Poll: 4 months out, how many players should've been able to defeat H Garrosh?

Page 4 of 82 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ThunderPussy View Post
    Is the .23 percent somehow Blizzards fault?

If people want the kill they'll put the time and effort in to defeat it. Learn your class and learn the fights and the bosses will die. This thread makes it sound like people are expecting Blizz to jut give people kills cause the "percentages are so low".
    Whose fault would it be other than Blizzard's for producing content that 99% of the population are either not interested in or capable of completing?

Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    Whose fault would it be other than Blizzard's for producing content that 99% of the population are either not interested in or capable of completing?
    You seem to have this idea that Heroic Mode raiding was designed with the intent that 99% of the population would be capable of doing it. That has never been the case; hence why we have Normal/Flex/Raid Finder.
    Last edited by Austilias; 2014-01-10 at 12:37 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I dunno. I don't think heroics are meant for everyone. These kills are earned by the small percent of players actually willing to put in the time and effort. The percentages seem fine to me. Also I haven't killed Heroic Garrosh yet and I'm still content with our current progression.

I don't feel like I'm entitled to the kill. If we get it we earned it.
    pretty much this, I'm only on H Spoils atm, while still making steady progress (minus the holidays), and I'm happy with that, I'm surprised that the % is still that low, but I don't *think* it needs to/should be any higher, final boss on heroic should always feel like a huge accomplishment, whether i personally get it or not...not like H Deathwing >.>
    Last edited by Ryuda; 2014-01-10 at 12:38 AM. Reason: fixed quote

Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    You say that, but I bet if there was some way to make raids completeable by just 1 person there would be a much much higher proportion of the playerbase with HM Garrosh kills.

IMO the biggest challenge in WoW is managing a raiding team, the actual encounter difficulty pales in comparison.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Ytlayol View Post
    Well, I think it may be time to start using more resources on content most people would go through. Seems like heroics are for a minority of the minority.
    Or it's time to go back to 1 difficulty because the 7 layers is what is killing the drive to go on.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    Going off the stats on the front page, 0.23% of players (not characters) have defeated Heroic Garrosh. Of the 2.2 million sampled, that comes out to be like 5,000 players. Also keep in mind we are exactly 4 months out from this patch's release and the final boss has been killed by a quarter of a percent of players. What do you guys think? Is this too much, or too little? At 4 months out, how many players do you think should've been able to defeat the last boss on heroic?
    But, this game is supereasy for casual scum... How can this be?!

Oh that's right, hahaha! In your FACE, haters!

It's a bit of a useless stat IMO in terms of discussing difficulty or longevity of a raid. Lots of players, like myself, simply have no intention of downing heroic Garrosh.

Blizzard need to start looking at alternative end game for casual players past "tourist mode" in LFR, the penny seems to have finally dropped that farming a raiding tier in LFR for 4 months+ isn't interesting end game for casuals.

If you raid for about 12.5 hours/week that comes out to around 50 hours a month, so in 4 months that is 200 hours, which is probably not enough time to complete H Garrosh. What is more likely is that your average guild requires 300+ hours of raiding to clear all heroics in a tier, which means you are spending upwards of 1000+ hours per expansion doing progression raiding.

Sometimes I think of how much time your average long term progression raider actually puts into raiding, and then I realize that for many that time could have been spent on other pursuits, like completing a doctoral thesis.
    Most people would rather die than think, and most people do. -Bertrand Russell
    Before the camps, I regarded the existence of nationality as something that shouldn’t be noticed - nationality did not really exist, only humanity. But in the camps one learns: if you belong to a successful nation you are protected and you survive. If you are part of universal humanity - too bad for you -Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

Quote Originally Posted by Veredyn View Post
    It's even fewer people, because the sample size is stated right there on the front page as 2.2M people. It's not wow's entire population. Barely 5,000 people have killed Heroic Garrosh.
    The sample size is a representation of wow's entire population. Instead of dealing with 7M data points they used 2.2M random ones to get a good idea what the percentages are for wow's entire population. So assuming their data for that 2.2M sample size is accurate then its safe to assume that .23% of wow's entire population has killed heroic garrosh, which is roughly 16,100 players.

Going off the stats on the front page, 0.23% of players (not characters) have defeated Heroic Garrosh. Of the 2.2 million sampled, that comes out to be like 5,000 players. Also keep in mind we are exactly 4 months out from this patch's release and the final boss has been killed by a quarter of a percent of players. What do you guys think? Is this too much, or too little? At 4 months out, how many players do you think should've been able to defeat the last boss on heroic?
    I think it's perfect right where it is. It's a hard fight on Heroic and can stay that way. If people want to see the fight, but can't beat him on Heroic, there are two other difficulties more suited to their skill / ability. As far as I'm concerned, all of the content should never be nerfed unless it's extremely un-killable in it's own level of difficulty. Say boss 1-5 and 7 - 10 have been killed by 50%, but boss 6 only by 20%, yeah, there's something wrong there and it should be fixed. If everything is relatively normal in terms of numbers, no nerfs, people just need to prep more and try something different.

"The data used today is a sample made up of 6.2 million characters from 2.2 million accounts, with at least one character active after November 26. "
    its worth keeping in mind that there is quite probably a large portion of players who HAVE killed heroic garosh, but not logged in since and therefore aren't being counted in the survey. There is a 14/14hc guild on my server, that since their first kill a large portion of the team have stopped playing

Quote Originally Posted by Agzarah View Post
    "The data used today is a sample made up of 6.2 million characters from 2.2 million accounts, with at least one character active after November 26. "
    its worth keeping in mind that there is quite probably a large portion of players who HAVE killed heroic garosh, but not logged in since and therefore aren't being counted in the survey. There is a 14/14hc guild on my server, that since their first kill a large portion of the team have stopped playing
    i don't think the percentage would be that far off. It might jump up to .25% but i don't think there are that many inactive accounts that killed heroic garrosh between september 10th and november 26th. if you go by wow progress stats, this is what they posted recently....

"Total amount of unique players that killed any boss in Tier 16 Heroic: 171,900
    Active unique players that killed any boss in Tier 16 Heroic: 167,871 (97.66%)"
    Active player - player that has at least one character updated in Battle.net within last 30 days
    Source: http://www.wowprogress.com/stats

So 97.66% of players that have killed any heroic t16 boss are still active. So the percentages for heroic garrosh are probably very accurate.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    IMO the biggest challenge in WoW is managing a raiding team, the actual encounter difficulty pales in comparison.
    Exactly.

Here's how to kill Garrosh if you have an easy assignment. DPS on the boss is the thing done inbetween doing other things.

Stand in a place. Aoe some stuff. Kill an add. Aoe more stuff. Kill another add.
    Stun and kill some adds. Stand in a place. Avoid a slow cone attack.
    Follow the boss. Aoe some people. Repeat until phase ends.
    Run to a place, dodging swirly things. Aoe some stuff. Stand in a place. Avoid a slow cone attack.
    Follow the boss. Aoe some people. Run to a place, dodging swirly things. Repeat until phase ends.
    Follow the boss. Stand in a place. Stand on the edge of a circle, move out when you have a debuff, move in when it fades. Run across the room, dodging swirly things. Repeat with slightly altered timings until dead.

Obviously some strats will vary.

Nothing on that list is hard on its own.

There are other things that come into it like usage of offensive/defensive cooldowns, you can find timings for these from guides or forums, and create a list based on your raid. There's a few other assignments that are different, and a few more detailed things for people with those assignments to do, but you can just give those to people you know are suited to such things.

The difficulty comes in throwing all of that stuff together whilst carrying out your role at the same time as the rest of your raid carrying out their roles, in a group that has enough gear to produce the required numbers with their current skill level.

Perfectly fine number considering the modern average player skill level.

Quote Originally Posted by Adonias View Post
    what was the % for the lvl 60 (40 Man) Naxx? I recall it having the lowest amount of people who even entered it while it was current? overall, bliz making it easier or keeping it this way will always have people wanting the other choice, I think blizzard knows what they are doing. if someone really really wants to work for a heroic end boss kill, they can apply/ make a guild/ etc etc... DO THINGS to make it happen. I by no means think i was a super hardcore raider, I remember doing firelands and being pretty high on the list those first few days as far as first kills, I liked that. but thats what I am happy with.
    .05% but to be fair that kind of raid was way too hard resist gear for saph was like 2-3kg to make which in vanilla was absurd amounts.

It's called heroic for a reason, not everyone can become a hero. I'm pleased with current statistics.

Quote Originally Posted by wych View Post
    It's a bit of a useless stat IMO in terms of discussing difficulty or longevity of a raid. Lots of players, like myself, simply have no intention of downing heroic Garrosh.

Blizzard need to start looking at alternative end game for casual players past "tourist mode" in LFR, the penny seems to have finally dropped that farming a raiding tier in LFR for 4 months+ isn't interesting end game for casuals.
    Casual endgame is in place since vanilla. It's called reputation. I can agree however that reputations are probably too grindy recently, and often has easily inflated rewards.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Normie View Post
    Everyone agrees with you, except the .23% of players that Blizzard actually cares about.

But not to worry. The 99.77% are happy to spend our $15/month to provide entertainment for the .23% who would have to spend $10,000/month otherwise.
    Yes. 100% of all development is spent on the last boss in the tier and nobody else kills a single boss in raids.

Also, ask yourself the question. Is heroic garrosh content for the players that have killed him or for the players that havent killed him yet? I killed Heroic Garrosh a bit over 2 months ago, I have not raided since then. Do I have any content left? No I do not. I am not saying that there should be any more content. But you need to consider that the end boss is not content for the 0.23% that killed him, rather the 99.77% that did not kill him.

15+ Year Old Account
    There's no way to prove why 99.77% of players haven't done it. I was replying to the post that suggested players were still progressing or working on finishing it, when it could be just as likely they don't care. Thus, not a success.
    People play the game for different reasons.
    wyrd bið ful aræd

Deleted
    imo the problem is that this is being compared to the wrong amount of players. It's not #players with garrosh hc kill / total amount of players, it needs to be #players with garrosh hc kill / total amount of players doing heroic raid content, so basicly it's more like 0.23% out of the 6.89% which is rougly 3.33% of the heroic raiders have killed garrosh 4months after the release!