need farming advice on a certain box.

I am trying to farm the Vine-cracked junkbox for the dagger for my transmog set. I read a few comments on wowhead and it appears that literally every spot has been ruined thanks to a nerf in some way at some point in time. Where is a good place to farm either The Gloaming Blade or one dagger of the same effect. The effect being the black glow around it.

Try farming Prince Malchezaar instead.
    A witty saying proves nothing.
    -Voltaire
    winning
    plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose

Quote Originally Posted by ymirsson View Post
    Try farming Prince Malchezaar instead.
    That one doesn't have the glow effect im after. If it does then atlas loot isn't showing it.

If you have patience, farm gold and keep an eye on the AH. All 4 of the daggers with that model+effect are exceedingly rare and very hard to farm efficiently. Be prepared to drop 10k+, but you could earn 10x that before the dagger would drop.
    Last edited by Squirl; 2014-01-16 at 07:48 PM.

I think Malchazeen has a similar dark glow effect, but when I used it for transmog, the dark glow effect didn't completely override enchants ... it essentially combined or stacked them. I was not really pleased with the results since I was trying to get rid of Landslide at the time. I don't know if the Gloaming Blade completely overrides enchants or not.

Have they nerfed Isle of Thunder? I got my gloaming blade when I wasn't even farming boxes - I was doing the dailies that took you into the saurok area where you transformed... I just have a macro built into my cheap shots to pickpocket. All of those mobs - sauroks & trolls, used to have a chance to have a lockbox but I haven't been back there in a long time...

Quote Originally Posted by Calycia View Post
    I don't know if the Gloaming Blade completely overrides enchants or not.
    It does. Same with The Dusk Blade, The Night Blade, and The Twilight Blade. Malchazeen just has a red glow while the others have the red glow as well as a black glow that overwrites enchants.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where everything is bitter. Especially me.
    If Horde, Lion's Landing on the beach.
    If Alliance, Northern Barrens in the Lumber Camp on the mountain.
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    *bro fist*
    Main - My Youtube Channel - Useful PvP Items - Hunter Pet Spreadsheet - Music and Stuff

Deleted
    malchazeen has the exact same glow according to 3d model viewer at least.