Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'd just be like: meh.

Stupid question. My main character in the game is a druid. But I am not physically bound to that character. Whenever I want I can change to play some other class. If any other class got a new spec that would just add more content to the game for me as a player, so of course I'd like it. What's there not to like?

10+ Year Old Account
    I wouldn't care, some classes could use the extra utility.

Quote Originally Posted by TEHPALLYTANK View Post
    Cause the new ones with cata weren't new enough for you?
    The new models came in patch 3.1 or 3.2, early Wrath of the Lich King, not Cataclysm. While I like our current cat models, I could do with seeing some progression in them - I'm a 10/16 heroic SoO kitty that looks identical to a naked level 10. It's a bit 'meh' but not gamebreaking. Most of all, I want transmog armour particle effects to do something while we're in Cat/Bear/Moonkin - the armour is there to look good while we're actively doing stuff, but it doesn't 'do' anything for 3 of our 4 specs while in combat.

Druids have 4 specs because it fits into their lore... They're supposed to be shape-shifting denizens of nature that can change into an assortment of animals/beasts to accommodate any role... If you feel entitled to have another spec because of that then that's borderline idiotic.. Any other class getting another spec would not make any sense and would just remove more identity and diversity from the game itself.. Want to be able to tank/heal/melee dps/ranged dps? Food for thought: Main a Druid!
    Last edited by Pockitt; 2014-01-05 at 01:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nalira View Post
    I'd just be like: meh.
    ^that, more or less.

I'd then go play my melee hunter or mage hunter or whatever they have to make up to give that class a 4th spec.

Alternatively re-merge Feral and Guardian so I can enjoy doing 90%+ of a DPSer's DPS when I'm not currently tanking again .

Alternatively re-merge Feral and Guardian so I can enjoy doing 90%+ of a DPSer's DPS when I'm not currently tanking again
    Oh, you.

Also, check your TiB PMs please.

Deleted
    Couldnt care less..

Deleted
    They should give druids extra bag slots for all the gear we have to carry, 4 specs 4 set of gear, double flasks, and pots also

I would love for Mages, Locks, Rogues and Hunters to all get a Healer or Tank spec.

It won't happen, so speculation is rather pointless. Most classes have too many already. A few classes may get extra specs to add new roles (like tanking shamans and rogues), but the chance that they'll add new DPS specs to existing classes is pretty much zero.

Quote Originally Posted by Boosta View Post
    They should give druids extra bag slots for all the gear we have to carry, 4 specs 4 set of gear, double flasks, and pots also
    Considering that you can't actually have more than two specs without going back to town for a respec (in which case you can drop by the bank while there), this makes absolutely no sense whatsoever.
    Diplomacy is just war by other means.

Quote Originally Posted by Rucati View Post
    Why the hell would I feel anything? It doesn't matter to me if other people get another spec, why would it?
    exactly...

If they only gave druids tri-spec, while all other classes would have duo-spec it would be unfair.
    But I would love to see some classes getting a forth spec like petless hunter, shaman tank (they can already use shield) and holy/disc dps spec for priests.

Honestly wouldn't care. Got better things to do than cry about some kids getting extra specs.

The only beef in my mind would be this: What could they have put out if they used the time better?

Who knows. But worth a thought.

Deleted
    Sure, lets do it!

Deleted
    You completely missed the point. 4th spec was not given us to give us an advantage but to take it away, feral was too powerful with cats dps and bears survivability (pvp wise) that's why change happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Ysoph View Post
    You completely missed the point. 4th spec was not given us to give us an advantage but to take it away, feral was too powerful with cats dps and bears survivability (pvp wise) that's why change happen.
    It was also a huge problem in PvE, as well. Until we were split, bears were the pigeon-holed OT's, since we could pump out really good damage while not actively tanking while also lacking the tool set (survival and utility) other tanks had at the time. Many changes made to the Feral spec at the time, usually for the sake of PvP balance, generally had a negative impact on the PvE side since Feral tanking and DPS were inseparable. Now that they're split, each role can be fine-tuned w/o adversely affecting the other.

Now, there isn't any other class that comes close to the situation that Ferals were in, and the only reason I could foresee Blizz giving another class a 4th spec is if a similar Feral-type situation occurred... and the chances are basically nonexistent right now. On the other hand, as some people have mentioned, I think it's far more likely to see existing specs of classes changed to fill a different role or identity, especially those with redundant specializations already suffering from identity crisis. While I don't think shamans will get the chance to show their tanking prowless in the near future (as I have flashbacks to classic WoW, "I got 5/5 Shield Specialization and Rock-biter, I'm ready to tank!"), I think there's potential in many classes to separate same-role specs to make them actually feel as unique. Again, the chances are very slim we'd see a complete role change for redundant specs in a class, but the chances are higher than adding a 4th spec to an existing class.

If Blizz wants to add 4th specs to other classes, I'd honestly feel pretty bad for that class and all classes, since extra specializations would likely equate to less time balancing and fine-tuning that we have with less specs to deal with. It's already a nightmare with the amount of specs we have in WoW!
    “Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    wouldn't care in the slightest.

Quote Originally Posted by IHateJayWilson View Post
    im not a druid but when i thought about it kinda sounds unfair for druid players in a way. guardian spec is barley a 4th spec it was fine as how it was and nothing really changed other then the fact that now its split apart which is lame as it is because now you cant tank or dps in the same spec
    Even though we are living an age of entitlement, I like to think myself outside of that condition. So if I felt something, it would be probably be joy.
    You can try to fit me in a box, only to see me burst out of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't care, only can use 2 spec at the time so....