Deleted

Tanking ADDONS - Help?

Hello, so I am wondering if any1 have some tanking addons that you must have.

I was watching SCO and he had this thing that made so whenever the other tank gets one stack, he gets a debuff.. and the more he gets the bigger it gets and it's really hard to avoid etc.. happens on himself aswell.

any1 know how i could fix this?

Also.. I found this http://www.sacredduty.net/weakauras-strings/ and how do i install these "strings" so they get ingame?

Tidy Plates and Tidy Plates Threat Plates would be a nice addition to help you see what mobs are attacking you and which are attacking others without targeting each one. I Second using WeakAuras, take some time and learn it yourself. When I first started using others' strings I felt compelled to do it myself.

15+ Year Old Account
    For myself there are a couple mods that I cannot live without on my tank!

1) Raven ; it's my go buff, debuff, rotation and cd timer. Many will use Weak auras/power auras and something else for buff bars but I like that you can do everythgin in one addon with Raven... not for everyone but deff great to track everything!

2) Omen : long gone are the days of "wait for 3 sunders" however these days it's more about knowing how close you are to ripping threat off your co tank after a taunt swap yet still pushing max dmg!

3) Icehud : I hate looking down or away from the center of my screen so having my HP, Rage, And absorb displayed right in the middle for me is a must! That you can also have enemy cast bars etc etc is just icing.

4) Tidy plates: Must must must have this one...toss in threat plates and it makes life so much better!

Quote Originally Posted by Odina View Post
    1) Raven ; it's my go buff, debuff, rotation and cd timer. Many will use Weak auras/power auras and something else for buff bars but I like that you can do everythgin in one addon with Raven... not for everyone but deff great to track everything!

2) Omen : long gone are the days of "wait for 3 sunders" however these days it's more about knowing how close you are to ripping threat off your co tank after a taunt swap yet still pushing max dmg!

3) Icehud : I hate looking down or away from the center of my screen so having my HP, Rage, And absorb displayed right in the middle for me is a must! That you can also have enemy cast bars etc etc is just icing.

4) Tidy plates: Must must must have this one...toss in threat plates and it makes life so much better!
    I use more or less the same set, although I just ditched omen for the IceHUD threat bar. (Sitting out to the left, magnified to 1.25x the normal size.) It tells you the same thing that omen did, in a more compact form. I also like that it shows scaled threat rather than absolute threat, so 100 percent is "stole the boss" rather than 130 percent. YMMV. With my recent patch, it also shows who the person with aggro is, and highlights non-tank aggro with color.

I don't use threat plates, because I am happy with the default themes, but that is personal taste. They all do more or less the same things.

With Raven I separated out short buffs and short debuffs from long buffs, and put the short ones near my bars so I could watch them. I used 10 minutes as the break-point; anything longer than that I don't really care about, but shorter things -- especially debuffs -- are usually important.

I also use a unit frame replacement (shadowedUF in my case) to throw up "main tank" frames, and display all debuffs on them. That way I can watch my co-tank(s) when I need to.

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account
    WeakAuras is a must, extremely powerful addon.
    Hermes or some kind of cooldown tracker (you want to know what kind of CDs are up so you can call for a personal if needed).

That's the only two I really see necessary, nameplate addons help however they cause the biggest performance impact when you're facing a large amount of mobs which is why I decided not to use them anymore and stick with default.
    Retired in WoD

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SlippyCheeze View Post
    I use more or less the same set, although I just ditched omen for the IceHUD threat bar. (Sitting out to the left, magnified to 1.25x the normal size.) It tells you the same thing that omen did, in a more compact form. .
    Nice will look into that! the 130% is the ranged breakpoint I believe 110% is the melee breakpoint and that is why at 100% you don't take agro off the co tank but at 110% you do

Raven is also very powerful for setting up a priority rotation bar especially for new tanks. I set it up a while back and just never looked back great way to see at a glance no matter what just happened what spell you should be casting next! You can see it in action in my vids (link in sig).

1. Tidy Plates: Threat Plates
    2. Skada (Threat Metre)

You dont need nothing else

Quote Originally Posted by Odina View Post
    Nice will look into that! the 130% is the ranged breakpoint I believe 110% is the melee breakpoint and that is why at 100% you don't take agro off the co tank but at 110% you do

Raven is also very powerful for setting up a priority rotation bar especially for new tanks. I set it up a while back and just never looked back great way to see at a glance no matter what just happened what spell you should be casting next! You can see it in action in my vids (link in sig).
    Heh. I like the scaled threat, because I am too busy tanking to do the math in my head -- so I start to worry when I pass 90 percent, and know I will pull agro at 100 percent, which is nice and easy. (...and 90 percent is, like, all the damn time unless my cotank constantly taunts right now; why don't they have a high DPS build too, damn them.

If you are looking for a "rotation helper" while you learn, I also recommend "Bitten's SpellFlash: ${my spec}": it replaces the default proc highlighting with a "what is the next recommended ability" highlight. Following it blindly will make you, like, passable. Not perfect, but OK. I find it a big help while playing alts and learning the rotation -- and, especially when, to step away from it.

It does a lot of the heavy lifting of mathing out, eg, anticipating incoming chi/holy power/whatever, or checking if you are going to cap runic, in the flashing, so I still find it helpful even when I have mastered things. It replaces a bunch of indicators that other people make highly prominent in their UI for me -- eg: I have a Death Strike cooldown button just near the center of the screen. If it flashes I know that I have a "spare" death strike after this one, or that my blood shield is going to drop off. That helps me make a decision about when to use it, without having to blindly follow the "hit it naow!" I would on, say, my rogue, which I never got the feel for, and eventually stopped playing.