Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Nooooooooooo my goat!

It was needed in all honestly, now lets hope they nurf passive dodge and parry for pvp!

Quote Originally Posted by Verain View Post
    If it was -10% magic done it might actually be worth using. The problem was never the amount of lost damage due to the snare, it was the extra chance to be interrupted, which made it alternately useless or too good (instants were largely immune).

I don't like the change because it essentially deletes mind numbing poison, a vanilla rogue power and one of TWO baseline utility poisons, now basically worthless. To compensate they should do any of:

1)- Change the 10% casting snare to something like a 10% magnitude reduction versus players while retaining the 50% casting snare in pve.
    2)- Offer a replacement baseline utility poison for rogues.
    3)- Add something else to JUST mind numbing poison. This could be as simple as fixing the mind numbing shiv effect to do something versus instants.
    oh QQ i've played in BG's for probably over 5 years, nothing worse with a rogue with all CD's and mind numbing just obliterating you because your cast speed turned into a total joke trying to land 2+ second casts which couldn't be easier to interrupt/cloak/los anything no-one can fail to judge such a long ass cast time, while all thats required is you stick on a target moving slowly due to crippling.

and vanilla rogue was just massively overpowered anyway, if we wanted vanilla style stuff bring back mages taking 80% hp in 1 pyro sounds fun.

Good, but I'll feel sad when I abandon my goat .

Quote Originally Posted by Tyr216 View Post
    Sometimes I wonder how much time Holinka spends actually PvP'ing.
    Quote Originally Posted by wow View Post
    Given how terrible holinka has been for balancing all mop wouldn't count on any real fixes.
    Quote Originally Posted by wow View Post
    Before pvp balance problems were caused by pve gear or scaling etc, mop every patch had terrible pvp only change after terrible pvp only change one big trainwreck caused directly by holinka.
    Haha, wow, it really didn't take you guys long to find a new scapegoat, did it?

And thus, the cycle begins anew. Good job, WoW community. Good job.

Quote Originally Posted by Kisho View Post

what are we gonna blame chris robinson for horrible PVP balence??
    OT good change . . .though maybe they need to look at how it was applyed per class. . . hunters and DKs cough cough

Is this the shadow priest buff we were hearing about?

Quote Originally Posted by Kisho View Post

Scapegoat? He is in charge of pvp changes when you see a change that doesn't have anything to do with pve thats him. Have you heard the bs he spits out on twitter he clearly doesn't know what he's doing this being the worst pvp expansion ever and that says something with how pvp has been in this game.

When people blamed gc for things it was more wide spread and normally something he had nothing to do with whatever it was. But gc job was boss over large parts of the game so its easier to see why people would act like they did. Holinka on the other hand just does pvp and and he even tweets the terrible reasons he does or doesn't do changes.

When you see a pvp only change like say making bladestorm not disarmable or making juggernaut not dr with shockwave back in 5.1 that's holinka and his team. Its much easier to pin down holinka changes than it was to really pin anything at all on gc.

Deleted
    I laughed so hard with replies "Do people even cast anymore?", especially because it is so true :P

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Unneeded Buff.

Just makes Healers and Casters that much better against Melee.

Quote Originally Posted by zoth00 View Post
    I laughed so hard with replies "Do people even cast anymore?", especially because it is so true :P
    Like I said. This was the shadow priest buff we were hearing about.

To all the herp derp casters-don't-cast bads.. The goat debuff (and others like it) reduced your haste, which in turn reduced your casting speed, but also increased GCD's and slows DoT/HoT ticks.

For classes that rely on DoTs/HoTs primarily, goat debuff was effectively a 25% damage/healing done reduction that the hunters pet would AoE auto apply pretty much indefinitely. It was stupid as fuck and even the 10% version doesn't belong in the game.

Deleted
    It's a start, but why 10%? Why not just remove it totally? However this change will do very little, I was in arena and this mage was doing so much damage, thing is he was spamming ice lance, no casting at all.

This change benefits mages, as they will still cast icelance, but will be able to polymorph quicker (awesome job blizzard!).
    Last edited by mmoc3728ee3fab; 2014-01-12 at 03:32 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    It nerfs the classes that are already extremely strong (hunters, rogues, locks and dks) while buffing those that were already OK (mages, locks, healers, ele shams). All in all I think it's a good change. Especially the necrotic strike one. Necro strike was something you would mindlessly spam, which you still do, but the healing absorb combined with the spell cast reduction is insane. IMO it should be removed from necrotic strike, but oh well...

Deleted
    Its a good change, but nothing close to a gamebreaker. That said, they should have left the arcane mage change out.

Bout time. Imagine if a caster reduced your melee damage by 25% merely by targeting you. That's what this goat debuff was like. Even when playing a class that uses primarily instant casts, like a mage, this debuff increased their GCD, which reduced their meaningful burst damage in a noticeable way. It was far more crippling if you play something like a shadowpriest or resto shaman, which has to cast constantly.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Naztrak View Post
    Its a good change, but nothing close to a gamebreaker. That said, they should have left the arcane mage change out.
    uhm nonoonoooonononooo.. I dont think you get it... its a nerf for all casting speed reduction debuffs.. tell me why you woyld be special and keep it?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    uhm nonoonoooonononooo.. I dont think you get it... its a nerf for all casting speed reduction debuffs.. tell me why you woyld be special and keep it?
    because arcane sucks major pvp balls since end of wotlk and the 0,000001% of the community that make it ALMOST work should not be even more nerfed. Its really not a big deal.

Curse of Enfeeblement is something I rarely use as a Warlock. No problem for me.

I think 10% is basically useless now though, it would have been better as a flat spell damage decrease like the effects that can be placed on melee damage.

Deleted
    A very much unneeded nerf. Healers are already practically impossible to kill in pvp and this makes it worse.