10+ Year Old Account

Existing battle pets/mounts and WoD

I've recently re-subbed and instead of getting back into any sort of raiding, decided I want to spend my time focusing on pets and mounts.

My question is this: when WoD drops, what pets/mounts can we expect to be much more difficult to obtain? In other words, what should I be targeting now rather than in WoD?

Deleted
    All SoO and ToT pets, including the mounts. Some are currently "cheap", but they wont certainly be so in WoD.

The Kor'kron War Wolf, I believe, has been confirmed to be going away with 6.0 (or WoD) release as well as the Kor'kron Juggernaut most likely becoming a rare drop à la Invincible, Mimiron's Head, Pureblood Fire Hawk etc.

It's not too hard to find or make a Dragon Soul mount run now, so I don't think ToT mounts will get harder. In fact you could put together groups with less people and therefore have less competition on the roll. Same with the Elegon mount. World bosses mounts will be the same or easier if it's easier to put together a group for the kill. I agree that the pets will probably get a more expensive. Less people running that content= less people selling the pets. Of course the thing with raid drop rare mounts is if you really want them, better to start earlier and use every possible lockout. On the other hand, doing ToT normal now is likely a higher time investment than overpowering it in WoD.

The reward mount from killing Garrosh on normal or heroic, Kor'kron War Wolf, will be removed. The 100% drop from heroic Garrosh will likely be reduced to 1%.

The TCG is being discontinued. No news yet on what's going to happen to all those mounts and pets. Either become available some other way or gradually become rarer and rarer as the cards are used up. One popular theory is that they'll somehow be added to Hearthstone, but it's all just guessing at this point.

The Thundering Onyx Cloud Serpent off of Huolon might get harder, simply because in WoD people will be able to kill him even faster. Then again camping is camping, and as long as you get a hit in you get the loot. Same for all the Timeless Isle rares that drop pets.

Gladiator mounts of course always get removed.

Not sure how Pandaria Challenge Modes (for the phoenix mounts) will fare in WoD.

Everything else I can think of will stay the same or get easier. The long grinds will be easier (Isle of Giants raptor, Shaohao rep grind) simply because mobs will be easier to kill. Daily grinds are daily grinds. Raid meta achievement mounts will get easier. Rare drops will always take a lot of repetition and/or luck.

Edit:

It's been confirmed that the mounts purchasable with the Vicious Saddle from Prideful Combatant (100 3v3 wins or 40 RBG wins in season 15) will not be removed. More might be added and you'd only be able to get one saddle per season, but they said they aren't going to remove the current mounts.

More Edit!

Warbringers will be easier to kill, but that could also mean more competition. Could go either way.
    Last edited by Kaprin; 2014-01-13 at 07:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaprin View Post
    Not sure how Pandaria Challenge Modes (for the phoenix mounts) will fare in WoD.
    With them having tech in place to scale people's levels, I'd assume they can keep MoP CMs relatively difficult throughout WoD so I'd wager those are here to stay.

Quote Originally Posted by UcanDoSht View Post
    All SoO and ToT pets, including the mounts. Some are currently "cheap", but they wont certainly be so in WoD.
    • The pets will depend on which get added to the CTA/Gold Bags. I imagine every pet will be added with possible exceptions on Viscous Horror and Droplet of Y'shaarj since those never could drop in LFR difficulty.
    • The MoP world bosses will be annoying to do, especially Sha of Anger if you're not a Hunter. MoP raid mounts would probably be Horridon since I don't see anyone soloing him due to Triple Puncture though 2x Paladins or 2x Tanks shouldn't have an issue I imagine.
    • Kor'Kron War Wolf will no longer be obtainable since it's attached to the Feat of Strength for defeating Garrosh in 10/25 Normal.
    • Kor'Kron Juggernaut will be made a 1% drop just like any other Heroic-only drop mount.
    • Anything from the TCG that hasn't been made available on MoP's BMAH or WoD's version of the BMAH.

10+ Year Old Account
    All of the ToT mounts will be soloable next expansion, including Horridon.

ATM, the only mount that is being 100% removed next expansion is the Kor'kron War Wolf from defeating Garrosh on normal. That is being removed next expansion, as has been stated by blues numerous times.

The Gooey Sha-ling, and the Putridus LFR pet may be harder to obtain next expansion, due to not being able to que for LFR at higher lvls. I would focus on grabbing them- you have to do Putridus in the LFR, but you can do Sha on Flex for the Sha-ling.

Elegon may potentially be soloable next expansion.

Other then that, Galleon will be soloable next expansion. Sha will need the MC fixed to be soloable. Oondasta MAY be soloable at very high gear lvls. Nalak is currently soloable, it takes about 15-20 minutes though.

But yea. The 2 raid pets not obtainable through normal difficulty, and the Garrosh Normal mount. Other then that, all pets/mounts will also be obtainable next expansion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

10+ Year Old Account
    Vengeful Porcupette

Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post
    I sincerely doubt this due to Triple Puncture. Protection Paladins with Clemency would be the only tank I think that would be able to pull this off. Maybe Hunters and Locks could but we'll see when WoD goes live.

Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post

ATM, the only mount that is being 100% removed next expansion is the Kor'kron War Wolf from defeating Garrosh on normal. That is being removed next expansion, as has been stated by blues numerous times.

The Gooey Sha-ling, and the Putridus LFR pet may be harder to obtain next expansion, due to not being able to que for LFR at higher lvls. I would focus on grabbing them- you have to do Putridus in the LFR, but you can do Sha on Flex for the Sha-ling.

Elegon may potentially be soloable next expansion.

Other then that, Galleon will be soloable next expansion. Sha will need the MC fixed to be soloable. Oondasta MAY be soloable at very high gear lvls. Nalak is currently soloable, it takes about 15-20 minutes though.

But yea. The 2 raid pets not obtainable through normal difficulty, and the Garrosh Normal mount. Other then that, all pets/mounts will also be obtainable next expansion.
    There is a pet that drops ONLY in ToT on LFR version ´ living slime´ or something like that from primordious. I imagine that one will be very difficult to get since old LFRs are almost never done. Every other Raid pet drops from normal or flex version so should be able tobe solo´d or done with a very small group.

Quote Originally Posted by Nalira View Post
    Vengeful Porcupette
    People will still organize to kill each other for this on the Timeless Isle, 10 minute debuff be damned. People manage to organize to fight over Halaa in TBC to get credit towards those mounts.

That said I would definitely make the Ash Mushan a high priority if you want to get it before the Isle is abandoned.

Currently playing Borderlands 1 remaster. Amped for Borderlands 3.
    Add me on the PSN for jolly-cooperation @ PuppetShoJustice

Quote Originally Posted by Azrile View Post
    There is a pet that drops ONLY in ToT on LFR version ´ living slime´ or something like that from primordious. I imagine that one will be very difficult to get since old LFRs are almost never done. Every other Raid pet drops from normal or flex version so should be able tobe solo´d or done with a very small group.
    They will make LFR only pets obtainable either on normal as well or from the CTA or Gold bags.

Quote Originally Posted by Trubo View Post
    I sincerely doubt this due to Triple Puncture. Protection Paladins with Clemency would be the only tank I think that would be able to pull this off. Maybe Hunters and Locks could but we'll see when WoD goes live.
    I'd imagine it would be easy for hunters if you can de-spawn adds by feigning death like you can on a lot fights currently. Keep swapping pets in and out to spread out (or get rid of) debuffs.

They will make LFR only pets obtainable either on normal as well or from the CTA or Gold bags.
    I thought about buying LFR pets, but you probably make a good point... I can't see them not changing where/how they spawn.

10+ Year Old Account
    Triple puncture is currently LAUGHABLE damage in T16 gear for ANY tank. Sure, it'll start hurting around 70 stacks, but the boss will be dead LONG before that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

I guess I'm overestimating it since I haven't seen how much damage normal TP does with the 20% nerf that's gone out. Also, I've heard that all MoP LFRs will still be queueable at 100 and only require 7 or 8 people to queue into them; can anyone confirm or deny this? If true then there's no reason to add the MoP raid battle pets to the gold bags.

Deleted
    Blood coins. Once WoD drops, expect the timeless isle to be a ghost town, making the odds of getting the mount, pet and the title something that would most certainly require some cross realm grouping to make it possible, but would probably still be quite a hassle.

Kor'kron War Wolf, which is obtained by defeating Garrosh on normal mode. This mount will not be obtainable by next expansion, due it being the reward from the Ahead of the Curve: Garrosh Hellscream FoS.

When it comes to the pets from ToT and SoO, you can probably solo some of the encounters by next expansion or farm them on all chars every week.

World bosses from 5.0 and 5.2 has a chance to drop their own unique mounts. However, the chance that it will drop is pretty much abysmal (somewhere around 1 in 2000, according to wowhead and addons like Rarity). Blizzard has mentioned that they will probably implement some scaling to these old world bosses to allow those that still want to farm the mounts to not need a 40 man grp every time.

That's all I can think of for now. Good luck!