Board short killed my board and video card! /cry

Sucks... but the mobo was due for an update.

What should I replace it with? I traditionally run AMD/ATI but I am considering Intel/Nvidia this time around...

I am heading to Fry's after work, any suggestions? Mobo, vid, cpu.

10+ Year Old Account
    Need more info on.. well.. everything. What hardware you have now, what you do, price range, etc.

In the meantime, moving this to the build/upgrade subforum.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

No info to give.

What are suggestions for getting now? Intel, AMD? Which CPU, GPU. I dont keep up on the latest hardware releases, just wondering whats a good system. Going high end.

10+ Year Old Account
    What hardware you have now, what games do you play, price range, etc.
    You don't know any of that?
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

10+ Year Old Account
    "I want you to help me build a pc but not tell you what I do with it nor what I can spend"

Quote Originally Posted by necromori View Post
    No info to give.

What are suggestions for getting now? Intel, AMD? Which CPU, GPU. I dont keep up on the latest hardware releases, just wondering whats a good system. Going high end.
    We need a budget, what you are looking to do with it, what resolution/settings you would like to be able to play games at and any potential parts that can be re-used(monitor, HDD, etc).

Without telling us those things, you will get 0 help as we do not know what to look for.
    If you must insist on using a non-sanctioned sitting apparatus, please consider the tensile strength
    of the materials present in the object in question in comparison to your own mass volumetric density.

In other words, stop breaking shit with your fat ass.

Quote Originally Posted by necromori View Post
    No info to give.

"high end, no budget".

*digs out that list with a 4960X, 2000 bucks of sub-zero cooling equipment and four 780tis*

We need a budget and what you intend to do on the computer, which resolution you are gaming on, how many screens you want to use, whether or not you need an OS, keyboard, mouse or speakers, which country you live in and so on. Otherwise we have nothing to go on.

4670k, 280x, asus z87, cm 212 evo, 8/16gb ram, 240gb ssd, corsair ax760i, corsair 550D
    There you have a computer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lizbeth View Post
    Nah, FOX news is a good source of information but everyone has their flaws so they can have some "yellow" material from time to time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lizbeth View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiyld View Post
    Something MAC-adress something
    I dont even use a Mac.. I use a PC.

Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    We need a budget and what you intend to do on the computer, which resolution you are gaming on, how many screens you want to use, whether or not you need an OS, keyboard, mouse or speakers, which country you live in and so on. Otherwise we have nothing to go on.
    good stuff, good things

no budget, no resolution, no screens, no country.

i dont keep up with the latest, high end much games

OP is Johnny Tightlips.

Yeah... Come up with a roof and we'll take it from there.