10+ Year Old Account

Price check on a PC build

Hi there. Seeing as I have no idea about computers I thought I'd ask you guys if the following is a fair deal:

Motherboard H87 Express, DDR3, sound, S-ATA, G-LAN, PCI-E, USB 3.0, D-SUB, DVI, HDMI, mATX, s. 1150
    RAM memory PC-12800, 4 GB, G.SKILL Ripjaw series, F3-12800CL9S-4GBRL, DDR3 1600MHz (Times two)
    Generic Logitech mouse, keyboard and speakers
    Processor INTEL Core i2 4130 BOX, s. 1150, 3.4GHz, 3MB cache, GPU, Dual Core
    DVD+/-RW
    1000 GB hard disk, SATA3, 64MB cache, 7200 RPM
    Grapic card PCI-E GeForce GTX 650, 1GB DDR5, DualDVI, HDMI, D-SUB, HDTV
    Windows 8 (I'd really go with 7 though...)
    eScan Internet Security, 1 User, OEM

I got this offer for something under 1k dollars... Does that sound fine for you? I'm thinking quad core processor would be better?

I'd really appreciate the help =)
    And even though it's reached new heights, I rather like the restless nights. It makes me wonder, makes me think there's more to this, I'm on the brink. It's not the fear of what's beyond, it's just that I might not respond! I have an interest, almost craving, would I like to get to far in?!

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...cn=Revolutions

BATTLEMASTER (After 3.3.5 nerf) REVOLUTIONS REPORTING IN.
    Wielder of The Scepter of Shifting Sands, Hand of Ragnaros, and Shadowmourne. Bringer of 66 minute kings.

10+ Year Old Account
    Are you buying? Selling? What is "Under 1k"? Is it $1? $999?

I just checked, and the parts brand new cost $550. Prebuilt for you, new, I wouldn't pay more than ~$600. Used, probably not more than $350.
    Last edited by chazus; 2013-12-31 at 08:34 PM.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chazus View Post
    Are you buying? Selling? What is "Under 1k"? Is it $1? $999?

I just checked, and the parts brand new cost $550. Prebuilt for you, new, I wouldn't pay more than ~$600. Used, probably not more than $350.
    I am buying. And under 1k is 949$.

I got the offer from a store so it's brand new. And I was wondering if it was a fair price or exremely overpriced. I have come to realize it's a tad bit overpriced.... But seeing as I have no knowledge with building PCs I'll just have to figure something out...
    And even though it's reached new heights, I rather like the restless nights. It makes me wonder, makes me think there's more to this, I'm on the brink. It's not the fear of what's beyond, it's just that I might not respond! I have an interest, almost craving, would I like to get to far in?!

10+ Year Old Account
    learning to build is super easy, honestly... But even if you can't, that price is a ripoff. You can get a much better prebuilt, or a much cheaper system for the same price.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

Deleted
    Actually, it might not be a rip-off. It depends almost entirely on the market prices in Croatia and other local countries. It's exorbitant by UK and US standards, though.