Page 1 of 3
LastLast

I seriously hope the new pvp set is 550-553, so it's not useless outside arenas.

Normal mode will still be superior because it's 561 after upgrades.

>m-muh flex gear will be obsolete! pvp to pve!

No, !@#! off, Brutal, wrathful and cataclysmic gladiator were superior to tier6/10man/LFR gear.

going to be interesting how the LFR crowd will handle that seeing that pvp gear will far better then looking for loot raids. if this is the case.

10+ Year Old Account
    To be honest, PvP gear should be higher or equal ilvl as LFR. LFR is just piss easy anyways, and while everyone can get PvP gear with ease, it still takes -a lot- longer to gear up.

personally I think 2k+ elite gear should be same Ilvl as normal mode (but still get downgraded in instance pvp) that way pvp'rs have a viable way to bridge from pvp to pve, in the same manor they tried make it easier to go pve -> pvp

putting the rating requirment back on it will also work as a great incentive to keep ladders from going stale

Quote Originally Posted by Stormspellz View Post
    going to be interesting how the LFR crowd will handle that seeing that pvp gear will far better then looking for loot raids. if this is the case.
    Just like tier 6, tier 10, tier 13 and 14...

Herald of the Titans Deathgoose's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Emfg View Post
    To be honest, PvP gear should be higher or equal ilvl as LFR. LFR is just piss easy anyways, and while everyone can get PvP gear with ease, it still takes -a lot- longer to gear up.
    While I agree with the sentiment that the PvP should be at least on par with LFR (I would say current tier honor gear would be equal or a few iLvLs under current tier LFR, and current tier conquest gear would be equal or a few iLvLs under current tier Flex, but that's just my take on it. Meh), I don't know that I necessarily agree with the second part of your statement.

PvP is a known, steady progression based on a weekly point cap.
    PvE is an unknown, RNG progression based on a weekly attempt cap.

Good RNG could allow PvE to be vastly quicker, poor RNG could allow PvE to be vastly slower.

It is 540 gear, already in the game files with exactly the same models as current gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrean View Post
    It is 540 gear, already in the game files with exactly the same models as current gear.
    Not true. They're probably placeholders.

How can you make a blanket statement like "not true" then follow it up with conjecture like "probably placeholders" as proof of the previous falsity?

What is in the game files right now is 540 gear with the same models. That is the only truth right now. We don't know anything beyond that because Blizzard has not told us anything so until they do that is all the "truth".

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrean View Post
    It's gonna be completely useless then, about on par with 548 flex gear in world pvp. Sucks that my priest is 574 but because he's a priest he's still shit. If only my rogue had 574 gear, I could farm 500 bloody coins in one afternoon in frostmourne too easily.

Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    Not true. They're probably placeholders.
    You try to claim a fact then back it up with 'probably'. That's quite sound.

They could be placeholder, it's definitely a possibility. It's also a possibility that the ilvl and stats on them aren't placeholder, which is generally the case when they add in gear (as seen with all gear at the time of data mining in this expansion).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mistahwilshire View Post

They could be placeholder, it's definitely a possibility. It's also a possibility that the ilvl and stats on them aren't placeholder, which is generally the case when they add in gear (as seen with all gear at the time of data mining in this expansion).
    The current ilvl could be what the end up going with, but no way they go with the same exact models for two tiers in a row. That'd be embarrassing for a company like Blizzard.
    Last edited by Fahrenheit; 2014-01-08 at 08:25 PM.
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

Deleted
    It's gonna be completely useless then, about on par with 548 flex gear in world pvp.
    yeah sure because 8 item lvls = 60-65% more dmg (pvp power)

Quote Originally Posted by Emfg View Post
    ? While I do think pvp gear should be high or higher PvE gear is not guaranteed. PvP gear is You also choose what you want to purchase instead of RNG'ing it.

Hopefully changes will be made regardless of gear ilvl. Things will be out of control if not.

Try 50%, maybe. Still shit vs normal mode gear, maybe if it was 548 it could've stood a chance.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fluttershy View Post
    Try 50%, maybe. Still shit vs normal mode gear, maybe if it was 548 it could've stood a chance.
    yeah i meant 50-55% - my fail.

will still be better than flex and normal mode gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormspellz View Post
    personally I think 2k+ elite gear should be same Ilvl as normal mode (but still get downgraded in instance pvp) that way pvp'rs have a viable way to bridge from pvp to pve, in the same manor they tried make it easier to go pve -> pvp

putting the rating requirment back on it will also work as a great incentive to keep ladders from going stale
    I completely concur with this. Your solution does sound perfect. If Blizzard institutes such a system, those who work for higher ratings will be rewarded with gear on par with those who put forth the effort grinding heroic raids. Specifically, you'd be rewarding people who actually put forth effort in PvP, which is the whole idea behind the original rating system in the first place.

To extend it, perhaps they should limit their current item level crap to arena and RBG's.

Deleted
    548 would be following the trend, but since Blizzard does a horrible job balancing PvE to PvP, I'm sure they'll end up being 540 or even an insulting 535.

FAIR would be 548 for conquest gear, 561 for 2.2k rating gear that gets downscaled to 548 in instanced PvP. That way their gear would be close to a 574 heroic geared player. Probably a bit below 580, but since it's gear obtained by 2.2k rated players, they could probably outskill most ilvl 580 players. (And there aren't many 580 anyways)

Couldnt blizzard just downgrade pvp in raids just as pve gear is done in instanced pvp? So that PVP gear isnt going to be an upgrade for any raiders?

Quote Originally Posted by mistahwilshire View Post

1. I didn't say it's a fact I said "probably".
    2. If they re-use the same models of the armor I'd laugh and probably unsub and wait for WoD. (yes I want new PvP armor/weapon, if they are old then there's no reason to play WoW for me)