Deleted

[Shadow] haste cap und GCD problems

I play an non-goblin shadow priest. My gear is currently at ilvl ~565. My average ingame latency is always 8-10ms. I had my shadow reforged to maximum haste, which resulted in around 16400 haste. My gear didn't allow me to get any higher.

I was always able to cast Mind Blast or Vampiric Touch and when the cast bar had ~0,3s left cast some other spell, both instant casts and spells with casttime worked.

Last week I finally got the Garrosh haste trinket, so I was able to reach my hastecap. The best I could get from reforging was 18347 (50.33%), my Mind Blast casttime shows 0.998s in the tooltip.

This week I raided with 50.33% haste and noticed that many times when I cast Mind Blast or Vampiric Touch and try to cast something else during the casttime I will get an "action not ready" error.

Do any other shadow priests also have this problem?

My guess is that WoW tries to execute the 2nd spell directly after the first one has been cast, but since the first one only took 0.998s the game enforces the 1.0s GCD cap?

Would it be better to go below the hastecap and never a single point above? The best reforge I can get below cap is 17958.

Deleted
    You have reached the haste GCD cap with 18215 haste. Everything above may reduce your cast times, but not your GCD since its capped at 1sec.
    Try to drop 100 haste since haste after 18215 is basically wasted. You will always be a bit above 18215, but try to get as close as possible and dump more in crit/mastery.

Deleted
    I know my hastecap and I wasn't asking for a reforge lesson.

My question was if it is normal that things like this happen now and what I should or can do to prevent them.

It takes me far longer than those 0.002s to notice that the button I just pushed didn't get executed and I have to push it again.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SimpleTater View Post

My question was if it is normal that things like this happen now and what I should or can do to prevent them.

It takes me far longer than those 0.002s to notice that the button I just pushed didn't get executed and I have to push it again.
    I have the exact same issue with my Druid during Heroism, when Wrath becomes 0.7 sec cast. It's a thing you just have to get used to - spam the key a couple times and it'll feel alot smoother.

Deleted
    Aye, end up pressing some keys multiple times, mind blast pretty much just mash it till I see the castbar.

Also worth getting a castbar that shows the GCD for instants if you don't already

Quote Originally Posted by SimpleTater View Post

Maybe a reading comprehension lesson then:

Quote Originally Posted by Lazu View Post
    You have reached the haste GCD cap with 18215 haste. Everything above may reduce your cast times, but not your GCD since its capped at 1sec.
    You cast something under 1s. You push the next button. Server notices GCD won't be ready yet because you are over 18215 haste and your casts take less than the GCD. You get "action not ready". Push the button again. GCD is ready. GG.

i.e. Drop the extra haste.