15+ Year Old Account

Question Timeless isle burden pieces or set bonus?

I'm confused about this and I got different answers in guild so..

What is best? Going for timeless isle piece burden gear (if it has the right stats) or set bonus pieces.

Timeless isle pieces is ilvl 535 instead of 528 but I miss the set bonuses for my characters.

Deleted
    Always go for item level. Calculations are just boring and people will only look at your item level when you want to join stuff.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    IMO double upgrade the LFR rather than use timeless.

I would think the lfr set bonuses (2/2 upgraded) per piece would be better than having a slight stat boost per timeless item, just cus, hell, set bonus > no set bonus, lol

but I could be wrong, Im too sleepy for math right now and some set bonuses could suck a lot I guess.
    "If the people who are trying to destroy this world aren't taking a day off, then why should I?"

-Bob Marley

Deleted
    you ofc go for the flex/normal mode set-bonus....

Use the 528 gear it should be better any way since it should have gem sockets the lack of sockets on the 535 is crap
    Nixs

Deleted
    The timeless stuff is just for catching-up. Once you're in level range to do SoO LFR/Flex you can forget about the gear on the Isle (apart from Celestials and Ordos, those you should still do religiously).

Quote Originally Posted by syltkaka View Post
    Always go for item level. Calculations are just boring and people will only look at your item level when you want to join stuff.
    what your not considering is that most of the 535 items suck, the 528 items from LFR have much better stats on them as the only thing you lose is a little of you main stat but gain much more in others. Its easy enough to get 550 ilvl anyway and thats what most groups want. High ilvl in crappy optimized gear will be worse off that slightly lower item lvl in good optimized gear.

Deleted
    But arent the 535 "burdon" items also random in stats?
    I dont use timeless gear since I have normal/HC gear but as I understand it you can only apply it to an un-used item (before you cans ee the random stats)?

In my experience, timeless gear is never better than anything dropped in SoO, unless you get really lucky with the right stat combination.
    Tier set bonusses almost always give a HUGE boost to your output. (Though sometimess just the 2 set and not the 4 set.)

Deleted
    Burden if you pug, set bonus if you do LFR or belong to a guild.

Ilvl > actual gear value when pugging.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Simple057 View Post
    Use the 528 gear it should be better any way since it should have gem sockets the lack of sockets on the 535 is crap
    I hear people gripe about the lack of sockets on gear, but I wonder if they realize that the sockets (filled with gems) and bonus are included in the item's stat budget.

Sockets give you a little flexibility with trading primary for secondary stats, and the stat budget is for uncommon not rare gems, so rare gems also give you a small amount more stat than would be on the piece if it had no sockets. But in general, an item with the right stats is just fine regardless where it comes from.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by syltkaka View Post
    Sadly, this is almost always the case.