Why does Blizz make it so difficult to bring in friends who played before?

I tried so hard to get my teen daughter (another state) to start playing so we could spend time together and have some fun, etc. I sent her a scroll but she had been playing the free version and that won't work for that. So she decided to just buy the game on sale but the Blizz website sucks worse than zombo.com (which is actually an awesome website) and very hard to tell if you need to buy the lower level package or just the MoP package, etc. So she ends up buying things she doesn't need. Then contacts support who says they can't do anything about it until the charges come through since she used paypal. Plus they can't hook our accounts together as friends because she had a free account and then already bought the game under a different email address because she didn't know which one to use. And they wouldn't drop everything and create a new account that was hooked to mine either.

So, worthless Blizz support. A crappy Blizz website. And now my daughter doesn't want to play because we aren't "connected" (not to mention that I *REALLY* wanted the pet reward and now I don't get even that! :(

Bad Blizz, bad. how can you make such a good game and have such a completely CRAPPY website and even worse support that won't go the extra mile to perform "customer service"??? No wonder you're dropping subs left & right. Not to mention I would have had to wait three or more months to get my reward pet and trust that the Blizz "system" actually works properly.

/rant

Its not hard to know what to buy if you read what it includes. if you needed help you should have talked to a Blizzard rep BEFORE making a purchase.

if she used a different email address to create a new battle.net account she should have no issue being connected to you as long as she used the RAF email instruction in the creation of the account. If she simply upgraded her trial account it wont trigger the RAF system to my knowledge, RAF is from buying a new licence to the game and no upgrading an existing one.

You are being ridiculous expecting customer service to drop everything and fix your mistake right away. They cannot and will not, nor should they be expected to put forth the amount of additional work it would take to fix your mistake now rather than a couple weeks from now because you made a mistake and are too impatient to wait for the people who will clean up after you to be ready to do so
    Last edited by Giscoicus; 2014-01-14 at 09:01 PM.

I've never had any problems bringing in people to play. It is not hard clicking the right order on the website.

So, worthless Blizz support. A crappy Blizz website. And now my daughter doesn't want to play because we aren't "connected" (not to mention that I *REALLY* wanted the pet reward and now I don't get even that!
    If you want to connect with your daughter, turn off the pc for a weekend and go visit her. I'm sure you'll be fine without the pet reward...

10+ Year Old Account
    Nothing really to discuss here. Top post is little more than an angry rant so closing the thread. This needs to be taken up with Blizzard.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."