Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Does anyone else think it's sexist how they make Sylvanas wear heals in this game?

This isn't a special case either. I don't know what's wrong with devs when they think that women need to be in a tank top and heals. I'm just saying, Sylvanas is never shown wearing any heals. She's a ranger general for fucks sake. The heels are not only degrading to strong female characters, but pure sexism in a male driven development environment.
    Thoughts?

edit: sorry, this was meant for the heroes of the storm board. move please.

I don't see a problem with it. High Heels are sexy as hell. Don't get me wrong I don't like Sylvanas but the heels are the one thing she has going for her. Besides what a 'strong female character' does less for their character then what they themselves do. I'm sure most of the Sylvanas fans aren't fans because she's in heels...

Deleted
    Yeah or maybe not.

In the words of everyone who has been playing games for much longer than anyone who cares about Sexism: Literally no one at Blizzard cares and neither do I.

Take a social agenda to congress, not game developers.

10+ Year Old Account
    no

because they're just shoes
    Quote Originally Posted by Zombiebob
    I'm still waiting on someone to tell me where all these people that suddenly care about Warrior balance were during Cataclysm when they were blow up dolls with plate armor on.
    Quote Originally Posted by cutterx2202 View Post
    Stop complaining to solve your lack of ability, and start reading and practicing to gain ability. Stop trying to bring people down to your level instead of striving to raise yours.

Who's making her? Can't it be a choice like for women IRL?
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

Looks like she's wearing the same old boots she always wears.

10+ Year Old Account
    Is this seriously a thread?!...Honestly?....Its a fucking video game! Please, be more productive, and complain about shit that ACTUALLY matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Baracuda View Post
    Who's making her? Can't it be a choice like for women IRL?
    Well the fact that she's fictional means she is being forced against her will... Oh wait she doesn't have a will. My bad! It's a game set in a fictional world full of fictional characters and yet we get threads like this all the time. No ones listening to them yelling from their soap box on 'important matters' so they have to bend that stuff to fit into a fictional setting so they can get back up on said soap box.

Edit: Just saw the OPs edit to their post... *facepalm* You mean the art one card in a card game (that's just re-using the art from the IRL card game that was going) is why this is a thread. Again it's Blizzards art and they want to put a little sex appeal on the characters. That's why armor looks the way it does.
    Last edited by Spraxle; 2014-01-02 at 04:16 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I enjoy how no on realizes she's just wearing boots.

It's only cosplayers that do the whole heels thing, not blizz.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah those are boots...heels are ugly as fk anyway.

she don't have high heels but the queen of blades does
    Last edited by mizeri; 2014-01-02 at 05:01 AM.

*heels

Quote Originally Posted by Quetzl View Post
    Yeah those are boots...heels are ugly as fk anyway.
    The shoe is for the lady, what it does to the legs and ass is what it does for a guy. Believe me when I tell you that if you like women then you like high heels more than you know.
    Is this where the header goes?

15+ Year Old Account
    He's talking about Heroes of the Storm.

Yes it's sexist

No don't post about it on this website. It is full of [redacted]

Sorry OP

10+ Year Old Account
    It's a video game. Your priorities are definitely off.

Totally. It is so sexist that Thrall doesn't get to wear heels, and my main man Varian could totally rock the platforms.

I think it's sexist to assume that because she's a woman she would be heals.

OT: No, it would be more sexist if ALL female characters wore heels. A single female character wearing heels? Not sexist. Additional height improves visibility!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiili View Post
    Murder can be justified and to a certain extent I believe genocide can be justified aswell.

10+ Year Old Account
    My plate armor barely covers my Draenei's nipples and we're worried about Sylvanas' shoe choice?

Werk those shoes gurrlllll.

15+ Year Old Account
    Heals? Yup, pretty much 85% of wow girls I know of play a healer :P So yeah, that's sexist!

My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!