High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account

Question Why is shadowcraft telling me to reforge to crit when mastery has a higher weight?

Hello there, I am fairly new to MoP rogue.

I mainly play assassination as my main spec. My armory is http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...illah/advanced

Now my problem is that when I use shadowcraft, it shows my stat weights as Mastery > Crit, however, when I hit auto-reforge all, it makes me reforge into crit on certain items (neck/trinket1) instead of the obvious Mastery.

Now is this because of some crit cap that is a dps boost or am I simply not using shadowcraft properly?

Thank you for your time and replies.

It's mastery > crit after your reforge. Before your reforge it was crit > mastery.

Increasing one stat will increase the value of all the other stats, and because in some gear sets for assassination, all of the uncapped secondary stats are close. What happened was that crit was slightly better than mastery, so it reforged based on that and it increased the value of mastery to more than crit. You were seeing the stats after reforging. Before you hit the auto reforge button it was crit > mastery.

10+ Year Old Account
    so glad reforge is going away, because of this reason here.
    Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    I do realize that this is an internet forum full of morons, however in real life, no one questions me, people look to me for the answer, look up to me, trust me. To have dipshits on a video game forum question me, is insulting.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Thank you shadowboy, that makes sense.