Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account

What animations annoy you the most from the old races that you'd like to see redone?

We all have these certain animations from the old races by which we hate or we get annoyed from the most. That being said, I heard that they're going to rework all the animations for the old races and even if they won't, what anim would you like to see changed? Mine would be night elf casting and if that doesn't get changed in WoD then I'm gonna be pissed.

Male Night Elf for me.

Male Night Elf walk/run, and the casting is just god awful. So is the female dwarf casting animation. The walk animation in general for a few classes really bug me sometimes.

any of the old races falling animations really irk me

10+ Year Old Account
    I detest Human Males and Night Elf Males animations/models the most of all the races. Hoping they can do something interesting with Tauren Females, model-wise.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not so much wanting anything redone as much as I want ROGUE POISON PROC ANIMATION BACK

*~nostalgia~*

Night Elf double-handed casting is pretty goofy though. That's honestly the only animation that really feels awkward, that I can think of right now at least.

10+ Year Old Account
    ANY human female animations.
    So dull and lifeless. >.<

Not an animation, but the way Blood Elf males wear shoulders. There's no point to a shoulderguard when the entirety of both my arms are visible by just looking at me from the front. Shoulder models need to be fitted on the blood elf male model much better. We've been wearing them on the very tip inch of our shoulders and it looks so stupid.

female troll moves like a phone poll.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hmm, off the top of my head(do worgen/goblins count? If so):

Worgen male 2H animation. Is the main reason I don't like playing as Arms Warrior on mine. Or why I'd never wanna play a male Worgen DK.

Worgen male run animation. Looks just...weird.

Worgen male idle animation when he looks around/sniffs or just jarringly spazzes to look in one direction. The animation itself is fine but I find that it happens WAY too often. Worgen males are AWFUL at trying to model gear for me in the game's dressing room cause they never sit still. Model viewer helps when you just have them not move at all but I like to see what they look like while in-game, sitting there.

Night Elf male damage casting animation and the animation when a damaging spell finishes the cast.

Draenei male healing cast animation and the animation when it finishes. Don't mind it on its own but it looks odd when spammed.

Draenei female run animation when holding something like a sword on the hip looks odd to me as well. Swings around too much. Otherwise the animation is fine for me if it's like a staff/2H weapon on the back.

Otherwise I'm fine with most animations from male or female.
    Last edited by Ryuji; 2014-01-02 at 05:15 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sakpoth View Post
    I find it unreasonable to ask for other than obvious reasons, when the reason obviously is the obvious reason.
    Armory: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ch.../dalaran/ryuji

Song that's currently stuck in my head: pretty much anything from Dance With the Dead

The way tauren males tilt their dualwields slightly to the left when running.

The fighting stance of blood elf males when wielding a 2h sword/axe/mace. It's especially silly-looking with the latter two.
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

But was where Dalaran?

10+ Year Old Account
    Female Human casting poses. Most races have two sets of casting poses. Human females have one with a diffrent ending, reaching up or reaching forwards...

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by enchanted View Post
    We all have these certain animations from the old races by which we hate or we get annoyed from the most. That being said, I heard that they're going to rework all the animations for the old races and even if they won't, what anim would you like to see changed? Mine would be night elf casting and if that doesn't get changed in WoD then I'm gonna be pissed.
    * Tauren, everything. Animation, models, emotes, everything. Nuke it from orbit, only way to be sure.
    * Human female, everything.
    * Troll female, everything but casting.
    * Troll death, male and female.

I haven't played Alliance in so long that I can't remember their animations. But even one trip to battlegrounds makes me think "wow, human female animations are horrible...were these the first they did?"

On the other hand, I absolutely love undead animations, especially female flips. In fact I really hope those don't change much.
    The plural of anecdote is not "data". It's "Bayesian inference".

Everything that has to do with the worgen female.

....EVERYTHING

15+ Year Old Account
    I actually really like the Human Female casting animation :|

im apparently the only one.

-Male NElf hobbling walk.
    -Horde Hair.
    -Body proportions all round. Human Female barge thighs, Orc and Human DBZ muscle mass, etc etc.
    Last edited by -Ethos-; 2014-01-02 at 07:18 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Outside your window... sit up straighter, that's bad for your posture!
    The ditzy airhead animations for Night Elf Females. WTB Savage Amazonians.
    "Is it a crime to know the truth? Is it sin to reach for those things which you fear?" - Schwarzvald

Deleted
    Male nelf spell casting and female draenei 2h animations (urgh).

Hnngh, i really do miss my male troll dual wield animations...

15+ Year Old Account
    Where I want to be and where I am are 2 different places
    Trolls... Troll women run like they have a stick up their asses. Troll men give me a backache to watch. All the horde men have hunched backs except the goblins and the blood elves. All of the women look beat ass ugly except BE's. They really need to help that some.

Night elf male death animation. Just seems too over the top for my tastes.
    Also, the blood elf male 2hand animation....it just looks silly and the least appropriate way to wield a weapon like that

15+ Year Old Account
    female belf shooting(both bow/gun)
    troll female running
    orc female running(it just looks odd to me)