Poll: Favorite race to play as a monk in RP

10+ Year Old Account

Favorite Monk races by lore or roleplay

While the class itself isn't as spread out as much as say warriors or hunters in terms of there lore with other races outside of pandaren, I find myself when roleplaying as a monk going by aspects of the race (I have 4 monks, orc, troll, human and draenei), I adopt these aspects around there characters, not just writing it off as 'the pandaren taught them it', monks have shown in many other races in different forms, such as draenei or humans.

I'd even go as far to say some races adopt certain principles of monkhood, but show it in another way, like the roleplay class tauren and orcs have with runemasters or spirit warriors.

So anyway, given the versatility of them, what race aspect of monks do you prefer to rp as?
    #boycottchina

10+ Year Old Account
    hmm,

My undead monk i consider to actually be a Cleric/Martial Priest, a bit like the Scarlet Crusades 'Monks' or an undead version of Friar Tuck; he uses meditation and will power to simulate the inner strength the light used to give him in life but which is too painful for him to access now, and to stave off the dark emotions created by the dark magic that binds his soul to his corpse.

His monasticism is not Zen-Buddhist in flavour, so much as medieval Benedictine-Catholic in flavour.

When someone asks you if you're a god, YOU SAY 'YES'!

10+ Year Old Account
    I've decided on having my orc monk as a rune master, human monk as an arena brawler, and draenei monk having taking some monk hood training from auchanei and pandaren, developing his own style.
    #boycottchina

Don't they all have the same lore? Fat panda trained them. Or for BE and draenei it was a time traveling fat panda.

It's a shame they didn't use existing monk lore like the Auchenai for the races that had it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pandaren of course, but I do wish that different races of monks had different lore... like Night Elf Monks could be in a sentinel monastery worshiping Elune.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    Don't they all have the same lore? Fat panda trained them. Or for BE and draenei it was a time traveling fat panda.

It's a shame they didn't use existing monk lore like the Auchenai for the races that had it.
    well since its RP, you can view monkdom from other areas its shown itself to. Like for example the scarlet monks you see training in the scarlet cathedral, they certainly didn't have a pandaren teach them, they hate anything thats not human.
    #boycottchina

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    well since its RP, you can view monkdom from other areas its shown itself to. Like for example the scarlet monks you see training in the scarlet cathedral, they certainly didn't have a pandaren teach them, they hate anything thats not human.
    Nope, the dungeon journal says that Brother Korloff learned from pandas.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    Nope, the dungeon journal says that Brother Korloff learned from pandas.
    oh oops, yes it seems like thats the case.. meh.

that just out of character for the crusade to take a leaf from a non-human.
    #boycottchina

15+ Year Old Account
    Maybe the Tauren, they are much like the Pandas but bigger. Forsaken and Dwarf should also be okay.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    oh oops, yes it seems like thats the case.. meh.

that just out of character for the crusade to take a leaf from a non-human.
    I agree, I feel like Blizzard did the monk class a real disservice by making everyone learn from the pandas.

Dwarf for me. I like the "Drunken Master" feeling of playing them. They also take 2nd place behind Pandaren of lorewise what would make the most sense to be a Monk. They have a lot in common with Pandaren in terms of culture and mannerisms - love of food and alcohol, driven to explore and ask questions, calm and friendly, but strong and deadly when defending home. I imagine they'd get along swell with eachother and teach eachother different styles of fighting.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pandaren and Monks fit together so well. I'm not sure any other class/race combo does it quite as well.