Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    Deleted

Siegecrafter Zerg strat?

So i've have been hearing alot about this siegecrafter HC zerg strat? Anyone mind explaining?

- - - Updated - - -

I've been told that if you use 1 tank, 1 healer and rest dps you will have him down on 3 to 4th conveyorbelt

10+ Year Old Account
    I would pay to watch it.

Quote Originally Posted by Psidum View Post
    I would pay to watch it.
    Pay 500,000g please if you wish to watch this video. lol.

Prolly need like 578 ilvl average for your entire guild atleast lol
    I solo stuff. I do deepz. I raid. What else do i want? Oh yeah. loot. give me loot. Cookie for loot?

Yeah right.. 1 tank and 1 healer? Is your group ilvl 580?

Deleted
    Never heard about it, but it wouldn't surprise me.

this is the closest zerg i've seen.

2 tanks 1 heal.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vc8hIn1YJK4

Seems like you would need to keep 10/14 H on farm for a while to get the gear required to do that.

Deleted
    Doesn't sound like it can be forced unless you have a retarded amount of gear. Which would mean doing it the normal way is probably just as easy.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kylecat15 View Post
    Yeah right.. 1 tank and 1 healer? Is your group ilvl 580?
    We 1 heal it with a resto drood in 560 gear, isnt much damage going on if ppl avoid shit tbh.
    1 tank is bit trickier, even with majority of the raid switching on death from above you'll have trouble killing shredder with only ~4 stacks.
    Would like to see how you survive the 9th stack electro or the 5th overload.
    Last edited by mmoc51f27689b0; 2013-11-17 at 11:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by santa666 View Post
    We 1 heal it with a resto drood in 560 gear, isnt much damage going on if ppl avoid shit tbh.
    1 tank is bit trickier, even with majority of the raid switching on death from above you'll have trouble killing it with only 3-4 stacks solo.
    Would like to see how you survive the 9th stack electro or the 5th overload.
    Our prot warrior easily solo's it in 25 man with 3 stacks before the 4rth overload. The issue ofc is the constant stream of heals, but I wouldn't imagine that the shredder is the big issue in this whole scenario. Rather, as you mentioned, how the fuck does he survive electro? 4 belts implies 12 electrocutes.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracodraco View Post
    Our prot warrior easily solo's it in 25 man with 3 stacks before the 4rth overload. The issue ofc is the constant stream of heals, but I wouldn't imagine that the shredder is the big issue in this whole scenario. Rather, as you mentioned, how the fuck does he survive electro? 4 belts implies 12 electrocutes.
    Yeh, you're right. I could probably also kill it if i popped everything (stagger avatar for the 2nd, to make sure overload + missile combo doesn't gimp us.)
    You could have a warrior taunt, dbts/shieldwall, and take a stack. Repeat twice in a row and stacks will drop afaik.

But just feels like your making it more rng and harder, not easier

Edit. I meant with siege healing the add ofc(1 tank), taking it outside is cakewalk even with 2 stacks
    Last edited by mmoc51f27689b0; 2013-11-17 at 11:40 PM.

Deleted
    Dont need -that- good gear. Think the guild in this video had ~569 or so average. Just need rogue(s), warlock(s) and a hunter for each belt. 2 tanks ofc, and disc (guess maybe doable with a MW).

DPS requirement per player to zerg is around 1.8 million. Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by Dainwork View Post
    Dont need -that- good gear. Think the guild in this video had ~569 or so average. Just need rogue(s), warlock(s) and a hunter for each belt. 2 tanks ofc, and disc (guess maybe doable with a MW).

That is a fast kill, not a zerg. A zerg imply not doing belt.

Quote Originally Posted by Qualia View Post
    That is a fast kill, not a zerg. A zerg imply not doing belt.
    No need to make up meanings. You wouldn't ignore the belt regardless of what you're doing because you don't want to give him the shield.

Though there's apparently no reason to 1-tank (which I can believe), so "zerging" (i.e. 1/1/8) doesn't make sense compared to just 1-healing it and doing it otherwise normally.

Tanks do as much damage as dps players anyway. The additional difficulty of solo tanking it is not outweighed by a minor dps gain.

Solo healing is a viable strategy. Requires coordinating cooldowns and people avoiding everything at pivotal moments.

Quote Originally Posted by Braindwen View Post
    No need to make up meanings. You wouldn't ignore the belt regardless of what you're doing because you don't want to give him the shield.

Though there's apparently no reason to 1-tank (which I can believe), so "zerging" (i.e. 1/1/8) doesn't make sense compared to just 1-healing it and doing it otherwise normally.
    Then that's not zerging, isn't that, unless you have different definition of "zerging" to other people? That's just doing things normally, albeit with a high DPS group to get a fast kill. Would you call 1 tank 1 heal / fill the rest with DPS for other bosses zerg strats too?
    AFAIK, most of the "zerg" strats used high DPS to simplify the fight to / and / or ignore certain part of the normally used strats. Zerging's definition has never been using 1 tank 1 heal and fill the rest with DPS.
    Last edited by Qualia; 2013-11-18 at 01:06 AM.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Is that even remotely possible due to the whole shield thing?

Quote Originally Posted by Braindwen View Post

You have no idea what "Zerging" is, do you?

Quote Originally Posted by Dracodraco View Post
    It caps at 10 and I have survived 10 before so it is possible.

Not sure why you would do this. this is one of those fights that doesnt get harder. it is just the same level of difficulty. If you have the gear required to do this zerg then the fight should be easy enough.