap to make it so we can use the forms aswell "Oh its alot of script" maybe it is but it aint fair that a whole class cant use any of the "fun" items in WoW. Ok as moonkin i can use smite item and that is it..
    That's the thing; Blizzard clearly has the ability to make forms work with transformation items. However it just seems that they can't be arsed to change the code on a few items to allow them to work for Druids.

I will gladly trade not looking special 5% of the time for not looking like crap 95% of the time.

On one hand I would really like to see a gminor lyph that would do that, but in the other hand, then every single feral druid in azeroth would look like that, cause everyone would take it if it was a glyph

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dumaw View Post
    On one hand I would really like to see a gminor lyph that would do that, but in the other hand, then every single feral druid in azeroth would look like that, cause everyone would take it if it was a glyph
    The exact same was said when the seeds became known.

Deleted
    Id settle for having shapeshift item appear if we had glyph of stars (which I think they already do? Someone correct me please), and then have all transformation items persist through shapeshift like firecat does. That would mean that if you wanted the transform, you'd keep it even when you popped incarnation.

Deleted
    the buff lasts as long as combat lasts, so macro a weapon swap in.

Start combat with the fire staff equipped, then hit your weapon swap macro.....

At least it used to work, not tried it in mop as my druid sat round unused until lately and then went boomkin/resto, but will give it a try later.

- YEP still works!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Trubo View Post
    That's the thing; Blizzard clearly has the ability to make forms work with transformation items. However it just seems that they can't be arsed to change the code on a few items to allow them to work for Druids.
    used to work!

I tanked half of firelands as a firedruid transform whilst still functionally in bear form.....
    Last edited by mmoc37d54b0df8; 2014-01-07 at 03:34 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by takeshiIsu View Post
    the buff lasts as long as combat lasts, so macro a weapon swap in.

Start combat with the fire staff equipped, then hit your weapon swap macro.....

At least it used to work, not tried it in mop as my druid sat round unused until lately and then went boomkin/resto, but will give it a try later.
    It does work, but when I was using it on HC vizier progress (back in HoF), my weapon didn't swap back to my main weapon, ever since then I don't bother, just in case it happens again.

Quote Originally Posted by Moosie View Post
    It does work, but when I was using it on HC vizier progress (back in HoF), my weapon didn't swap back to my main weapon, ever since then I don't bother, just in case it happens again.
    Yeah, swapping gear in combat has been a known issue for a long time now. PvP Warriors had it the worst, hence the reason Blizzard removed the Shield requirement for Spell Reflection and Shield Wall.

I don't inherently hate the idea of alternate cat forms, but I feel it should be a challenge. The firecat method is fine- it's clearly meant to prevent the full time use of cat form fire. But it's hardly ideal as the only solution to the issue of cat customization.

Blizzard is very shy about cosmetic things. But assume:

1- An alternate cat form available for 100,000 gold.
    2- An alternate cat form available first or second tier of WoD, requiring play similar to the green fire chain.
    3- An alternate cat form as a rare world drop or something, boe.

Would these feel cool or punishing?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Verain View Post
    I don't inherently hate the idea of alternate cat forms, but I feel it should be a challenge. The firecat method is fine- it's clearly meant to prevent the full time use of cat form fire. But it's hardly ideal as the only solution to the issue of cat customization.

Blizzard is very shy about cosmetic things. But assume:

1- An alternate cat form available for 100,000 gold.
    2- An alternate cat form available first or second tier of WoD, requiring play similar to the green fire chain.
    3- An alternate cat form as a rare world drop or something, boe.

Would these feel cool or punishing?
    1 - A straight up gold sink? No, no skill in that at all.
    2 - Ideally, but I dont think the devs would put this in, too much time for them, and hard to fit lore around it. Correct me if im wrong but green fire was lore purpose? We've already killed Majordomo, which they could have put lore around it, but I don't think it would work now.
    3 - Maybe, depends how hard/rare it is.
    Last edited by mmoca8c3a8c487; 2014-01-07 at 05:12 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Flame cat would get old (at least for me) if it were a constant thing like a minor glyph (at least PvP-wise), furthermore if that were the only cosmetic glyph available. That being said, I'd LOVE it if there were numerous glyphs for ferals to change up their forms, flame, shadowy, lightning (think the lightning warg Skoll or whatever from WotLK), to show armor, etc... mix it up. I've been playing feral since like May of 05, I looked like the same cat for years up until Ulduar when they revamped them with what? Like 5 color options. And have been looking at the same cat since the day Cata went live and a race switched to Worgen... It sucks always getting only partial use of stuff like transmog.
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fahrenheit View Post
    Flame cat would get old (at least for me) if it were a constant thing like a minor glyph (at least PvP-wise), furthermore if that were the only cosmetic glyph available. That being said, I'd LOVE it if there were numerous glyphs for ferals to change up their forms, flame, shadowy, lightning (think the lightning warg Skoll or whatever from WotLK), to show armor, etc... mix it up. I've been playing feral since like May of 05, I looked like the same cat for years up until Ulduar when they revamped them with what? Like 5 color options. And have been looking at the same cat since the day Cata went live and a race switched to Worgen... It sucks always getting only partial use of stuff like transmog.
    When they say add a "fire cat glyph", normally they would also expect the devs to branch out and add things like "armour glyph" "worgen cat form as nelf and vise versa". It's within capabilities of the devs to do and wouldn't harm anyone in doing so. It's not like people are trying to push for full customized armour forms like they did when xmog was 1st announced. Saying that druid forms must have separate armour on them, It would require far to much work to be possible. While it sounds extremely cool, it's just not in the realms of possibility. A minor glyph to change our cat form into one already in the game is just reasonable, at the end of the day, isn't that what they wanted them to be?

What if we just get our paws, head and shoulders covered with our current gear/xmog just as incarnation does and create a glyph to disable that? Or viceversa? So we get to enjoy some of the pieces we're using while shapeshifted.

I don't think it would be too hard to implement, they basicly just got it with Incarnation but with a fix armor (druid's T5).

Firecat should stay as it is, imho, you want it? go get the seeds, it isn't hard anyway.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LeyrHao View Post
    I don't think it would be too hard to implement, they basicly just got it with Incarnation but with a fix armor (druid's T5).
    The problem is it is realy hard to implement, Incanation is not adding the T5 gear on our bodies, instead is a completly new model.

its realy hard to properly allign & size our gear to fit a big gear and a small feraline cat, the models where never made for that.
    TREE DURID IS 4 PEE

Deleted
    The ONLY thing I would say they could do is make the new challenge mode gear give ferals, guardians, moonkins and maybe trees an armour form when you got the whole set equip, this would give us a reason to farm gold CMs, and at the beginning of an xpac, would be rare too.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Moosie View Post
    The ONLY thing I would say they could do is make the new challenge mode gear give ferals, guardians, moonkins and maybe trees an armour form when you got the whole set equip, this would give us a reason to farm gold CMs, and at the beginning of an xpac, would be rare too.
    I agree. Also you should get yourself a weak aura that shows when you don't have a certain weapon equipped ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Karlzone View Post
    I agree. Also you should get yourself a weak aura that shows when you don't have a certain weapon equipped ^^
    Equipment swapping in combat is buggy, read Moosie's earlier post as to why they don't bother with it anymore or look at DPS Warrior defensive complaints pre-5.4 in PvP.

Deleted
    Equipment swapping in combat is buggy, read Moosie's earlier post as to why they don't bother with it anymore or look at DPS Warrior defensive complaints pre-5.4 in PvP.
    Is still buggy? I have not had any problems with HotW weapons swaps at all. Care to explain?

Quote Originally Posted by Karlzone View Post
    Is still buggy? I have not had any problems with HotW weapons swaps at all. Care to explain?
    In Arenas it was an uncommon, but experienced, issue for Warriors that swapped gear to enable Shield Wall/Spell Reflection to be unable to re-swap back to their original gear or have abilities greyed out, essentially making them dead weight. For Druids it probably isn't nearly as big a deal since the only two reasons I can think of for swapping in combat would be HotW (as you mentioned) or to enable Druid of the Flame via Fandral's Flamescythe at start of fight. Considering Moosie has posted saying that he had an issue with the later during a Heroic Vizier attempt when it was current content I can agree with him that it's not worth risking screwing yourself for an attempt just for the cosmetic effect.

Deleted
    In Arenas it was an uncommon, but experienced, issue for Warriors that swapped gear to enable Shield Wall/Spell Reflection to be unable to re-swap back to their original gear or have abilities greyed out, essentially making them dead weight. For Druids it probably isn't nearly as big a deal since the only two reasons I can think of for swapping in combat would be HotW (as you mentioned) or to enable Druid of the Flame via Fandral's Flamescythe at start of fight. Considering Moosie has posted saying that he had an issue with the later during a Heroic Vizier attempt when it was current content I can agree with him that it's not worth risking screwing yourself for an attempt just for the cosmetic effect.
    The issue wasn't as bad as that, simply my macro didn't work when I pressed it once, one time, and even if I had of noticed with a WA, it would still take atleast a few GCDs to realise, it's just not worth it imo. I simply use the seeds for kill shots now, until we get a better more stable method for fire cat. It's just not worth it imo atm, even with a very small risk of it happening, it's more of a risk then not doing it, so I just don't bother. If im feeling adventurous, i'll pop a seed during a raid, but it's few and far between.
    Last edited by mmoca8c3a8c487; 2014-01-08 at 09:29 PM.