Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vrsick View Post
    You sound like you have some sort of mental disorder. You made these decisions, deal with the consequences. This is barely even believable.
    Regret is a mental disorder?

Don't tell them. The people at blizzard support are bound by the policies set forth by the management and it is usually zero tolerance. They will not treat you any better if you admit to doing something wrong. You are better off saying nothing and hope you don't get hit by a ban wave later on if it was something like botting. Admitting guilt does not have any meaning over the internet. People will still crucify you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    Bought old, abandoned, un-merged WoW accounts (meaning not linked to a battle.net account; ie: inactive since before August of 2009), and used those accounts to Scroll of Resurrection level 80s to my main account. They were advertised as veteran accounts (meaning they once subscribed from 2004/2005 all the way until 2009), which meant they potentially had old vanilla stuff on them... I was so blinded by my want for those things that I can no longer get that I bought several of the accounts without even thinking and now I regret every ounce of it... I don't want my money back, I don't want anything, anything other than going back to before I did it. I feel awful.
    I was thinking you had found your gm irl and killed them or something lol >.<

Yeh don't worry about that people do much worse things on a daily basis >.<

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by vrsick View Post
    You sound like you have some sort of mental disorder.
    Don't listen to this guy, being guilty about doing something wrong is actually the right way to be thinking

Just follow Stir's advice, it's nothing terrible but blizzard have rules they need to stick to and bringing it to their attention might not be a great idea

Deleted
    If fred's room mate didn't log the char in 4 years he probably cared a lot about his account.
    ...not.

They don't care about that. Don't worry.

I traded accounts once before the battle.net merge.

I still play on that same account. However now it obviously has my name and details since I just changed the name when they made that change to battle.net back in the days. I've also done all kinds of other dumb shit on the same account but as long as you keep low profile no one will question you about your accounts origin.

Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    If you hypothetically did something and it is eating you up inside and you want it all to go away, can admitting it to Blizzard via ticket or support leave you still able to play the game if said offense is potentially ban-able (I don't even know if it is, but I would assume so since it is despicable)...? Please tell me Blizzard are forgiving folks who want to keep my money flowing in? I was blinded by the lust of what I might gain from doing said thing and didn't think it through and now it has happened and there is no going back.

Thank you.
    I worked through a way to loot a body multiple times back in BC, and it worked till Wrath at the very least. It may still be in game. I contacted Blizzard and explained how to repeat the hack and told them what loot I knew came from multilooting leaving it in my bags so they could see it and letting them decide whether I should delete it or they would.

I logged on a couple weeks later and those items were missing and my ticket closed, end of story. If you did something you knew was wrong and you can provide Blizzard some information regarding it, cool. If instead you bought gold, characters, or run a bot? I wouldn't be so sure things will go well.

I know exactly what you are talking about.

Theres a company that sells hundreds of these accounts a day, from various levels of price depending when it was last active, how long the sub was active, and so on, highly rated and high reputation on various "shady" forums.

I wouldn't feel bad, they are all accounts that were sold long ago.

But yeah, if you go to Blizzard "Hay, I bought some accounts to get myself a SoR and hoped for some rare vanilla/bc mounts/items/achieves, plz don't ban me", you'll likely get banned, the rules are the rules generally, you could get a super nice guy, but why would they be nice? They could get in trouble themselves for not banning a banable offence, so they aren't likely to risk their job or a warning, just so you can feel okay with breaking the rules. It depends on who you talk to really, it's a toss of a coin.

No. Keep your mouth shut.

This applies to wrong-doing real life too.

Deleted
    Three hail marys and a full confession will suffice, my son.

dont be so dramatic, this is a game. these accounts might have been "legitimately sold" as in the person honestly gave it up for all you know. if you let blizz know your most likely getting the perma ban bat. . .and if they do like you said and try to recover one of the accounts you bought. . .well again probably a ban hammer in your future.

10+ Year Old Account
    They aren't looking for that but if you tell them you did it, they will ban the shit out of you.
    You're getting exactly what you deserve.

10+ Year Old Account
    During a trial (in the UK at least) pleading guilty will reduce your sentence.

As for WoW, I guess read the ToS (and I suspect, no, it will not help).

Depends on the crime you have committed?

Look at it this way: Most of these people who have been gone for so long probably have no intention of ever coming back at this point, and you haven't broken any laws. Merely violated Blizzard's policies.

Is what you did wrong? Yes. Should you lose any sleep over it? No. It's just a game, and any one of those original account holders can reclaim their accounts if they ever decide to come back.

It depends on what you did. But probably not.

Don't admit to Blizzard, they would hardly give a shit. But if you are really paranoid you can send the gold to my characters where I'll safely dispose of your evidence in the form of expensive mounts.
    You just lost The Game

Blizzard's more against that kind of thing as a "buyer beware" kind of thing. Its very easy to get scammed in situations like that, and you end up having no recourse since you weren't supposed to be doing that anyways.

If you haven't been 'punished', you won't be... unless someone wants one of those accounts back.

Deleted
    Just stop theses activities and don't ever tell them, if they did not spotted you until now, it might be okay.