Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mush View Post
    Not legally binding ... they can't sue you for breaking their ToS.
    It has two main purposes:

(1) It enables them to defend against players suing them.

(2) It enables them to sue third parties who commit "tortious interference" (meaning: interfering with the contractual relationship between two other parties.) Yes Virginia, a contract can affect someone who didn't sign it. This is used to go after bot makers.

My favorite Huolon trick was to aggro him (by ranged attack) while be carried by an albatross, then kite him around the island. You don't take damage while you're being carried like that.
    Last edited by Osmeric; 2014-02-06 at 08:32 PM.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Scinder View Post
    People typically wait to pull Huolon to allow other players time to arrive for the kill instead of immediately pulling. I know it's weird for some of you to remember you actually play this game with other people.
    While pulling him to strange locations might could be considered griefing, not waiting for a pull can be considered mean. At the very most.
    If anyone wants to blow him up on his regular spawn point, they have every right to do so.
    Last edited by mmocc02219cc8b; 2014-02-06 at 11:36 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Scinder View Post
    Pulling a mob to a location where others are unable to access is greifing"
    If no one can access that location then how was it pulled there?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    That's not even a remotely accurate comparision. The addon is used so that you can get there before a rare is killed, it's not there so that you can deny the kill for anyone else, everyone still has access to the addon and you can't deny them the kill if they follow their addon to the rare the same as you do (unless you're a different faction or use the cencer but that's an entirely different matter).
    Clearly you havent played much on the timeless isle. It is rare that a rare wiol stay alive for more then a minute once an addon announces combat has begun. Also if the addon never announces it then you never know you missed it. If pullig a mob in a spot others cant easily get to is greifing then announcing youve found and killed a rare should be to. Because you are denying others that kill by not waiting for everyone to get to your spot before killing the rare

Sake principle as why hulon is greifing. Not everyone that wants to kill hulon can kill him. But I guess it is only an issue when a mount is invovled?
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Soo, what's stopping you from flying out and gliding to his spawn point? (I know it's outdated but he could've thought about it still :P)
    1st May 2013-->1st April 2014
    105lb-->166lb
    Bench/Squat/Deadlift 1RMs - 20kg/20kg/40kg-->100kg/162.5kg/210kg

Running geneswests 5/3/1

Quote Originally Posted by Blackmist View Post
    It's a bad fix. Now there will be little time to run to him, and the only way to get a kill will be to camp him.

The correct fix would be to have him unattackable until he gets close to the intended combat point. At least that way you have time from the first person announcing him for you to be able to get there.
    And where is this " intended combat point" ?
    It can be along practically any point of his patrol.
    Given the short life span of most rares, isn't camping a necessity anyway ?
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Clearly you havent played much on the timeless isle. It is rare that a rare wiol stay alive for more then a minute once an addon announces combat has begun. Also if the addon never announces it then you never know you missed it. If pullig a mob in a spot others cant easily get to is greifing then announcing youve found and killed a rare should be to. Because you are denying others that kill by not waiting for everyone to get to your spot before killing the rare
    I've played enough to know I just want to kill the rare as fast as possible to get my loot and be done with it. I don't do it with the intention to deny the kill from others, clearly this was not the case with Huolon because you had to go out of your way to do it, it wasn't something you just stumbled upon by accident while killing other mobs. Whole groups were organized to do just this. Have you ever seen people forming groups to deny others a kill of Emerald Gander?
    Last edited by zorkuus; 2014-02-06 at 11:49 PM.

Not a problem anymore as they have move its spawn point to the ground.

Never seen this happen, it's a hell of a lot of effort to go to for no other reason than to annoy some people? And it can't just be one person this needs to be a team so they can actually kill Huo.

Can't help but think this was a few isolated events being blown out of proportion.

But it's fixed now anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Never seen this happen, it's a hell of a lot of effort to go to for no other reason than to annoy some people? And it can't just be one person this needs to be a team so they can actually kill Huo.

Can't help but think this was a few isolated events being blown out of proportion.

Holy hell, I cannot believe they actually fixed it. Well, that will make the timeless isle a little more friendly on high-pop realms.
    - OR, the more likely event, people will turn to other things. Such as dragging elites to vendors, Ordos griefing, and the list just goes on.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dphotog View Post
    You mad bro heres using my class like it was intended to Kite since Vanilla

http://i.imgur.com/Z2tseuQ.jpg
    I thought I was the king of griefers because I would grief the griefers.... But this.. Is just.. wow.
    This is my signature. It states my prediction of the next expansion. Not only is it correct in my eyes, but should also be in yours too.
    Anyone who doesn't agree with me is an idiot, a bad, and a pleb.

- A Quote from every narcissistic, defiant, self-absorbed theorist on these forums. True story.

A while back it was almost a recurring event on my server during prime time.

Quote Originally Posted by Warlord Booty View Post
    I don't see a problem. You have a spawn, you camp the spawn, you kill it. Nothing sucks more than being squishy and tanking a rare and more people come to the point that you can't tank him anymore and die from it. So, take him up there so you can be at peace.

Oh, and I has mount, so.... don't really bother with the call outs anymore.

No different that camping for the Ruby Droplet. You can blow that guy up in about 4 CDs and sure as hell can't get up there quick and some people still don't know about the birds.
    Id agree with you except that it's a faction tag not a 1 person tag. But they broke it anyway so this is no longer an issue come 5.4.7

Quote Originally Posted by Excessiv View Post
    Holy hell, I cannot believe they actually fixed it. Well, that will make the timeless isle a little more friendly on high-pop realms.
    As friendly as the island that gave us Bloody Coins can be lol.

A while back it was almost a recurring event on my server during prime time.
    You got some grade A cunts on your server then.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    You got some grade A cunts on your server then.
    Some men just want to see the world burn. True bastards.
    Hi

i reported these griefers on Area52 USA as well. it's easy to get up there but it wasn't intended to be done that way. If it was he wouldn't path down to you.

Like the Acherous guy you summon him and kite him wherever you want. perfectly legal as it's a summonable rare. Huolon though paths down to you as has been done from the very beginning. Using the crane statue, glider, slow fall from the sea, or one of the sea gulls is a work around true but continues to disrupt a large majority of the isle participants.

For instance, if i was at Cinder and made my way down to huolon anticipating the spawn any minute i would be unable to do it unless i put some time aside beforehand to get up there. That's disruptive to the entire concept of the isle. People wouldn't be able to do other things on the isle if they're alotting a bunch of time (no matter how short) to getting up there just to kill huolon.

Disruptive and it turns to griefing as it upsets many players playtime.

It was an obvious fix in the making.

GJ blizzard.

I used to get upset about those things, but nowadays with such easy access, it's enjoyable to just join them. I would complain, but we have a group of 10-15 Bloody Coin farming players who wait until the Huolon timer is at 58 minutes and then just go berserk, killing everyone. They're frighteningly organized and guess who they can't kill? The people on top!

Blizzard will act on anything that causes a lot of people to get upset. I've seen a friend get a warning from a GM from a lot smaller trolling/griefing thing.
    | Ryzen R7 5800X | Radeon RX 6800 |

15+ Year Old Account
    I've played enough to know I just want to kill the rare as fast as possible to get my loot and be done with it. I don't do it with the intention to deny the kill from others, clearly this was not the case with Huolon because you had to go out of your way to do it, it wasn't something you just stumbled upon by accident while killing other mobs. Whole groups were organized to do just this. Have you ever seen people forming groups to deny others a kill of Emerald Gander?
    Whole groups forming to deny a kill? Doesn't that mean that they weren't denying the kill but forming groups to kill him at his spawn point? If a group is forming to do something it isn't griefing. You are not required to include every person in your group.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Caliph View Post
    For instance, if i was at Cinder and made my way down to huolon anticipating the spawn any minute i would be unable to do it unless i put some time aside beforehand to get up there. That's disruptive to the entire concept of the isle. People wouldn't be able to do other things on the isle if they're alotting a bunch of time (no matter how short) to getting up there just to kill huolon.
    But that would also be true if you just flew in on the flight path, and heard someone announce his spawn. Chances are by the time you get to his location he would be dead. Thats disruptive to the entire concept of the isle, or is the concept just not what you think it is?
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgsnstuff View Post
    Blizzard will act on anything that causes a lot of people to get upset. I've seen a friend get a warning from a GM from a lot smaller trolling/griefing thing.
    It's really inconsistent. I've seen people mention stuff like this here, seen fairly innocuous names get flagged for namechange ... yet also there is a person on my server who uses the most offensive language (words I don't repeat here, but you get the picture) in public channels repeatedly, day in day out, never gets banned. or if he does get banned it's not for more than a few hours.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Whole groups forming to deny a kill? Doesn't that mean that they weren't denying the kill but forming groups to kill him at his spawn point? If a group is forming to do something it isn't griefing. You are not required to include every person in your group.

- - - Updated - - -

But that would also be true if you just flew in on the flight path, and heard someone announce his spawn. Chances are by the time you get to his location he would be dead. Thats disruptive to the entire concept of the isle, or is the concept just not what you think it is?
    the isle is free flowing and do what you want. hunt rares, kill things, and do whatever quests come up. It's obviously meant for just that. putting aside time just so you can fly up to huolon disrupts that. so yes the concept is what i think it is. perhaps it's not what you think it is.