Thread: bm>surv now o.O

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    At 579ilvl I simmed myself with all possible stat prios including mastery=crit=haste. All results came in 1% of each other, but when I chanced fight type to cleave or aoe haste pulled ahead while crit and mastery were still close to each other.

Quote Originally Posted by Littlepinch View Post
    My hunter atm is ilv 565 and iv been running Haste>Crit>Mastery All xpac and im happy with the results ( it's all about ur play style i guess )
    Yep i have same ilvl and i m haste build too. man do i love the result! also when i get to put up my tall strider, the result is even more awesome! SV not even comes close to it. I m tired of spamming the "1" key on my keyboard for ES. and still on avg. like 4 ~ 5 es streak. its pure rng. so now i m BM. besides more haste is more fluid. i cast a lot of CS, so lower cast time of CS is a big plus for me. But like littlepinch said, its all based on ur playstyle.

When you move out of the realm of simulation into the realm of live performance data using Raidbots "all parses for last 3 months for 25 man heroic" and take the most recent values, top spec fluctuates fight by fight. If you then change the settings for top 100 parses only for last 3 months and take the most recent values you see a different pattern emerges.

Fight All Parses Top 100 parses
    Immerseus SV > BM by 11.5k dps SV > BM by 34k dps
    Protectors: BM > SV by 2k BM > SV by 43k
    Nourishen: SV > BM by .5k SV > BM by 9k
    Shah: BM > SV by .5k BM > SV by 2.5k
    Galakras: BM > SV by 21k BM > SV by 31k
    Juggernaut: SV > BM by 2k BM > SV by 6k
    Shamans: BM > SV by 6k BM > SV by 10.5k
    Nazzgrim: SV > BM by 4k BM > SV by 12.5k
    Malkorok: SV > BM by 7k BM > SV by 13.5k
    Spoils: BM > SV by 10k BM > SV by 13.5k
    Thok: SV > BM by 11.5k SV > BM by 25k

No data on raidbots for the last 3 heroic fights.

SV wins in 6 out of 11 by the larger sample size measure, but in only 3/11 by the top performer measure. This seems to me to support the idea that well-played BM has an advantage over good RNG well played SV on most fights, with Thok and Immerseus being the notable exceptions, where I suspect pet travel issues make SV better. But for most players, the differences are small and the spec you play better will yield the best results.
    Last edited by Namor of Muradin; 2014-02-01 at 07:00 PM.